Rebel58

The Theory of Divine Creation Goes Down in Flames!

alien_planets.jpg?w=620

The Theory of Divine Creation has been around ever since humans first climbed down from their ancestral home in the trees and began considering the world around them, where it came from, and how they got here. There scientific prowess, being sharply limited by a profound lack of knowledge and observational skills and technology, led them to create a plethora of imaginary supreme beings with the power of magic and absolute control over life, death, and everything in between.

These people would look to the sky, about which all they knew was just what they could see with the naked eye, which was virtually nothing within the grand scale of the universe. And they came up with a silly theory - which really isn't anything either in the grand scale of modern science - to explain it all. At some time, some all-powerful entity, who'd been there forever and will always be there forever (wherever there is) got bored one day and created all man could see: the big bright source of light during the day, the big not-so-bright light that wandered around the Earth during day and night, and the itty bitty points of light that flickered in the night sky. And because the central focus of this busy little deity's endeavors was man, all of this orbited around the only planet in the known universe. This stuff - along with all the rules of life according to this creator - was all placed into a book written by human hands and presented to other humans as absolute truth to be followed, or your eternal soul would forever languish in torment in a giant lake of fire.

What absolute hogwash!

Anyway, modern science has now thoroughly debunked this primitive and intellectually bankrupt theory of creation, much to the consternation of those who still desire to use superstition to justify personal gain and prejudicial intolerance. I mean, these people's ancestors had coronaries when they discovered they could no longer refute the the Earth was just another rock orbiting around a rather mundane yellow dwarf star in a non-descript galaxy. Just imagine the idea of this entire superstition-based theory going down in flames!

But they still clung to the belief that Earth was the only planet where life could be found, because it was God's determination. Really?

Using scientific methods of data analysis, astronomers have, for the first time, determined that there are 8.8 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting within the sweet spot of stars just like our own sun in our galaxy alone!

That's 8.8 billion other places right here in our own cosmic back yard where the right mix of cosmic, geological , and biological evolution could create another world teeming with life from single-celled organisms to intelligent beings. Now multiply that by the 100 billion galaxies or more that are know to exist in the known universe. That certainly is not "creation" by any sense of the word. This is purely nature at it's finest, the conglomeration of natural forces in the right mix at the right place throughout an expanse so vast it is humanly impossible to imagine the scope. And by comparison, the theory of divine creation cannot stand against the reality of the evidence and data, and is nothing but another debunked and defunct superstitious relic of man's primitive days when he lacked knowledge and understanding.

One source - there are many!

• Upvote 1

Where's the flames? As an agnostic I don't see anything in your article to debunk Christian beliefs.

That's because you prefer to go around with your eyes shut and brain idling in reverse.

How does the existence of other planets of similar size to the Earth debunk creationism?

That's because you prefer to go around with your eyes shut and brain idling in reverse.

Well help me out then o' wise one, what in your article debunks Christian beliefs? Can you at least show evidence of say maybe a habitable atmosphere on one of these "earth sized" planets? If not doesn't that make these planets part of "The Heavens"?

the belief life came from beyond the moment goes down in flames so does the theoretical ideology it came from beyond this atmosphere burns with it as science fiction is as empty metaphors as spiritual fantasies.

So stuff your manifested destiny words define what real remains in plain sight. Reality directs perception on track to a predetermined notion of national identity.

How does the existence of other planets of similar size to the Earth debunk creationism?

Pull your head out of your ass and pay attention:

The theory of creation is based on humans being central to the universe because of their supposedly divine origins. The science has thoroughly debunked this nonsense and proven that our origin can be traced back to the naturally occurring forces that shape the rest of the universe. Not hard to understand, really, if your not afraid of knowledge.

The theory of creation centers on humans being central to the universe because of their supposedly divine origins. The science has thoroughly debunked this nonsense and proven that our origin can be traced back to the naturally occurring forces that shape the rest of the universe. Not hard to understand, really, if your not afraid of knowledge.

Every lifetime adapts in the center of this universal moment, as they pass through never the same adding details twice taking place currently, you educated idiot. Regardless the location in the universe.

Every lifetime adapts in the center of this universal moment idiot. Regardless the location in the universe.

So, what flavor of LSD did you drop today?

Where's the flames? As an agnostic I don't see anything in your article to debunk Christian beliefs.

Show where it doesn't

So, what flavor of LSD did you drop today?

but he's right .

Show where it doesn't

but he's right .

I'm agnostic because neither side can show proof of their position, but you're asking me to prove a negative, retard.

