The Theory of Divine Creation Goes Down in Flames!

The Bible defined a Big Bang universe thousands of years before the theory was created by man: a universal beginning, constancy of the laws of physics, including entropy, and cosmic expansion.

Well we all know the Bible didn't define a damn thing because it didn't write itself.

Why, how, and by whom?.

Details or its bullshit, George.

What bible have you been reading that says the universe is 6000 years old?

Oh please, like we all just made this up? Like it has been calculated at such by the Christian community itself?

All you do is keep claiming you've "told you about this quite a few times".

What you don't do is prove your theory.

Because you can't.

What, that using the old fossil records line as a debunking method is old school? I have. This is now the fourth time I'm telling you.

I didn't make it so, the scientific community did when it explained the processes and conditions by which one species becomes another without the use of fossil records.

I've spent hours posting up links to the scientific research cases on other threads and attempting to educate you dinosaurs and here you are still harping about fossil records.

I totally wasted my time and you want me to go through it all again?

Fuck no. Won't do it. I'm not your professor and its not my problem that you choose ignorance over knowledge.

So you keep bleating "prove it". It's all you've got. You're so fucking dumbed down that there is no level at which I or anyone else could explain it in a manner you would understand anyway.

I arrive at this conclusion through no fault of my own. Anyone who can be involved in discussion after discussion where more than ample proof is provided and can show their faces a week later on a new thread sputtering "PROVE IT" and "Oh yeah. What about the FOSSIL RECORD?" does not deserve my time.

Science proved it so maybe you should go find out how they did it and stop bugging me about it.

You're the one lacking. I have what I need.

Well we all know the Bible didn't define a damn thing because it didn't write itself.

Moses wrote Genesis under the inspiration of God. The rest of the bible was written via divine inspiration as well. Anything else was not canonized.

I think it's safe to say that Moses didn't know anything about astrophysics or that the light came from an explosion of something dense. What he did know is creation ex nihilo.

The probability of the bible describing the Big Bang as definitely as it does is pretty high, but I'll try to track down a number.

The order in which the universe and subsequently the earth and everything up until now was created is straightforward in the bible and it matches what science has discovered. This leaves little room for post hoc rationalization.

Why, how, and by whom?.

The Old Testament tells the story of a nation and the second covenant God made with mankind, the law. It was penned by many authors.

Did I remember to mention that Jesus is still dead, too?

Funny how they couldn't hang on to his body. If they had, there would be no Christianity.

GeorgeWashington, on 11 Nov 2013 - 00:23, said:

Moses wrote Genesis under the inspiration of God. The rest of the bible was written via divine inspiration as well. Anything else was not canonized.

I think it's safe to say that Moses didn't know anything about astrophysics or that the light came from an explosion of something dense. What he did know is creation ex nihilo.

This does not adequately support your assertion that

"The Bible defined a Big Bang universe thousands of years before the theory was created by man: "

It's called post hoc rationalization. Taking what we know today about the scientific origins of the universe and applying resembling aspects of it to a very simplistic, non scientific description of the origin of the universe written thousands of years ago.

The probability of the bible describing the Big Bang as definitely as it does is pretty high, but I'll try to track down a number.

The order in which the universe and subsequently the earth and everything up until now was created is straightforward in the bible and it matches what science has discovered. This leaves little room for post hoc rationalization.

It's blatant post hoc rationalization, george and the biblical description is anything but definite.

It's simple and unsophisticated. It lends itself well to reinterpretation by taking our highly complex and scientific knowledge of the universe's origin and the evolution of species and reverse engineering it to fit it like a cozy and convenient blanker over the top of the biblical hierarchy of events. A hierarchy based not on divine inspiration but on observation.

Up until the scientific data determined the origin of the universe, philosophers and theologians were more than satisfied with ascribing the series of events in the bible to the writers' observations of the visual universe. It is no less easy to do now and makes more logical sense than pretending they were divinely instructed to write down metaphors for the Big Bang and evolution despite knowing nothing of science.

Occam's razor.

Stars are not just magically winked into existence by some imaginary white-haired sky magician. They are formed by spectacular cosmic structures like this. The pillar on the left is about 4.5 light years in length. The finger-like protrusions are larger than our solar system.

These immense clouds of gas and dust are where stars are born.

pillars-of-creation.jpeg

Ah geez.... It's the "open minded" IDIOT who absolutely, positively denies any possibility of a creator....... :lol: We just "poof" came from nothing and are headed in no particular direction, contrary to science suggesting otherwise.

Science does not suggest 'intelligent' creation.

Science does not suggest 'intelligent' creation.

Sure it does. Science suggests an order and direction to the universe DUMBASS. Let me guess..... You think all that direction and order came from nothing in no particular direction..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you have an open mind or not DUMBASS? Quit lying about it and simply admit you're a religious bigot. EVERYONE knows already. You're kind of like the flamer who thinks no one knows he's gay.......

Sure it does. Science suggests an order and direction to the universe DUMBASS. Let me guess..... You think all that direction and order came from nothing in no particular direction..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you have an open mind or not DUMBASS? Quit lying about it and simply admit you're a religious bigot. EVERYONE knows already. You're kind of like the flamer who thinks no one knows he's gay.......

No, it doesn't. And I really don't care if you're gay. I'm liberal, remember?

