Rebel58

The Theory of Divine Creation Goes Down in Flames!

So if man wasn't created by God, who was he created by?

I usually agree with you, Rebel58, but not this time. I have a strong belief in God and the Bible. Unless someone can show me something better, I will be a beleiver until I die. We're still friends though :)

Man was never created. Homo sapiens is the result of millions of years of biological evolution and natural selection.

God, on the other hand, was created in mans image about 6000 years ago to explain phenomena primitive people did not understand. Like lightning and volcanoes. As human comprehension of science and nature has expanded, the need for a god has diminished.

That, anyway is my stand on the issue. I respect your beliefs, and mean no ill-will towards you when I address certain right wingnuts with a fair amount of vitriol.

People believe that because they hate God and Christians. People hate God and Christians because God and Christians will not condone their evil/sin.

Are you trolling me?

Science and faith dosen't have to go against each other....

Are you trolling me?

Science and faith dosen't have to go against each other....

and yet they do

Man was never created. Homo sapiens is the result of millions of years of biological evolution and natural selection.

It's too bad you can't prove that theory.

it can be . alot better then the bible tried .

it can be . alot better then the bible tried .

Forgive me if I don't take your word for that.

Nothing you've posted has refuted my OP. That's where you fail. There are over 8 billion other planets capable of supporting life in our galaxy alone. And there at least 100 billion galaxies in our neck of the universe. The facts of science go far beyond your minuscule comprehension. Put the fucking bible down and pick up a science book sometime and learn something.

Your ignorance is astounding. This statement assumes fact not in evidence of all of the planets out there. That is just an assumption on the part of some scientists propounding a theory that has not been proved. Facts are needed not assumptions. I was telling you the latest science in those areas and you just dismiss them as not scientific. I am into apologetics and know how to argue these facts. You go look up microbiology and prove my statements about it wrong. Look into the latest findings in the fossil record and prove me wrong. Look into the latest facts about what things make the earth a habitat for life and prove me wrong.

You fail without factual refutation.

The fossil record has proven the theory true. Or, do you have some other credible, tangible, observable evidence to contradict?

Didn't think so. Loser.

Your ignorance is astounding. This statement assumes fact not in evidence of all of the planets out there. That is just an assumption on the part of some scientists propounding a theory that has not been proved. Facts are needed not assumptions. I was telling you the latest science in those areas and you just dismiss them as not scientific. I am into apologetics and know how to argue these facts. You go look up microbiology and prove my statements about it wrong. Look into the latest findings in the fossil record and prove me wrong. Look into the latest facts about what things make the earth a habitat for life and prove me wrong.

You fail without factual refutation.

The facts have already refuted your blithering nonsense.

The Theory of Evolution Goes Down in Flames because no one has ever been able to produce living matter from non living matter.

The Big Bang Theory Goes Down in Flames because no one has ever been able to define why there is water on planets.

Atheists love any lie that will support their hate of God and Christians.

The fossil record has proven the theory true. Or, do you have some other credible, tangible, observable evidence to contradict?

No, actually it hasn't. There are huge gaps that exist where "jumps" where suppose to have occurred.

Idiots like you fill in those gaps with what you think "must" have happened, because in your mind there is no alternative.

Your evidence proves you wrong, but you continue to claim that the science just hasn't evolved enough. Ironic, isn't it?

No, actually it hasn't. There are huge gaps that exist where "jumps" where suppose to have occurred.

Idiots like you fill in those gaps with what you think "must" have happened, because in your mind there is no alternative.

Your evidence proves you wrong, but you continue to claim that the science just hasn't evolved enough. Ironic, isn't it?

As I've mentioned, you've got absolutely nothing to refute the solid and copious evidence of evolution, so you trot out your ridiculous memes. All that does is support the theory that you are the dumbest poster on the internet.

This universe, our galaxy and solar system, Earth, and everything on it is the result of 14.5 billion years of cosmic, geological, and biological evolution. It was not winked into existence on a whim by some imaginary sky wizard. Or, as I've asked, do you have any evidence whatsoever to support that ridiculous concept?

