Rebel58

The Theory of Divine Creation Goes Down in Flames!

Scientists at a Kepler science conference Monday said they have found 833 new candidate planets with the space telescope, bringing the total of planets they've spotted to 3,538, but most aren't candidates for life.

Kepler has identified only 10 planets that are about Earth's size circling sun-like stars and are in the habitable zone, including one called Kepler 69-c.

Because there are probably hundreds of planets missed for every one found, the study did intricate extrapolations to come up with the 22 percent figure — a calculation that outside scientists say is fair.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/8-8-billion-earth-like-planets-milky-study-article-1.1507171#ixzz2k8CrvsMJ

They have found 3500 planets TOTAL. None of them capable of supporting life.

Scientists at a Kepler science conference Monday said they have found 833 new candidate planets with the space telescope, bringing the total of planets they've spotted to 3,538, but most aren't candidates for life.

Kepler has identified only 10 planets that are about Earth's size circling sun-like stars and are in the habitable zone, including one called Kepler 69-c.

Because there are probably hundreds of planets missed for every one found, the study did intricate extrapolations to come up with the 22 percent figure — a calculation that outside scientists say is fair.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/8-8-billion-earth-like-planets-milky-study-article-1.1507171#ixzz2k8CrvsMJ

They have found 3500 planets TOTAL. None of them capable of supporting life.

Here are a few more sources to consider.

Let me spell it out for you, child.

I DON'T CARE IF 5 OR 500000 SIGNED UP FOR OBAMACARE IN DC OR LITTLE ROCK OR ANYWHERE ELSE. ACA IS A JOKE.

I didn't see it at first but now I do and I have altered my opinion. I can do that because I'm not a partisan hack, like you.

FoxNews is also a joke. Sue me, I like killing two birds with one stone.

For whatever it's worth I commend you for not being a partisan hack. I suspect you wouldnt agree with me on much , but I respect this.

No there are not, not any that are known to exist at this time. There is not one confirmed finding or observation of an earth sized planet in the Goldilocks zone orbiting any star similar to our own. Not one. Not saying they do not exist but there has only been a few planets/planetoids found in the known universe capable of supporting life as we know it. They are all in this solar system.

My two cents : It's gotta be a mathematical certainty that Earthlike planets exist when considering the infinite vastness of the universe. We would, however, probably die of old age a million times over trying to reach the closest one.

Based on the same observations, using the same scope, citing the same report.

3,500 extra solar bodies discovered. Not one believed capable of supporting life as we know it.

Moot anyway. We are living in a created universe, we are a work of "fiction". Our universe was spoken into existence. No different than a novel or video game. There is no certainty there was existence 14 billion years ago. Or 4 billion years ago. Or 6000 years ago. Or 6 seconds ago. Our perceptions are quite limited and easily misdirected, mislead, misinterpreted.

Based on the same observations, using the same scope, citing the same report.

3,500 extra solar bodies discovered. Not one believed capable of supporting life as we know it.

Moot anyway. We are living in a created universe, we are a work of "fiction". Our universe was spoken into existence. No different than a novel or video game. There is no certainty there was existence 14 billion years ago. Or 4 billion years ago. Or 6000 years ago. Or 6 seconds ago. Our perceptions are quite limited and easily misdirected, mislead, misinterpreted.

Well, perhaps yours are, obviously. I prefer to keep my mind wide open, unlike your indoctrinated ilk that grovel at the man-made feet of superstition.

And there are over 8 billion Earth-like planets orbiting within the sweet zone of stars like our sun in our Milky Way alone. Why does that information frighten you so much?

Well, perhaps yours are, obviously. I prefer to keep my mind wide open, unlike your indoctrinated ilk that grovel at the man-made feet of superstition.

And there are over 8 billion Earth-like planets orbiting within the sweet zone of stars like our sun. Why does that frighten you so much?

There is nothing particularly frightening about the possibility of 8 billion earthlike planets in this galaxy. 800000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 billion earthlike planets in the universe. No more concerning than the copy of Playthings magazine sitting on Tonys coffee table in Grand Theft Auto 5. It does nothing to diminish the notion that we are living in a created universe.

There is nothing particularly frightening about the possibility of 8 billion earthlike planets in this galaxy. 800000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 billion earthlike planets in the universe. No more concerning than the copy of Playthings magazine sitting on Tonys coffee table in Grand Theft Auto 5. It does nothing to diminish the notion that we are living in a created universe.

