Will Repubs win the Senate next year?

This column is old, written before the collapse of Obamacare.

This might well be another Wave Election against Dems. :)

New Poll: Cotton Tight with Pryor, Red State Dems in Trouble All Over
By Patrick Brennan
American Crossroads, a Republican super PAC, commissioned polls of four red states where Republicans can pick up Senate seats in 2014, and more than a year away from the race and before the real campaign’s even begun, the situation is looking good for GOP candidates in all four states.

In Arkansas, freshman representative Tom Cotton trails incumbent senator Mark Pryor, but by just three points, within the margin of error — and Pryor is at 45 percent of the vote, well below what an incumbent wants. On a generic ballot, Republicans are ahead, with 40 percent of Arkansans sampled saying they would vote for the Republican candidate for Senate if the election is held today, versus 37 percent saying they’d go for the Democrat. Pryor’s favorable rating remains strong, though, at 46–37; Cotton’s is 37–26. A poll released Sunday had the race even tighter, with Pryor up 42–41 over Cotton.

The situation is similar in Alaska, where Democrat Mark Begich is up for reelection next year, and Louisiana, where Democrat Mary Landrieu is defending her seat. Both of them lead their potential opponents, but only by a point or two, and the generic Republican leads the generic Democrat in both states by a small margin.

In West Virginia, where Democrat Jay Rockefeller will not be running for reelection in 2014, the likely Republican candidate, Representative Shelley Moore Capito, is demolishing the likely Democratic candidate, Secretary of State Natalie Tennant, 51–34. President Obama’s approval rating is well under water in all of these states, but he’s really in bathyscape territory in West Virginia, with just 25 percent of likely voters approving, and 65 percent disapproving. The poll was conducted by GOP polling firm Harper Polling.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/361279/new-poll-cotton-tight-pryor-red-state-dems-trouble-all-over-patrick-brennan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too far off to tell...Most people forget the crimes against them in a shorter amount of time....I predict the masses will be given something new, shinny, and free by then in order to help forget the disasterous rollout of Obamacare!!!

The large majority in this country really don't pay attention to what the folks in DC are doing----until it hits their own wallets, or affects them directly--which Obamacare clearly does... A few days ago the 15 Senate Dems up for reelection in 2014 met with Obama, pleading for delays in the Mandate and the Fines... They don't seem willing to fall on their swords to save Obama's signature failure.

Their problem is even if there is some sort of postponement, it doesn't negate the fact THEY Voted for Obamacare on a straight Party line Vote---without having even read the 2000+ page Bill... How will they explain this away to their constituents?

If barry and the dims can suppress the military vote, illegally squelch the Tea Party groups like they did using the IRS, get illegal aliens to vote by the millions for them, and have their own members vote repeatedly and illegally, then I don't think the Repubs have a chance again. But it would be nice if the Repubs took and held both and thoroughly lame ducked dictator barry sotero for the remainder of his reign of terror.

The large majority in this country really don't pay attention to what the folks in DC are doing----until it hits their own wallets, or affects them directly--which Obamacare clearly does... A few days ago the 15 Senate Dems up for reelection in 2014 met with Obama, pleading for delays in the Mandate and the Fines... They don't seem willing to fall on their swords to save Obama's signature failure.

Their problem is even if there is some sort of postponement, it doesn't negate the fact THEY Voted for Obamacare on a straight Party line Vote---without having even read the 2000+ page Bill... How will they explain this away to their constituents?

Yup, scandals and even massive deficits seem distant to most Americans, but when you screw with things vital to their lives after lying for years to reassure them, voters are likely to react in a big way. :)

Old media is dying while new media is growing by leaps and bounds. The "Big Lie" can no longer be contained as both the GOP and the Democratix are being exposed as a single political unit.

you can't just vote GOP or Democratix and expect anything to change.

Old media is dying while new media is growing by leaps and bounds. The "Big Lie" can no longer be contained as both the GOP and the Democratix are being exposed as a single political unit.

you can't just vote GOP or Democratix and expect anything to change.