As I've mentioned, you've got absolutely nothing to refute the solid and copious evidence of evolution, so you trot out your ridiculous memes. All that does is support the theory that you are the dumbest poster on the internet.

This universe, our galaxy and solar system, Earth, and everything on it is the result of 14.5 billion years of cosmic, geological, and biological evolution. It was not winked into existence on a whim by some imaginary sky wizard. Or, as I've asked, do you have any evidence whatsoever to support that ridiculous concept?

Repeating yourself isn't going to make up for the gaps in your knowledge that you fill in with faith.

You have no more proof that God doesn't exist, than I have that he does, but don't let that stop you from screaming that your faith outweighs others.

Repeating yourself isn't going to make up for the gaps in your knowledge that you fill in with faith.

You have no more proof that God doesn't exist, than I have that he does, but don't let that stop you from screaming that your faith outweighs others.

Your concession here is duly noted. You lose to me. Again.

Your concession here is duly noted. You lose to me. Again.

Your typical MO when you've had your ass handed to you: Declare yourself the victor and run away like a coward.

Seems like a common trait by those on the left.

What no evidence yet that the 8 billion other planets are actually "capable of supporting life?" You know like evidence of a habitable atmosphere?

Where's the flames? As an agnostic I don't see anything in your article to debunk Christian beliefs.

So, is it your opinion that the Bible conveniently leaves out the other planets? or are there more Gods creating them?

Your assertion that humans are "central to the universe" is the first time I've ever heard that claim made, and appears to be strawman fabricated out of whole cloth, that you can then argue against.

If you think that rocks spinning in space are proof debunking creationism, I won't bother arguing with you.

There is nothing as ignorant as a willfully closed mind.

Are you denying that seventeenth century Catholics killed scientists for suggesting that the earth revolves around the sun, instead of vice versa? Where did they get the idea that the earth is "central to the universe"? I actually don't know, but it's not that Rebel's interpretation is a new one.

God exists only within the delusional imaginations of low-information, weak-minded fools who've allowed others to establish their belief system via indoctrination. There is no god, and you cannot prove otherwise.

I believe some actually did believe religion in the earliest times, but I also truly believe it was hi-jacked by the powers that were as a means of control. I have a suspicious opinion of the origins of the Vatican.

I'm agnostic because neither side can show proof of their position, but you're asking me to prove a negative, retard.

Are you also agnostic about the existence of a giant purple invisible toad?

You prove it is required by your use of the word "consensus." Provable "fact" requires no "consensus."

A provable fact has to be replicated. You can't replicate, with today's technology, the evolution of ape into man. The theory of evolution is not questioned, however, and all of the biological sciences are based on it. Many facts have been discovered via the use of the theory.

All you are lacking is evidence that even 1 of your 8 million "earth sized" rocks is habitable....go ahead and find it, I'll wait.

Is that the point? Until we find humans on another planet, you're a comfortable Christian? On the day an alien is discovered, you'll move your Bible to the Novel section of your private library?

So, is it your opinion that the Bible conveniently leaves out the other planets? or are there more Gods creating them?

It doesn't. It's actually contained in the first 10 words of the Bible:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

In the Hebrew text, the word for Heavens is "hashamayim" using the plural form with the "im" extension".

Are you denying that seventeenth century Catholics killed scientists for suggesting that the earth revolves around the sun, instead of vice versa? Where did they get the idea that the earth is "central to the universe"? I actually don't know, but it's not that Rebel's interpretation is a new one.

Perhaps you're not aware, but we are not in the 17th Century.

The so called leaps in evolution (saltation) has been explained without the need for actual fossil records. These explanations and the evidence to support them are copious. I and others have provided them every time you and your ignorant friends have trotted out this stale argument. Yet you continue to pull it out every time the subject comes up pretending its still relevant to the debate.

If you're not interested in the answers and evidence provided, why do you continue to raise the issue?

if you are interested, why don't you do some research on the topic, bring yourself up to date on what evolutionary science currently has to say about the topic?