A universe which appears to look like the setting of a video game. Digital physics and the computational universe theory. Matrix existence. Fascinating stuff.

God as a computer geek?

http://www.novaspivack.com/uncategorized/is-the-universe-a-computer-new-evidence-emerges

I find these whose turd threads amusing...

I was watching some videos on Neil derasse Tyson ...

This cat broke it down for me .

That super genius said: We are literally star dust...literally .... Us and everything you see was at one time part of a star..

If that ain't some magical shít I don't know what is. .

Think of the sun ... its the most enormous , horrific, chaotic and violent celestial object for millions of light years. Yet the exact same elements that make up our son are the basic building blocks of everything .( Emphasis on everything)...

I also remember the God particle hasn't be found... The God particle is what's supposed to have triggered life....

Until it is known ... I wouldn't be so hasty as to jump to this demonazation of religion..

For you God haters... you should look into simulation theory...

The math works as well as some 1950's binary code

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=PyZ-Uu2RD9HrkQfZtICYDQ&url=http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality&cd=1&ved=0CCgQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEzd_eLQPkcjTNikLD9-YxxaKa0GA

So you've made room in your "open mind" for an omnipotent God?

Well no. He's drawn a conclusion the possibility doesn't exist with his "open" mind. :D

Fucking retard.

A universe which appears to look like the setting of a video game. Digital physics and the computational universe theory. Matrix existence. Fascinating stuff.

God as a computer geek?

http://www.novaspivack.com/uncategorized/is-the-universe-a-computer-new-evidence-emerges

It is an interesting theory. It essentially theoretical physics and math finding order where there should be none, finding predictable and discernible patterns where there should be none. I have always believed in God, that we are in a created universe. The more understanding I gain about the grandeur of the universe and the complexity of the atomic/subatomic, the more convinced I become that we are created. There is an ultimate reason for our existence. The reason eludes me and likely will continue to, this side of the grave.

All I know is , I bought a duck - his name is Fred. A fightin duck. Higher power, yeah, I believe it. Do I believe everything around us is a cast of the dice? No. Too much order.

alien_planets.jpg?w=620

The Theory of Divine Creation has been around ever since humans first climbed down from their ancestral home in the trees and began considering the world around them, where it came from, and how they got here. There scientific prowess, being sharply limited by a profound lack of knowledge and observational skills and technology, led them to create a plethora of imaginary supreme beings with the power of magic and absolute control over life, death, and everything in between.

These people would look to the sky, about which all they knew was just what they could see with the naked eye, which was virtually nothing within the grand scale of the universe. And they came up with a silly theory - which really isn't anything either in the grand scale of modern science - to explain it all. At some time, some all-powerful entity, who'd been there forever and will always be there forever (wherever there is) got bored one day and created all man could see: the big bright source of light during the day, the big not-so-bright light that wandered around the Earth during day and night, and the itty bitty points of light that flickered in the night sky. And because the central focus of this busy little deity's endeavors was man, all of this orbited around the only planet in the known universe. This stuff - along with all the rules of life according to this creator - was all placed into a book written by human hands and presented to other humans as absolute truth to be followed, or your eternal soul would forever languish in torment in a giant lake of fire.

What absolute hogwash!

Anyway, modern science has now thoroughly debunked this primitive and intellectually bankrupt theory of creation, much to the consternation of those who still desire to use superstition to justify personal gain and prejudicial intolerance. I mean, these people's ancestors had coronaries when they discovered they could no longer refute the the Earth was just another rock orbiting around a rather mundane yellow dwarf star in a non-descript galaxy. Just imagine the idea of this entire superstition-based theory going down in flames!

But they still clung to the belief that Earth was the only planet where life could be found, because it was God's determination. Really?

Using scientific methods of data analysis, astronomers have, for the first time, determined that there are 8.8 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting within the sweet spot of stars just like our own sun in our galaxy alone!

That's 8.8 billion other places right here in our own cosmic back yard where the right mix of cosmic, geological , and biological evolution could create another world teeming with life from single-celled organisms to intelligent beings. Now multiply that by the 100 billion galaxies or more that are know to exist in the known universe. That certainly is not "creation" by any sense of the word. This is purely nature at it's finest, the conglomeration of natural forces in the right mix at the right place throughout an expanse so vast it is humanly impossible to imagine the scope. And by comparison, the theory of divine creation cannot stand against the reality of the evidence and data, and is nothing but another debunked and defunct superstitious relic of man's primitive days when he lacked knowledge and understanding.

