The Theory of Divine Creation Goes Down in Flames!

There is no god, and you cannot prove otherwise.

You may be right, but you can't prove this statement is true either.

Oops.

Someone who insists there is a God, without a doubt and without proof, has no leg to stand on against someone who insists no God exists or existing. (I use the term "God" loosely. Even if an intelligent creator exists or once existed, imagining one knows what the entity would consist of or behave like or even whether it possesses any traits the religious attribute to it, is entirely out of the realm of possibility)

Just like someone who insists there is no God, without a doubt and without proof, has no leg to stand on to support their views.

Both creationism and evolution require leaps of faith to buy into the theories.

You really do enjoy your status as the dumbest poster on the internet, don't ya?

My statement has all the evidence on it's side. It is true. And you cannot prove otherwise.

Please show me a tenet of any Christian religion that says Christians are the center of the Universe, as you've claimed here.

Now is the time you'll run away, or start ridiculing, because you can't prove your claim.

Is there a difference between saying Christian's believe they're the center of the universe and them saying that God only created intelligent life on Earth and no where else?

If so, do you disagree as well that Christian's believe the latter?

Oops.

Just like someone who insists there is no God, without a doubt and without proof, has no leg to stand on to support their views.

Except for the evolution bit, that's what I've been saying. Did you not get that?

How do you know that God didn't create that right mix of aforementioned factors. God is real. God Created the Heavens and the Earth and yes you godless heathen God created you me and every other human being.

How do you know he did? Oh and god never created me, my parents created me.

Please show me a tenet of any Christian religion that says Christians are the center of the Universe, as you've claimed here.

Now is the time you'll run away, or start ridiculing, because you can't prove your claim.

Well, Galileo was jailed and cited for heresy for telling the RC church that the earth revolves around the sun. That right there shows that catholics believed the earth was the center of the universe.

Oops.

Science consensus is that evolution happened and is happening all the time. No leap of faith required.

As usual you can't comprehend what you read .

So I'll ask you, did Christianity teach humans were the only intelligent creatures and did they teach earth was the center of the universe?

Or do you even knew what the church taught?

I never post Christians have been the center , but that they taught the earth was ,. Go get an adult to read for you

You are lame .

Some people think god is an old white guy in the sky ,

that would be fu-k boy .

Some people believe god is just a process of things .

Some think God is beyond understanding .

Some think god is a myth .

fu=kboy I don't run away. I have a life . I attend to my life off the computer time to time . Try it

That's because you prefer to go around with your eyes shut and brain idling in reverse.

No, Cedar makes a perfectly valid point. All faiths are just that -- faiths -- meaning nothing can be proven nor disproven about them. In this case, if one believes in an omnipotent creator, why would the creator not be able to create 8 billion Earths if he wanted to? The mere existence of such a number of Earths is doesn't say anything.

But when it comes to providing evidence in support of a position, the evolutionists absolutely dominate, with creationists having nothing whatsoever to present beyond religious rhetoric.

Your OP is theory. Doesn't prove anything.

Other planets which can support intelligent life, aware of their own mortality, theory.

Let us know when there's been a conversation between humans here and life out there.

The big bang theory, refers to male ejaculation. That IS the big bang.

Your assertion that humans are "central to the universe" is the first time I've ever heard that claim made, and appears to be strawman fabricated out of whole cloth, that you can then argue against.

If you think that rocks spinning in space are proof debunking creationism, I won't bother arguing with you.

There is nothing as ignorant as a willfully closed mind.

Golf, the Catholic Church taught for centuries (can't speak for Protestants, haven't studied them) that the Earth was the center of the Universe, which is why they put Galileo before the Inquisition for claiming the solar system (which all parties thought was the entire Universe) to be heliocentric instead. For the same reason, Copernicus did not release his findings for fear of retaliation by the Church.

Your OP is theory. Doesn't prove anything.

Other planets which can support intelligent life, aware of their own mortality, theory.

Let us know when there's been a conversation between humans here and life out there.

The big bang theory, refers to male ejaculation. That IS the big bang.

The thing is, there is a near zero chance that intelligent life doesn't exist elsewhere in the universe. If lbasic life could evolve into intelligent life here, there is no reason to doubt that it could have evolved elsewhere, everywhere.

But that's not the point. The point is, that fact does not negate the possibility that all of it might have been intelligently 'created.'

I find it interesting that it a normal setting believers will stand behind and tout their particular beliefs as fact. When confronted with scientific evidence that questions god as a whole (granted, the OP is not a great argument) they immediately disregard their particular religion in an attempt to justify any intelligent creator possible. Do you believe in your "god" or any "god" that may be out there? Because, christians taught that the earth and humanity was the center of the universe for a very long time. Are the Jews the chosen people or is proving the existence of a god more important? I see a huge double standard when believers argue the existence of a god.