Sorry, at this point in time, a vote for a 3rd party just assures the country's destruction and the ascendancy of the Radical Left as votes are siphoned off to no effect other than GOP losses.

The GOP is half-reformed or better. If we continue to replace hacks with good people, we can turn things around.

Yup, scandals and even massive deficits seem distant to most Americans, but when you screw with things vital to their lives after lying for years to reassure them, voters are likely to react in a big way. :)

By next year, the public will be well marinated in the consequences of Obama's lies.... and it will cost the Democrats dearly, because they exclusively are responsible for ramming this fuucked-up Law down our throats...Not a single Repub voted for it.

Sorry, at this point in time, a vote for a 3rd party just assures the country's destruction and the ascendancy of the Radical Left as votes are siphoned off to no effect other than GOP losses.

The GOP is half-reformed or better. If we continue to replace hacks with good people, we can turn things around.

Agreed.... You have to have control of the system in order to change it...

Probably not. I base that on 2 things. The infighting between the base and the establishment and the dem mastery at frame all elections into referendums on birth control, abortion and gay marriage even though most Americans do not rate these high on their priority list.

I'm referring to the primaries. The real fight is the election before the election.

Too far off to tell...Most people forget the crimes against them in a shorter amount of time....I predict the masses will be given something new, shinny, and free by then in order to help forget the disasterous rollout of Obamacare!!!

You idiots are amazing.

W. sent us to war on lies.

Obama messed up a web site.

Your priorities are hilarious.

I don't take my marching orders from anyone.

I guess the obvious is hard for you to swallow.

Nope, not that. I mean if that is how you want to minimize this presidents failures I am sure you can make money plastering that slogan on coffee cups, bumper stickers and T-shirts.

The rest of us will look at premium costs, Benghazi, Libya, spying scandals, the IRS, fast and furious, immigration, and disregard for the law.

Oh, and I am sure gw is not running for anything next year.

Nope, not that. I mean if that is how you want to minimize this presidents failures I am sure you can make money plastering that slogan on coffee cups, bumper stickers and T-shirts. The rest of us will look at premium costs, Benghazi, Libya, spying scandals, the IRS, fast and furious, immigration, and disregard for the law. Oh, and I am sure gw is not running for anything next year.

Your so called scandals are mostly imagined and most of them happened before 2012. how did those ahem...scandals..work out for you Mr. faux democrat?

You idiots are amazing.

Bush and our allies acted on bad intel.... There was no lie.

Obama said you can keep your Private Health Plan and Doctor if you were happy with them PERIOD.... That was a lie... You can keep your Health Plan and Doctor if Obama and the ACA requirements are happy with them.

If barry and the dims can suppress the military vote, illegally squelch the Tea Party groups like they did using the IRS, get illegal aliens to vote by the millions for them, and have their own members vote repeatedly and illegally, then I don't think the Repubs have a chance again. But it would be nice if the Repubs took and held both and thoroughly lame ducked dictator barry sotero for the remainder of his reign of terror.

And of course you forgot the conspiracy to let stuffed animals and goldfish vote.

The deal is the GOP took a major hit from the shutdown/hostage scam. They could hardly be more negative toward women,blacks,hispanics...and even target college students and senior......obviously...quite a math problem.

Romneycare 2.0...aka ACA/Obamacare is a moderate reform that's been messed up by a bad contractor...or several. Hell...I'd divert some of the Servers and Tech Geeks from NSA to get the Website running...then deal with a flawed procurement system where sub-par contractors make MILLIONS to basically hump he dog. In a month or two...the Fed Site is apt to work. State sites work. Most folks are happy to get a better deal. Meanwhile...in just months we get ANOTHER scare about shutdown or Default. Let's see if the Teabags try to dig the hole deeper.