I'm agnostic because neither side can show proof of their position, but you're asking me to prove a negative, retard.

But when it comes to providing evidence in support of a position, the evolutionists absolutely dominate, with creationists having nothing whatsoever to present beyond religious rhetoric.

But when it comes to providing evidence in support of a position, the evolutionists absolutely dominate, with creationists having nothing whatsoever to present beyond religious rhetoric.

A little mentality going my ideology can kick your ideology's butt. Neither acknowledge what real is in their combined knowledge of denying what real is in plain sight.

Can neither prove nor disprove God until God can be proven or unproven.

So far, that hasn't happened. I agree with Rebel on most things but disagree that a plethora of Earth like planets orbiting Sun like stars disproves the possibility that at some point, something intelligent might have started the whole ball rolling.

The theory of creation is based on humans being central to the universe because of their supposedly divine origins. The science has thoroughly debunked this nonsense and proven that our origin can be traced back to the naturally occurring forces that shape the rest of the universe. Not hard to understand, really, if your not afraid of knowledge.

Your assertion that humans are "central to the universe" is the first time I've ever heard that claim made, and appears to be strawman fabricated out of whole cloth, that you can then argue against.

If you think that rocks spinning in space are proof debunking creationism, I won't bother arguing with you.

There is nothing as ignorant as a willfully closed mind.

I might have that explanation. Divine Creationists are like Judeo Christianity, they do have different sects/denominations of beliefs so to lump all these DC disciples into one would be misleading. Some/Most? Divine Creationists believe/or explain that the Earth formed by rare chance..the odds of the Earth forming was like a lottery and maybe not another Earth like us could be formed...well... the study shows just the opposite.

Can neither prove nor disprove God until God can be proven or unproven.

So far, that hasn't happened. I agree with Rebel on most things but disagree that a plethora of Earth like planets orbiting Sun like stars disproves the possibility that at some point, something intelligent might have started the whole ball rolling.

That's all I was sayin'...I wonder if he thinks "you prefer to go around with your eyes shut and brain idling in reverse.?"

I might have that explanation. Divine Creationists are like Judeo Christianity, they do have different sects/denominations of beliefs so to lump all these DC disciples into one would be misleading. Some/Most? Divine Creationists believe/or explain that the Earth formed by rare chance..the odds of the Earth forming was like a lottery and maybe not another Earth like us could be formed...well... the study shows just the opposite.

Except it hasn't shown any of these rocks to have a habitable atmosphere.

alien_planets.jpg?w=620

The Theory of Divine Creation has been around ever since humans first climbed down from their ancestral home in the trees and began considering the world around them, where it came from, and how they got here. There scientific prowess, being sharply limited by a profound lack of knowledge and observational skills and technology, led them to create a plethora of imaginary supreme beings with the power of magic and absolute control over life, death, and everything in between.

These people would look to the sky, about which all they knew was just what they could see with the naked eye, which was virtually nothing within the grand scale of the universe. And they came up with a silly theory - which really isn't anything either in the grand scale of modern science - to explain it all. At some time, some all-powerful entity, who'd been there forever and will always be there forever (wherever there is) got bored one day and created all man could see: the big bright source of light during the day, the big not-so-bright light that wandered around the Earth during day and night, and the itty bitty points of light that flickered in the night sky. And because the central focus of this busy little deity's endeavors was man, all of this orbited around the only planet in the known universe. This stuff - along with all the rules of life according to this creator - was all placed into a book written by human hands and presented to other humans as absolute truth to be followed, or your eternal soul would forever languish in torment in a giant lake of fire.

What absolute hogwash!

Anyway, modern science has now thoroughly debunked this primitive and intellectually bankrupt theory of creation, much to the consternation of those who still desire to use superstition to justify personal gain and prejudicial intolerance. I mean, these people's ancestors had coronaries when they discovered they could no longer refute the the Earth was just another rock orbiting around a rather mundane yellow dwarf star in a non-descript galaxy. Just imagine the idea of this entire superstition-based theory going down in flames!

But they still clung to the belief that Earth was the only planet where life could be found, because it was God's determination. Really?

Using scientific methods of data analysis, astronomers have, for the first time, determined that there are 8.8 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting within the sweet spot of stars just like our own sun in our galaxy alone!