• Upvote 1

No, Cedar makes a perfectly valid point. All faiths are just that -- faiths -- meaning nothing can be proven nor disproven about them. In this case, if one believes in an omnipotent creator, why would the creator not be able to create 8 billion Earths if he wanted to? The mere existence of such a number of Earths is doesn't say anything.

Oh shit! Two leftist in one thread have my back...Rebel58, Your OP is officially dead. :lol:

The Theory of Divine Creation Goes Down in Flames!

Whatever. Until the days comes when a atheist/scientist can explain how and prove that matter can indeed be created out of thin nothing I'll keep going with some sort of higher power. In my case, God.

The difference is simple. Faith requires a person to believe in something for which there exists absolutely no supporting evidence of any kind. And there is no evidence whatsoever that some omnipotent creator is behind the origins of the universe. But there is ample observable, measurable, and recordable evidence that natural evolution is the force behind the formation of galaxies, suns, planets, and life.

Belief in creation requires a tremendous leap of faith. Belief in evolution merely requires acceptance of the scientific data.

Whatever. Until the days comes when a atheist/scientist can explain how and prove that matter can indeed be created out of thin nothing I'll keep going with some sort of higher power. In my case, God.

This is the exact arguement I use. If we are to believe that a piece of Matter collided with a piece of Anti-matter resulting the the big bang then one would have to explain what created the Matter and Anti-matter because you can't get something from nothing.

Do you always contradict yourself in the same sentence? Or did you mean to say "when a theist can explain how and prove that matter can indeed be created out of thin nothing...", which is the premise of creationists. Science contends that matter always existed. God has only existed within human imagination for about 6000 years.

The difference is simple. Faith requires a person to believe in something for which there exists absolutely no supporting evidence of any kind. And there is no evidence whatsoever that some omnipotent creator is behind the origins of the universe. But there is ample observable, measurable, and recordable evidence that natural evolution is the force behind the formation of galaxies, suns, planets, and life.

Belief in creation requires a tremendous leap of faith. Belief in evolution merely requires acceptance of the scientific data.

When I open my eyes and look around. I see proof everywhere intelligent Design. The trees, plants, birds, etc prove to me that we were created by an intelligent being. I kinda envy you, because it takes far more faith to believe that our existence and the planet we live on happened by pure happenstance. keep the Faith my Brother.

You really do enjoy your status as the dumbest poster on the internet, don't ya?

My statement has all the evidence on it's side. It is true. And you cannot prove otherwise.

LOL, I can just as easily say those planets were created by God, and you cannot prove otherwise.

And to think you call OTHER people dumb... wow.

The thing is, there is a near zero chance that intelligent life doesn't exist elsewhere in the universe. If lbasic life could evolve into intelligent life here, there is no reason to doubt that it could have evolved elsewhere, everywhere.

But that's not the point. The point is, that fact does not negate the possibility that all of it might have been intelligently 'created.'

The odds of evolution happening at all are astronomical.

The odds of that same process happening in two places is astronomical squared.

If you believe that evolution would produce the same results on multiple planets, I'd suggest you not visit Vegas.

I refute your evidence, therefore it is not irrefutable.

Can you refute my evidence with contradictory evidence of your own? Can you?

I'm willing to debate apples to apples. But if you're gonna keep throwing lemons into the discussion, well, like I said. You lose. Again.

When I open my eyes and look around. I see proof everywhere intelligent Design. The trees, plants, birds, etc prove to me that we were created by an intelligent being. I kinda envy you, because it takes far more faith to believe that our existence and the planet we live on happened by pure happenstance. keep the Faith my Brother.

There are more than 8 billion reasons for me to "keep the faith". The trees, the plants, the birds, and all the rest of life that would not exist on this planet had it not been fortunate enough to form within the 'Goldilocks' of a mundane yellow dwarf star amongst a sea of billions and billions.

From the right wingnut lunatic fringe's favorite source.

Where's the flames? As an agnostic I don't see anything in your article to debunk Christian beliefs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are more than 8 billion reasons for me to "keep the faith". The trees, the plants, the birds, and all the rest of life that would not exist on this planet had it not been fortunate enough to form within the 'Goldilocks' of a mundane yellow dwarf star amongst a sea of billions and billions.

From the right wingnut lunatic fringe's favorite source.

So.... would it be logical to assume a "creator" would ONLY create ONE planet? :huh: Especially surrounded by trillions of square miles of nothingness.......

Or are you simply a DUMBASS.