The Theory of Divine Creation Goes Down in Flames!

Neither the Theory of Evolution nor the Theory of Creationism can be proved, thus both should be given equal credence in public schools.

The theory of evolution is based on credible science, backed with supportive evidence, and is a valid academic subject. The theory of creation is based on pie-in-the-sky theological fantasy without one shred of supportive evidence, and is therefore not a valid academic subject. The theory of evolution is science. The fantasy of creation is theological indoctrination. Science teaches. Indoctrination makes kids dumb. Sure made you stupid.

I didn't say anything about God, except to say that it was written "let there be light." Science agrees that there was an explosion to kick the whole thing off. Which agrees with science.

You should try to read more closely. You'll look less foolish.

Actually, you did say...

What we do know, he said "let there be light", and it was so.

The thing is, there is a near zero chance that intelligent life doesn't exist elsewhere in the universe. If lbasic life could evolve into intelligent life here, there is no reason to doubt that it could have evolved elsewhere, everywhere.

But that's not the point. The point is, that fact does not negate the possibility that all of it might have been intelligently 'created.'

Agreed. For those of faith believing in devine intervention, it would be selfish to think our creator

only created us here on earth.

As for the OP claiming she offered up proof that creationism is debunked based off the math and probabilities

of life outside our solar system, no proof exists, not in the OP. There is in fact scientifically speaking, more

proof the stories contained in the Bible are true than otherwise. For evolutionists, the science they tout as

proof for Darmwinism, has many holes, which are filled in with theory. Theory which requires faith in order

to make it believable. To be an evolutionist requires the same faith in something which isn't provable, as

the faith they bash which is employed by creationists. Evolutionists missing link is still, missing.

I don't propose to know how or why God did what he did or why. If he used evolution, I can go along with that.

What we do know, he said "let there be light", and it was so.

I didn't say anything about God, except to say that it was written "let there be light." Science agrees that there was an explosion to kick the whole thing off. Which agrees with science.

You should try to read more closely. You'll look less foolish.

tell us again about who is being foolish. YOU claimed to know what god said. that makes you look silly. YOU BELIEVE that is what god said. Let me know if this is getting too difficult for you to grasp

you didn't say anything about god??? except that you claimed to know what god said. while you are at it, what else do you know that god said... or was that it? you should share this knowledge.

Agreed. For those of faith believing in devine intervention, it would be selfish to think our creator

only created us here on earth.

wasn''t Andy Devine the sidekick of Hop-a-Long Cassidy?

I've not attempted in this thread to validate divine creationism, I've merely been talking about the ignorance of people like you and Oz, who think that you know what happened, but have filled in the blanks in your theory with faith.

All while ridiculing faith.

I'm just laughing at your hypocrisy.

No where have I ever ridiculed faith. What I ridicule is religion passing itself off as an alternative to science or vice versa.

No one knows every detail of "what happened" but there is an abundance of tangible and testable detail and data to support evolution (which in and of itself does not disprove an intelligent creator) but not one whit of testable detail or data to support the existence of a creator.

Religion is faith based. It's ludicrous to expect the faithful to pony up evidence.

Evolution is science based and not in competition with faith.

The two can co-exist but neither can supplant the other.

Stop being so fucking ignorant, golfboy and while your at it, stop pretending that every one of us who understand and accept the evidence of evolution are out to destroy those who have faith in a Creator.

And there you go, proving my statement correct. No proof, but faith that these leaps have been explained.

And you dare say someone else's ignorance is appalling.

I don't need "faith" that these things have been explained.

They HAVE been explained.

I've provided links to the studies and the evidence numerous times in previous threads. I'd provide them again if it weren't for the fact that in the very next thread someone starts on this topic, you, clitoris or some other apologist will pretend no proof has been provided.

You can do your own research from now on or stay in your ignorant bubble. Matters little to me.

The fossil record has proven the theory true. Or, do you have some other credible, tangible, observable evidence to contradict?

Didn't think so. Loser.

The facts have already refuted your blithering nonsense.

Reference the fossil record that explains the Cambrian explosion or the incremental record of one species taking the micro steps of going from one species to the next. I can't prove a negative but since you are saying a positive then you should be able to prove it.

Reference the fossil record that explains the Cambrian explosion or the incremental record of one species taking the micro steps of going from one species to the next. I can't prove a negative but since you are saying a positive then you should be able to prove it.

Why does it have to be a fossil record?