I have SEEN the Right Winger blogs,sites. I've seen Rush,Beck etc. If you taint your product with bad logic, lies, hatefilled crap, deranged paranoia....you may thrill a cult of crackpots but repell the NORMAL folks. Some in the GOP want...desperately...to muzzle the mad dogs but the Billionaires,the Koch funded think tanks, all those lobby/super pac outfits...are a conspiracy that's mostly legal and as effective as it is subversive. The Normal boring Conservatives are under siege by the Teabags who have the redneck cannon fodder,the loudmouths in media, the BIG "investors", the strategies of ALEC...etc.

MAYBE...maybe a Dem in a red state does lose...but I expect the DEMS to gain a few seats in the Senate...which you can't gerymander. I expect Gerrymandering is extreme enough to keep the GOPPERS ahead in the House in 2014...but I think they will LOSE some seats they THINK are safe. In MANY areas MODERATE Dem can beat a digbat Teabagger.

Your so called scandals are mostly imagined and most of them happened before 2012. how did those ahem...scandals..work out for you Mr. faux democrat?

Never said I was a democrat.

Healthcare premiums hikes and sticker shock are happening right now. Benghazi was squelched just prior to the elections. He is now discussing regulatory changes thru the EPA without input from congress. We still have no real answers on the IRS scandals or deep the NSA scandals go.

So before you claim they are imagined let's get the truth out there and then we can decide,

eclectic skeptic,, said:snapback.png

You idiots are amazing.

Which of you talking point sites or emails instructed you to start that slogan?

His brain is programmed nightly over the internet by the DNC.

Come on, the Democrat Party has gone high-tech! :D

You idiots are amazing.

Not sure who you refering to when you say idiot"s", but I'll just assume you think I am a Republican...which I am not...Matter of fact I voted for Obama the first time....

But if you think all Obama has done is mess up a website you are straight up out of your mind....How about the fact he clearly falsified records just to get in office? Fast and the furious? Benghazi? Targeting Tea Party with IRS? Spying on reporters? Spying on allies? How about Syria where he wanted to help the rebels? Any of this stuff ring a bell?

Not sure who you refering to when you say idiot"s", but I'll just assume you think I am a Republican...which I am not...Matter of fact I voted for Obama the first time....

But if you think all Obama has done is mess up a website you are straight up out of your mind....How about the fact he clearly falsified records just to get in office? Fast and the furious? Benghazi? Targeting Tea Party with IRS? Spying on reporters? Spying on allies? How about Syria where he wanted to help the rebels? Any of this stuff ring a bell?

For ES to admit that Obama failed at anything is a major step. Admitting Obama failed with the website is his first baby step on the road to recovery.

Bush and our allies acted on bad intel.... There was no lie.

Obama said you can keep your Private Health Plan and Doctor if you were happy with them PERIOD.... That was a lie... You can keep your Health Plan and Doctor if Obama and the ACA requirements are happy with them.

Bad intel? I'd consider that a joke, but you're obviously stupid enough to believe it yourself. Gee Dumbya lied through his teeth to launch a war intended to enrich his military-industrial complex cronies.

And, my family gets to keep my health insurance plan, our doctors, my son is still covered during his college career, my premiums didn't rise any more than any other year, but the coverage has improved.

Bad intel? I'd consider that a joke, but you're obviously stupid enough to believe it yourself. Gee Dumbya lied through his teeth to launch a war intended to enrich his military-industrial complex cronies.

And, my family gets to keep my health insurance plan, our doctors, my son is still covered during his college career, my premiums didn't rise any more than any other year, but the coverage has improved.

See us on a year....

I've heard that before. Didn't work out too well for your team. The tide is changing, as more and more people wake up to the nefarious agenda of the right wingnut lunatic fringe.

Yeah, it is changing. You are in the minority insurance wise. More and more people like me are seeing significant increases in their insurance rates. More and more people who thought that they were getting a free or cheaper deals are seeing that they were wrong.

You are correct. The tide is changing. Just not in the direction you think. You would be netter suited to leave these type of threads and return to the creation and global warming threads. You are at least come across as knowledgable on those topics.

Ps. I am not talking about election results. I was talking about your insurance rates.