Police State? Don't Be Silly! No Police State Here!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the cops there to help?

According to the City Administrator, this was a "judgment call".

The judgment of everyone on the scene was shit, and they should all be fired RFN.

The family of a 3-year-old killed in a northern Missouri house fire is outraged after police used a stun gun on the boy's stepfather as he tried to run back in and save the child.

Riley Jeffrey Rieser Miller died early Oct. 31 in the Mississippi River town of Louisiana. A city police officer fired his stun gun at Ryan Miller, 31, as he tried to re-enter his burning home, according to a city official. The house was destroyed.

Lori Miller said she witnessed two officers use their stun guns on her son a total of three times, twice after Ryan Miller had been handcuffed. The final time, he was in a police squad car, she said.

"It was police brutality," said Miller, adding that she was also threatened with arrest. "We're still trying to mourn."

City Administrator Bob Jenne called the police response a "judgment call." Jenne said Thursday that he is waiting to review a police report from the fire.

Emily Miller said the police response directed at her brother-in-law was "heartless."

"And while they all just stood around and waited for the fire department, what kind of police officer wouldn't try and save a three year old burning in a house?" Emily Miller said, according to CBS St. Louis.

Jenne said the fire started in an electrical outlet in the rear recreation room where Riley's parents fell asleep watching television. By the time they awoke, smoke and flames prevented Ryan and Cathy Miller from reaching their son, whose bedroom was at the front of the house. They fled through the back, with Ryan Miller trying unsuccessfully to re-enter the home before the second attempt that led to his arrest.

Jenne said a firefighter tried save Riley, but the house was too hot to enter.

Miller was taken to the city jail and released without being charged. He and his wife were later treated for minor burns at an Illinois hospital.

Lori Miller said the family is considering legal action against the city. And Jenne said he expects a lawsuit.

From http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57611502/family-outraged-after-police-use-stun-gun-on-stepdad-trying-to-save-3-year-old-son-from-fire/

cc

The mission of police officers is to preserve life, and while I don't agree with what they did they had obviously deemed the structure to dangerous to enter. Would it have benefited this family to lose another member to the fire that took everything they had?

I'm pretty damn sure that by the time the parents woke up, the house was already about to collapse, because otherwise they'd have gotten their own damn kid.

The judgment of everyone on the scene was shit, and they should all be fired RFN.

The family of a 3-year-old killed in a northern Missouri house fire is outraged after police used a stun gun on the boy's stepfather as he tried to run back in and save the child.

Riley Jeffrey Rieser Miller died early Oct. 31 in the Mississippi River town of Louisiana. A city police officer fired his stun gun at Ryan Miller, 31, as he tried to re-enter his burning home, according to a city official. The house was destroyed.

Lori Miller said she witnessed two officers use their stun guns on her son a total of three times, twice after Ryan Miller had been handcuffed. The final time, he was in a police squad car, she said.

"It was police brutality," said Miller, adding that she was also threatened with arrest. "We're still trying to mourn."

City Administrator Bob Jenne called the police response a "judgment call." Jenne said Thursday that he is waiting to review a police report from the fire.

Emily Miller said the police response directed at her brother-in-law was "heartless."

"And while they all just stood around and waited for the fire department, what kind of police officer wouldn't try and save a three year old burning in a house?" Emily Miller said, according to CBS St. Louis.

Jenne said the fire started in an electrical outlet in the rear recreation room where Riley's parents fell asleep watching television. By the time they awoke, smoke and flames prevented Ryan and Cathy Miller from reaching their son, whose bedroom was at the front of the house. They fled through the back, with Ryan Miller trying unsuccessfully to re-enter the home before the second attempt that led to his arrest.

Miller was taken to the city jail and released without being charged. He and his wife were later treated for minor burns at an Illinois hospital.

Lori Miller said the family is considering legal action against the city. And Jenne said he expects a lawsuit.

From http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57611502/family-outraged-after-police-use-stun-gun-on-stepdad-trying-to-save-3-year-old-son-from-fire/

cc

There is no hope for you!

The mission of police officers is to preserve life, and while I don't agree with what they did they had obviously deemed the structure to dangerous to enter. Would it have benefited this family to lose another member to the fire that took everything they had?

I'm pretty damn sure that by the time the parents woke up, the house was already about to collapse, because otherwise they'd have gotten their own damn kid.

Leave it to you to try and rationalize this issue. What ever happened to tackling the guy. We understand they should not have let him in the house. The point is how easy it has become and police are being taught to treat the citizen in this manner.

To preserve life? are you kidding me? when was the last time you got pulled over?

cc

TSN Update: This week in police brutality - November 8, 2013 - Roadside Proctology Exams

There is no hope for you!

Leave it to you to try and rationalize this issue. What ever happened to tackling the guy. We understand they should not have let him in the house. The point is how easy it has become and police are being taught to treat the citizen in this manner.

WTF Hope? What are you talking about?

"let him in the house"????

It's HIS call: not the cops'.

To be clear: I spent years doing mountain rescue work and forest fire suppression. One of the primary rules: don't allow would-be rescuers into a dangerous area (an avalanche runout zone, for example) if there's a real chance they would need rescuing as well.

That said, how can cops prevent a Father from trying to rescue his own Son?

They would need more than tasers if it was me trying to reenter the house.

cc

I don't think I'd have stopped the guy were I one of the cops. Contrary to belief, cops are really there to enforce laws. I don't know of any law saying you can't enter a burning building to save your own child. In fact, I probably would have helped the guy.

I'm gonna be needing some dick over here - need to suck.

You sound more like your mom every day.

Man, I hear you - I need some dick, too. Getting really thirsty. Need a thick load.

Jesus, you contards and your dick thirst.

It was the tazings in the cop car while cuffed that are hard to explain by touting that argument.

WTF Hope? What are you talking about?

"let him in the house"????

It's HIS call: not the cops'.

To be clear: I spent years doing mountain rescue work and forest fire suppression. One of the primary rules: don't allow would-be rescuers into a dangerous area (an avalanche runout zone, for example) if there's a real chance they would need rescuing as well.

That said, how can cops prevent a Father from trying to rescue his own Son?

They would need more than tasers if it was me trying to reenter the house.

cc

Fool the guy did not have to be tazed. Also if this is the only incident you're using to make the point that a police state is stupid then you are stupid....stupid!