Are you so behind the times you're unaware that evolutionary science has moved beyond a need to rely on fossil records to prove its claims?

tell us again about who is being foolish. YOU claimed to know what god said. that makes you look silly. YOU BELIEVE that is what god said. Let me know if this is getting too difficult for you to grasp

you didn't say anything about god??? except that you claimed to know what god said. while you are at it, what else do you know that god said... or was that it? you should share this knowledge.

wasn''t Andy Devine the sidekick of Hop-a-Long Cassidy?

It was written thousands of years ago that God said "let there be light." Now we theorize (by we, scientists, not me), that that is exactly what happened....which, oddly enough, supports my point that much more.

No where have I ever ridiculed faith. What I ridicule is religion passing itself off as an alternative to science or vice versa.

No one knows every detail of "what happened" but there is an abundance of tangible and testable detail and data to support evolution (which in and of itself does not disprove an intelligent creator) but not one whit of testable detail or data to support the existence of a creator.

Religion is faith based. It's ludicrous to expect the faithful to pony up evidence.

Evolution is science based and not in competition with faith.

The two can co-exist but neither can supplant the other.

Stop being so fucking ignorant, golfboy and while your at it, stop pretending that every one of us who understand and accept the evidence of evolution are out to destroy those who have faith in a Creator.

Evolution is based on science, supplemented by faith.

It doesn't matter how many times you claim otherwise, there are HUGE gaps in your timelines and you use faith to bridge those gaps.

It's not me being fucking ignorant.

Evolution is based on science, supplemented by faith.

It doesn't matter how many times you claim otherwise, there are HUGE gaps in your timelines and you use faith to bridge those gaps.

It's not me being fucking ignorant.

Nope.

Check it out for yourself. The gaps have been accounted for..No faith necessary. Doesn't matter how many times you claim otherwise.

My claim is based on actual evidence I have sought out and found Your claim is based on sticking your fingers in your ears and your

head in the sand

. fingers-in-ears.jpg

Once you've actually taken the initiative to seek all the information available for yourself, your opinion will be given its due consideration. Until then, you're opinion can only be regarded as that of a small, uninformed child who doesn't want to hear that Santa doesn't exist.

You're the one with his head buried up his ass. I've offered nothing for you to "accept". But I did acknowledge your willful ignorance.

Wrong. Light first appeared when the first mass of hydrogen compressed and heated to the point of initiating a fusion reaction, and the first star was born. It had nothing to do with some god and a voice-activated lamp.

From the Moment of Creation to Man

Time From Creation Event | Event

0 moment of creation (some kind of singularity)

0 to 10-43 seconds release of space curvature

10-43 seconds loss of dimensions

10-43 seconds superforce separates into gravity and the strong electroweak force

10-35 seconds strong electroweak separates into the strong and electroweak forces

10-35 seconds photons and leptons appear

10-11 seconds electroweak force separates into the weak and electromagnetic forces

10-10 seconds quarks appear

10-5 to 10-4 seconds baryons and anti-baryons appear

0.001 seconds annihilation of anti-matter occurs

3 minutes nuclei appear

300,000 years atoms appear; light separates from darkness (outer space becomes black)

365 million years first stars form

500 million years first galaxies appear

2 billion years all manner of quasars and galaxies appear

9 billion years solar system appears

10 billion years life created on Earth

13 billion years creation of dozens of new phyla (Cambrian explosion)

13.5 billion years creation of dinosaurs

13.73 billion years creation of man

13.73 billion years the present

http://www.reasons.org/articles/creation-timeline

It was written thousands of years ago that God said "let there be light." Now we theorize (by we, scientists, not me), that that is exactly what happened....which, oddly enough, supports my point that much more.

How so?

Who wrote it thousands of years ago?

How did the writers determine that the light was caused by a massive explosion of a very dense object?

Were they psychic or did they have a knowledge of astrophysics that they subsequently hid?

How did they attain this knowledge?

How are you convinced that the biblical term "let there be light" and the 20th century science that describes the "big bang" isn't a coincidence or post hoc rationalization?

From the Moment of Creation to Man

Time From Creation Event | Event

0 moment of creation (some kind of singularity)

0 to 10-43 seconds release of space curvature

10-43 seconds loss of dimensions

10-43 seconds superforce separates into gravity and the strong electroweak force

10-35 seconds strong electroweak separates into the strong and electroweak forces

10-35 seconds photons and leptons appear

10-11 seconds electroweak force separates into the weak and electromagnetic forces

10-10 seconds quarks appear

10-5 to 10-4 seconds baryons and anti-baryons appear

0.001 seconds annihilation of anti-matter occurs

3 minutes nuclei appear

300,000 years atoms appear; light separates from darkness (outer space becomes black)

365 million years first stars form

500 million years first galaxies appear

2 billion years all manner of quasars and galaxies appear

9 billion years solar system appears

10 billion years life created on Earth

13 billion years creation of dozens of new phyla (Cambrian explosion)

13.5 billion years creation of dinosaurs

13.73 billion years creation of man

13.73 billion years the present

http://www.reasons.org/articles/creation-timeline

You do realize all of this information supports the theory of the Big Bang and resulting evolution of the universe, right?

