Treyvon 2: The electric boogaloo

(CNN) -- Police are investigating whether a 19-year-old Detroit woman who was shot and killed on the front porch of a home was simply looking for help after a car crash.

A lawyer for the homeowner, describing the incident as a "tragic accident," said his 54-year-old client is "completely justified in everything he did."

The homeowner told police the shotgun accidentally discharged, striking Renisha McBride in the face, Dearborn Heights Police Capt. Jeffrey Seipenko said Thursday.

"This man's claiming -- believed the girl was breaking into the home. And he's also saying the gun discharged accidentally," Lt. James Serwatowski, chief detective, was quoted as saying in the Detroit Free Press.

Relatives of Renisha McBride have complained because authorities have not filed charges against the man, who has not been identified. They say McBride knocked on the man's door seeking help after her car broke down.

Prosecutors said they need more information from police before deciding whether to file charges. The 12-gauge shotgun is being analyzed by the state police crime lab, Seipenko said.

Mack Carpenter, one of the homeowner's attorneys, said on Friday that his client has cooperated and "has nothing to hide." He, too, declined to name the man.

"He was woken up between 3:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m., and McBride never once said anything or cried for help," said Carpenter. "She just attempted to get into his house using the front door and also the side door and so that just scared the hell out of him."

Seipenko said that McBride was in a car accident and that hours passed between that time and her death.

Serwatowski told the Free Press that McBride was involved in a wreck several blocks from the house and left the accident scene. The wreck happened about 1:30 a.m. and the shooting at 3:40 a.m., the Free Press reported.

Friends and relatives held a rally Wednesday outside the house where the shooting occurred and had another rally elsewhere Thursday night. They allege that McBride was racially profiled by the white homeowner.

"My niece didn't deserve to die like this. This is senseless," McBride's aunt Bernita Spinks told CNN affiliate WDIV at the Wednesday rally. "I just want justice for my niece, and peace."

McBride's father, Walter Simmons, said he believes Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "will do the right thing and prosecute to the fullest extent. So we have confidence in that, and that Dearborn Heights police will cooperate and give all the information that's needed that's asked for."

So the girl was in a minor traffic accident 2 hours prior to attempting to enter a home that was not her own. She tried opening a side door and then the front door. She was not calling for help, she was shot while attempting to enter someones home at 4am. The shooter was white, the shootee was black. Media are labeling this profiling and the shooting racially motivated.

Treyvon part 2.

(CNN) -- Police are investigating whether a 19-year-old Detroit woman who was shot and killed on the front porch of a home was simply looking for help after a car crash.

A lawyer for the homeowner, describing the incident as a "tragic accident," said his 54-year-old client is "completely justified in everything he did."

The homeowner told police the shotgun accidentally discharged, striking Renisha McBride in the face, Dearborn Heights Police Capt. Jeffrey Seipenko said Thursday.

"This man's claiming -- believed the girl was breaking into the home. And he's also saying the gun discharged accidentally," Lt. James Serwatowski, chief detective, was quoted as saying in the Detroit Free Press.

Relatives of Renisha McBride have complained because authorities have not filed charges against the man, who has not been identified. They say McBride knocked on the man's door seeking help after her car broke down.

Prosecutors said they need more information from police before deciding whether to file charges. The 12-gauge shotgun is being analyzed by the state police crime lab, Seipenko said.

Mack Carpenter, one of the homeowner's attorneys, said on Friday that his client has cooperated and "has nothing to hide." He, too, declined to name the man.

"He was woken up between 3:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m., and McBride never once said anything or cried for help," said Carpenter. "She just attempted to get into his house using the front door and also the side door and so that just scared the hell out of him."

Seipenko said that McBride was in a car accident and that hours passed between that time and her death.

Serwatowski told the Free Press that McBride was involved in a wreck several blocks from the house and left the accident scene. The wreck happened about 1:30 a.m. and the shooting at 3:40 a.m., the Free Press reported.

Friends and relatives held a rally Wednesday outside the house where the shooting occurred and had another rally elsewhere Thursday night. They allege that McBride was racially profiled by the white homeowner.

"My niece didn't deserve to die like this. This is senseless," McBride's aunt Bernita Spinks told CNN affiliate WDIV at the Wednesday rally. "I just want justice for my niece, and peace."

McBride's father, Walter Simmons, said he believes Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy "will do the right thing and prosecute to the fullest extent. So we have confidence in that, and that Dearborn Heights police will cooperate and give all the information that's needed that's asked for."

So the girl was in a minor traffic accident 2 hours prior to attempting to enter a home that was not her own. She tried opening a side door and then the front door. She was not calling for help, she was shot while attempting to enter someones home at 4am. The shooter was white, the shootee was black. Media are labeling this profiling and the shooting racially motivated.

Treyvon part 2.

Not all media is saying that. There is a black contributor to CNN that said it it far too soon to say race had anything to do with it. He might not even have been able to tell what race she was, the shooting happened at night and it has not been determined how much light he had on his porch.