One source - there are many!

For as long as humans have existed on earth there has been Atheists who reject God and who try to prove God does not exist.

There will always be Atheists, but I believe it is the responsibility of Christians to rebuke the Atheists to prevent earth from becoming a living hell.

Was it 8.8 billion or 8.8 billion plus 1??

Most garbage from Atheistic Scientists is just an estimate, or a guess which they cannot defend. Just like the Theory of Evolution, Big Bang Theory, Global Warming Theory, and the honesty of Democrats Theory.

Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be incorrect.

For as long as humans have existed on earth there has been Atheists who reject God and who try to prove God does not exist.

There will always be Atheists, but I believe it is the responsibility of Christians to rebuke the Atheists to prevent earth from becoming a living hell.

Was it 8.8 billion or 8.8 billion plus 1??

Most garbage from Atheistic Scientists is just an estimate, or a guess which they cannot defend. Just like the Theory of Evolution, Big Bang Theory, Global Warming Theory, and the honesty of Democrats Theory.

Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be incorrect.

fukk off you lying piece of shiit fascist scum

fukk off you lying piece of shiit fascist scum

Where is the lie? The 8 billion number is a pure guess. They have found 3500 extra solar planets. 8 of which are believed to potentially be the proper distance from the star they are orbiting, give or take a few hundred million miles. None of which appears to be capable of supporting life as we know it. They have found nothing and pulled the number 8 billion out of their collective asses. Its a guess. An educated guess, given nothing they have found yet is capable of supporting life.

So you've made room in your "open mind" for an omnipotent God?

I said I was open-minded, not weak-minded. I do not indulge in indoctrinated superstitions. I leave that for the low-info anti-intellectual crowd.

Where is the lie? The 8 billion number is a pure guess. They have found 3500 extra solar planets. 8 of which are believed to potentially be the proper distance from the star they are orbiting, give or take a few hundred million miles. None of which appears to be capable of supporting life as we know it. They have found nothing and pulled the number 8 billion out of their collective asses. Its a guess. An educated guess, given nothing they have found yet is capable of supporting life.

Since the post was not addressed to you, it is understandable that you would not know what lie I was referring to.

meanwhile...

it may be helpful to realize how many unknowns you identified. (check the bolded)

Planets care are said to as abundant as grains of sand on the beach.

space.jpg?fit=300%2C300

The theory of divine creation exists today for one purpose only, and it isn't to advance human understanding and knowledge. The religionist know very well that his theory of theirs is totally lacking in any intellectual, measurable, observable, or recordable evidence. There is none whatsoever to support this superstitious relic of an archaic attempt to define human existence.

But entire religions were built around this theory that some god winked this universe into existence on a whim.

And now that theory has been debunked and discredited because we have observed and measured how natural forces are responsible for our existence instead of some imaginary sky wizard. But as the theory of divine creation crashes down into a pile of rubble, so must follow the rest of the religious ideals that rely on creation to support their own existence, and the religionists will lose any and all claim - misguided and fallacious as they already are - to moral superiority.

The theory of divine creation is yet another manifestation of mans, similar to the old maps with the dire warning of dragons, to be deemed just another fantasy created by the lack of knowledge and understanding of how things really work.

So if man wasn't created by God, who was he created by?

I usually agree with you, Rebel58, but not this time. I have a strong belief in God and the Bible. Unless someone can show me something better, I will be a beleiver until I die. We're still friends though :)

If you can prove there is a divine creator? Then I'll believe he created it , otherwise it could just be a chemical reaction. Or something we just don't understand yet .

The bible proves there is a god and comic book prove there is a Spiderman

If you can prove there is a divine creator? Then I'll believe he created it , otherwise it could just be a chemical reaction. Or something we just don't understand yet .

Where'd the chemicals come from?

the fact you belive it could be a chemical reaction or something we just don't understand is just blind faith in our ability as problem solvers. Show a little humility ....

That blind faith is the same faith as a man in the.front row of church serman.

So if man wasn't created by God, who was he created by?

I usually agree with you, Rebel58, but not this time. I have a strong belief in God and the Bible. Unless someone can show me something better, I will be a beleiver until I die. We're still friends though :)

by spacemen , thats as good an answer as a god .

Planets care are said to as abundant as grains of sand on the beach.

People believe that because they hate God and Christians. People hate God and Christians because God and Christians will not condone their evil/sin.