Because in order to support the fantasy of creation, you need to provide evidence that this entire universe, as it exists, was winked into existence 6000 years ago by some sky wizard.

How so?

How did the writers determine that the light was caused by a massive explosion of a very dense object?

Were they psychic or did they have a knowledge of astrophysics that they subsequently hid?

How are you convinced that the biblical term "let there be light" and the 20th century science that describes the "big bang" isn't a coincidence or post hoc rationalization?

We know from ancient documents that "let there be light" was written. That is simple fact and is indisputable.

What that writing says is from nothing, came something. Of course that dovetails exactly with our understanding of the Big Bang.

Amazing God revealed that so long ago, huh?? And we are just starting to get our hands around it.

It's a beautiful thing!

Rebel58, on 10 Nov 2013 - 19:25, said:

You're the one with his head buried up his ass. I've offered nothing for you to "accept". But I did acknowledge your willful ignorance.

Wrong. Light first appeared when the first mass of hydrogen compressed and heated to the point of initiating a fusion reaction, and the first star was born. It had nothing to do with some god and a voice-activated lamp.

Actually, light didn't appear until organisms with visual receptors evolved to see it.

Unless one believes in God, then God would have seen it. Makes you wonder if those that believe think he'd been living in the dark up until then. :lol:

Waxing philosophical here.

Technically speaking, you're correct.

Why does it have to be a fossil record?

Are you so behind the times you're unaware that evolutionary science has moved beyond a need to rely on fossil records to prove its claims?

LOL... why not just admit there is no fossil record and you are using faith to bridge those gaps?

You do realize all of this information supports the theory of the Big Bang and resulting evolution of the universe, right?

Because in order to support the fantasy of creation, you need to provide evidence that this entire universe, as it exists, was winked into existence 6000 years ago by some sky wizard.

Agreed. A 6000 year old earth is simply not a well thought out position.

Nope.

Check it out for yourself. The gaps have been accounted for..No faith necessary. Doesn't matter how many times you claim otherwise.

My claim is based on actual evidence I have sought out and found Your claim is based on sticking your fingers in your ears and your

head in the sand

"Accounted for". LOL

It's pretty funny how you keep proving my point for me.

So a God, could not have used a "big bang" to create the Universe?

The Bible defined a Big Bang universe thousands of years before the theory was created by man: a universal beginning, constancy of the laws of physics, including entropy, and cosmic expansion.

What bible have you been reading that says the universe is 6000 years old?

We know from ancient documents that "let there be light" was written. That is simple fact and is indisputable.

What that writing says is from nothing, came something. Of course that dovetails exactly with our understanding of the Big Bang.

Amazing God revealed that so long ago, huh?? And we are just starting to get our hands around it.

It's a beautiful thing!

Really? Instead of answering even one of my very simple questions, you respond with more unsupportable nonsense?

Like I said, you can have your faith and your certainty that a creator exists but you can't reverse engineer centuries of accumulated scientific knowledge to justify and rationalize your fairy tale stories.

That's thievery of the most insulting kind.

LOL... why not just admit there is no fossil record and you are using faith to bridge those gaps?

Fossil records. You're still stuck on dinosaurs while most modern apologists are at least basing their arguments on advancements in evolutionary science over the past 40 years. Advancements which have made the need for fossil records obsolete.

I've told you this quite a few times now and you still don't seem to get it.

The fossil record argument died of old age. Everyone's moved on.

Fossil records. You're still stuck on dinosaurs while most modern apologists are at least basing their arguments on advancements in evolutionary science over the past 40 years. Advancements which have made the need for fossil records obsolete.

I've told you this quite a few times now and you still don't seem to get it.

The fossil record argument died of old age. Everyone's moved on.

All you do is keep claiming you've "told you about this quite a few times".

What you don't do is prove your theory.

Because you can't.

How so?

Moses wrote Genesis under the inspiration of God. The rest of the bible was written via divine inspiration as well. Anything else was not canonized.

I think it's safe to say that Moses didn't know anything about astrophysics or that the light came from an explosion of something dense. What he did know is creation ex nihilo.

The probability of the bible describing the Big Bang as definitely as it does is pretty high, but I'll try to track down a number.

The order in which the universe and subsequently the earth and everything up until now was created is straightforward in the bible and it matches what science has discovered. This leaves little room for post hoc rationalization.