Your ignorance is appalling.

Are you also agnostic about the existence of a giant purple invisible toad?

Are you still allergic to intelligence?

alien_planets.jpg?w=620

The Theory of Divine Creation has been around ever since humans first climbed down from their ancestral home in the trees and began considering the world around them, where it came from, and how they got here. There scientific prowess, being sharply limited by a profound lack of knowledge and observational skills and technology, led them to create a plethora of imaginary supreme beings with the power of magic and absolute control over life, death, and everything in between.

These people would look to the sky, about which all they knew was just what they could see with the naked eye, which was virtually nothing within the grand scale of the universe. And they came up with a silly theory - which really isn't anything either in the grand scale of modern science - to explain it all. At some time, some all-powerful entity, who'd been there forever and will always be there forever (wherever there is) got bored one day and created all man could see: the big bright source of light during the day, the big not-so-bright light that wandered around the Earth during day and night, and the itty bitty points of light that flickered in the night sky. And because the central focus of this busy little deity's endeavors was man, all of this orbited around the only planet in the known universe. This stuff - along with all the rules of life according to this creator - was all placed into a book written by human hands and presented to other humans as absolute truth to be followed, or your eternal soul would forever languish in torment in a giant lake of fire.

What absolute hogwash!

Anyway, modern science has now thoroughly debunked this primitive and intellectually bankrupt theory of creation, much to the consternation of those who still desire to use superstition to justify personal gain and prejudicial intolerance. I mean, these people's ancestors had coronaries when they discovered they could no longer refute the the Earth was just another rock orbiting around a rather mundane yellow dwarf star in a non-descript galaxy. Just imagine the idea of this entire superstition-based theory going down in flames!

But they still clung to the belief that Earth was the only planet where life could be found, because it was God's determination. Really?

Using scientific methods of data analysis, astronomers have, for the first time, determined that there are 8.8 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting within the sweet spot of stars just like our own sun in our galaxy alone!

That's 8.8 billion other places right here in our own cosmic back yard where the right mix of cosmic, geological , and biological evolution could create another world teeming with life from single-celled organisms to intelligent beings. Now multiply that by the 100 billion galaxies or more that are know to exist in the known universe. That certainly is not "creation" by any sense of the word. This is purely nature at it's finest, the conglomeration of natural forces in the right mix at the right place throughout an expanse so vast it is humanly impossible to imagine the scope. And by comparison, the theory of divine creation cannot stand against the reality of the evidence and data, and is nothing but another debunked and defunct superstitious relic of man's primitive days when he lacked knowledge and understanding.

One source - there are many!

For decades I've been interested in how the "Big Bang" as is usually presented...won't "reverse engineer.". It supposes EXCEPTIONS to the known laws of physics. It supposes nature ...which tends to cycles, to things NOT "super extreme" did change it's ways...big time.

I think Humans are pre-conditioned to see a LINEAR reality,with a begin,an end.. Is the Universe NOT eternal? Is a begin and end a required element? The irony...though is the Judeo-Christin God s seen as ETERNAL....but..then ..it implies he had nothing to do for trillins of years. The Universe (or Univeses) HAS to operate as a CYCLE...and while a "big bang" works...it really just works in the context of a PERMANENT Universe where CHANGE happens.

If the Universe or universes never BEGAN...that alters theology in that the "Deity" can not be some monarch/wizard/father figure who "made stuff"... Rather a viable DEITY is "the Book Of Rules" or our common bond as "LIFE". Thus... the Star Wars concept of the "

force" might actually work. The Genesis tale...is at best a pretty myth.

In the past century...we HAVE learned a LOT about "how stuff works" and at best...Genesis is a VERY simplified story that gave some answers when there was NOTHING ...really...known.

The so called leaps in evolution (saltation) has been explained without the need for actual fossil records.

Your ignorance is appalling.

And there you go, proving my statement correct. No proof, but faith that these leaps have been explained.

And you dare say someone else's ignorance is appalling.