No, it doesn't. And I really don't care if you're gay. I'm liberal, remember?

Of course it doesn't because you have a CLOSED mind DUMBASS. It's what we call confirmation bias. You've come to the conclusion and simply parrot ANYTHING that supports your conclusion while ignoring anything that doesn't.

You're a closed minded religious bigot. So.... how long did your preacher anal rape you? :huh:

ANYONE with an open mind ackowledges the possibility of a creator DUMBASS LIAR.

Of course it doesn't because you have a CLOSED mind DUMBASS. It's what we call confirmation bias. You've come to the conclusion and simply parrot ANYTHING that supports your conclusion while ignoring anything that doesn't.

You're a closed minded religious bigot. So.... how long did your preacher anal rape you? :huh:

ANYONE with an open mind ackowledges the possibility of a creator DUMBASS LIAR.

You really fall apart fast when losing a debate, don't you?

Ah geez.... It's the "open minded" IDIOT who absolutely, positively denies any possibility of a creator....... :lol: We just "poof" came from nothing and are headed in no particular direction, contrary to science suggesting otherwise.

The thing is divine creation was started a few years ago to try and explain an alternative to down . Sad little attempt . Not that I don't believe in gods but you nor I can prove there is or ever was one .

Yet you want to make an invisible white guy in the sky part of science ? how greek

It's funny that religious zealots like to tell the rest of us that we have a closed mind. All atheists have always had an open mind. Most of us believed in divine creation and god when we were children and then we got older and began to question the faulty writings in the bible. If that isn't open-mindedness then I don't know what is.

It's funny that religious zealots like to tell the rest of us that we have a closed mind. All atheists have always had an open mind. Most of us believed in divine creation and god when we were children and then we got older and began to question the faulty writings in the bible. If that isn't open-mindedness then I don't know what is.

Bingo!

I spent a lot of time on the other side of religious belief, and I remember how I felt when, after considering what I'd been told to believe with an open and objective mind, I came to the inevitable conclusion that it was all just fabrication and smoke-and-mirrors. religious zealots refuse to consider that their indoctrinated belief system just might be faulty to the core.

Funny how they couldn't hang on to his body. If they had, there would be no Christianity.

you stupid fukkn twit! YOU nor does ANYONE else know what happened or even IF something even similar happened.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA..... Did jesus have on his brown tweed robe, or was it the gabardine three piece? WHAT? SPEAK UP! Are you saying you don't know? shocking news.,.. YOU DO NOT KNOW!!!!

When you pretend to know things that the rest of the world knows, that you do NOT know, you spit on people's faith in a way that causes them to doubt. YOU are a destructive because your need to be "right" is simple ego play that people see quite readily.

Bingo!

I spent a lot of time on the other side of religious belief, and I remember how I felt when, after considering what I'd been told to believe with an open and objective mind, I came to the inevitable conclusion that it was all just fabrication and smoke-and-mirrors. religious zealots refuse to consider that their indoctrinated belief system just might be faulty to the core.

Right! They think that we just wake up and want to bash christianity and all religions but really that isn't the case. I spent alot of years and alot of time traveling coming to terms that there is no higher power and it pissed me off more than anything, that I was lied to as a kid.

Right! They think that we just wake up and want to bash christianity and all religions but really that isn't the case. I spent alot of years and alot of time traveling coming to terms that there is no higher power and it pissed me off more than anything, that I was lied to as a kid.

except, I think it is not really a case of "they think". They react defensively because they are not feeling confident in their own faith... at least, until it reached the status of being included as part of the konman's InfoWars.

It certainly isn't my intention to bash religion in general, and christianity in particular. I have plenty of good friends who are devout believers, and I can respect that, and their right to their beliefs. But I will do whatever I can to thwart the agenda of the christian zealots to contaminate our secular government with their theocratic tyranny, including their ludicrous demands that creationism be taught as a valid academic subject in our public schools despite it's complete lack of any credible, tangible, observable, measurable, and recordable evidence whatsoever. The bible is a fantasy novel, not a science text.

you stupid fukkn twit! YOU nor does ANYONE else know what happened or even IF something even similar happened.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA..... Did jesus have on his brown tweed robe, or was it the gabardine three piece? WHAT? SPEAK UP! Are you saying you don't know? shocking news.,.. YOU DO NOT KNOW!!!!

When you pretend to know things that the rest of the world knows, that you do NOT know, you spit on people's faith in a way that causes them to doubt. YOU are a destructive because your need to be "right" is simple ego play that people see quite readily.

Thanks for the kind words..

The science of studying ancient literature and its accuracy of transmission to is called historicity. The Bible is so exceedingly accurate in its transmission from the originals to the present copies, that if you compare it to any other ancient writing, the Bible is light years ahead in terms of number of manuscripts and accuracy. If the Bible were to be discredited as being unreliable, then it would be necessary to discard the writings of Homer, Plato, and Aristotle as also unreliable since they are far far less well preserved than the Bible.

The Bible was written by those who were inspired by God, so it is accurate and true, and represents historical occurrences. When we look at the New Testament we realize that it was written by those who either knew Jesus personally, or were under the direction of those who did. They wrote what they saw. They wrote about the resurrection of Christ. They recorded His miracles and His sayings. It comes down to whether or not you believe what it says about Christ. Do you?

http://carm.org/is-the-bible-reliable