Not all media is saying that. There is a black contributor to CNN that said it it far too soon to say race had anything to do with it. He might not even have been able to tell what race she was, the shooting happened at night and it has not been determined how much light he had on his porch.

I know if I heard someone attempting to enter my house at 3:30 am their race would have nothing to do with my decision to grab my firearm. I agree, its early yet, but I have already heard calls for murder charges to be filed. That the shooting was racially motivated, etc. This sounds like an unfortunate accident, but I can understand why the citizen armed himself.

I know if I heard someone attempting to enter my house at 3:30 am their race would have nothing to do with my decision to grab my firearm. I agree, its early yet, but I have already heard calls for murder charges to be filed. That the shooting was racially motivated, etc. This sounds like an unfortunate accident, but I can understand why the citizen armed himself.

The fact that the police are reporting that he is claiming both accident and self defense is a little fishy. It seems to me it should be one or the other. But that odd explanation does not mean race had anything to do with it. I jumped too fast over the Trayvon story and I will not make that mistake again. I am thinking that when the whole thing is said and done it will be a matter of stupid, not racist. He shot her on his porch. He was armed and she was not in the house. He could have waited, aimed at the door for whoever was out there to actually come in. He didn't. If the shotgun went off prematurely it might explain the appearance of a lack of patience. He needs to pick one story and stick with it.

The fact that the police are reporting that he is claiming both accident and self defense is a little fishy. It seems to me it should be one or the other. But that odd explanation does not mean race had anything to do with it. I jumped too fast over the Trayvon story and I will not make that mistake again. I am thinking that when the whole thing is said and done it will be a matter of stupid, not racist. He shot her on his porch. He was armed and she was not in the house. He could have waited, aimed at the door for whoever was out there to actually come in. He didn't. If the shotgun went off prematurely it might explain the appearance of a lack of patience. He needs to pick one story and stick with it.

He pretty clearly did not need to use the weapon at the time he did. He was not in imminent danger, there is no evidence that the girl was trying to forcefully enter. If I shot someone under those circumstances I would be throwing out justifications to cover my ass. I am guessing that the accidental discharge/adrenaline are likely at fault here. Involuntary manslaughter.

He pretty clearly did not need to use the weapon at the time he did. He was not in imminent danger, there is no evidence that the girl was trying to forcefully enter. If I shot someone under those circumstances I would be throwing out justifications to cover my ass. I am guessing that the accidental discharge/adrenaline are likely at fault here. Involuntary manslaughter.

The thing about shotguns is they do discharge accidentally. So why point it at the door? I think you are right . I guess now we just wait to see what all the facts are. I have heard they are doing a test on the shotgun he used to see just how much force it takes on the trigger to discharge the weapon.

The thing about shotguns is they do discharge accidentally. So why point it at the door? I think you are right . I guess now we just wait to see what all the facts are. I have heard they are doing a test on the shotgun he used to see just how much force it takes on the trigger to discharge the weapon.

Another victim of Joe Biden's home defense course

When are the media going to hold HIM accountable?

Has Sharpton or Jackson reared their ugly heads yet? They have to be sniffing blood & publicity in the waters

Its Detroit for chrisakes.

Yes..... and with an average 1 hour response wait time for 911 calls to the Detroit Police, the home owner was his own best chance of home defense

Another victim of Joe Biden's home defense course

When are the media going to hold HIM accountable?

Now, Joe said to go outside and shoot it up in the air...not into the face of the person on your porch. (that might have made more sense...and would keep the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon's at bay.)

Now, Joe said to go outside and shoot it up in the air...not into the face of the person on your porch. (that might have made more sense...and would keep the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon's at bay.)

Back in the 80s, my brother and I rented a house and were subject to early sunday morning knocks on the door from Jehovah Witnesses.... Not a welcome sound after a late saturday night of hard partying... To resolve the issue I did the following..

The last Sunday morning they knocked, I was already awake.. I answered the door wearing a nice Tie---and absolutely nothing else...."Good morning gentlemen---come on in"... Our house was taken of their canvasing list.

"Joe" said to do that if you have an upstairs balcony

He also said to shoot through the front door if someone was trying to get in

I see you're not up on your "Bidenisms",,,,

Has Sharpton or Jackson reared their ugly heads yet? They have to be sniffing blood & publicity in the waters

Yes..... and with an average 1 hour response wait time for 911 calls to the Detroit Police, the home owner was his own best chance of home defense

Actually, Sharpton has been talking about this one, the one in which a black man tried to flag down the police only to be filled with something like 12 bullet holes, and the lady who went to jail for 20 years for firing off a warning shot at her boyfriend. He kinda clumps all three together occasionally.

Profiling is still happening people. Some of these may be examples of it, or none of these are examples of it. It does happen and innocent people die are are put into jail for mistaken Identity. Denying it's happening is ignorant.