That's 8.8 billion other places right here in our own cosmic back yard where the right mix of cosmic, geological , and biological evolution could create another world teeming with life from single-celled organisms to intelligent beings. Now multiply that by the 100 billion galaxies or more that are know to exist in the known universe. That certainly is not "creation" by any sense of the word. This is purely nature at it's finest, the conglomeration of natural forces in the right mix at the right place throughout an expanse so vast it is humanly impossible to imagine the scope. And by comparison, the theory of divine creation cannot stand against the reality of the evidence and data, and is nothing but another debunked and defunct superstitious relic of man's primitive days when he lacked knowledge and understanding.

One source - there are many!

How do you know that God didn't create that right mix of aforementioned factors. God is real. God Created the Heavens and the Earth and yes you godless heathen God created you me and every other human being.

space.jpg?fit=300%2C300

The theory of divine creation exists today for one purpose only, and it isn't to advance human understanding and knowledge. The religionist know very well that his theory of theirs is totally lacking in any intellectual, measurable, observable, or recordable evidence. There is none whatsoever to support this superstitious relic of an archaic attempt to define human existence.

But entire religions were built around this theory that some god winked this universe into existence on a whim.

And now that theory has been debunked and discredited because we have observed and measured how natural forces are responsible for our existence instead of some imaginary sky wizard. But as the theory of divine creation crashes down into a pile of rubble, so must follow the rest of the religious ideals that rely on creation to support their own existence, and the religionists will lose any and all claim - misguided and fallacious as they already are - to moral superiority.

The theory of divine creation is yet another manifestation of mans, similar to the old maps with the dire warning of dragons, to be deemed just another fantasy created by the lack of knowledge and understanding of how things really work.

space.jpg?fit=300%2C300

The theory of divine creation exists today for one purpose only, and it isn't to advance human understanding and knowledge. The religionist know very well that his theory of theirs is totally lacking in any intellectual, measurable, observable, or recordable evidence. There is none whatsoever to support this superstitious relic of an archaic attempt to define human existence.

But entire religions were built around this theory that some god winked this universe into existence on a whim.

And now that theory has been debunked and discredited because we have observed and measured how natural forces are responsible for our existence instead of some imaginary sky wizard. But as the theory of divine creation crashes down into a pile of rubble, so must follow the rest of the religious ideals that rely on creation to support their own existence, and the religionists will lose any and all claim - misguided and fallacious as they already are - to moral superiority.

The theory of divine creation is yet another manifestation of mans, similar to the old maps with the dire warning of dragons, to be deemed just another fantasy created by the lack of knowledge and understanding of how things really work.

You still haven't shown evidence to support your claim.

Your assertion that humans are "central to the universe" is the first time I've ever heard that claim made, and appears to be strawman fabricated out of whole cloth, that you can then argue against.

If you think that rocks spinning in space are proof debunking creationism, I won't bother arguing with you.

There is nothing as ignorant as a willfully closed mind.

All religions believe humans are the center of the universe , Christians say we are made in god's likeness .

They're wrong of course .

But for a long time everything was believed to orbit the earth .

Genetics proves humans came from central Africa and left during climate changed that cauesd food shortages , but Australian aborigines still deny this as they were created from Australian dirt .

Rocks are not the point , the point is there are billions of stars with earth like qualities in the milky way alone and most of this can support human life . So some must have evolved life . That debunks common religious beliefs.

The earth is not flat

How do you know God exists

All religions believe humans are the center of the universe , Christians say we are made in god's likeness .

They're wrong of course .

But for a long time everything was believed to orbit the earth .

Genetics proves humans came from central Africa and left during climate changed that cauesd food shortages , but Australian aborigines still deny this as they were created from Australian dirt .

Rocks are not the point , the point is there are billions of stars with earth like qualities in the milky way alone and most of this can support human life . So some must have evolved life . That debunks common religious beliefs.

The earth is not flat

Please show me a tenet of any Christian religion that says Christians are the center of the Universe, as you've claimed here.

Now is the time you'll run away, or start ridiculing, because you can't prove your claim.

How do you know that God didn't create that right mix of aforementioned factors. God is real. God Created the Heavens and the Earth and yes you godless heathen God created you me and every other human being.

God exists only within the delusional imaginations of low-information, weak-minded fools who've allowed others to establish their belief system via indoctrination. There is no god, and you cannot prove otherwise.

Someone who insists there is a God, without a doubt and without proof, has no leg to stand on against someone who insists no God exists or existing. (I use the term "God" loosely. Even if an intelligent creator exists or once existed, imagining one knows what the entity would consist of or behave like or even whether it possesses any traits the religious attribute to it, is entirely out of the realm of possibility)