Kaiser Poll: Non Republicans Not Obsessed With Affordable Care Act

RTR3FHI4.jpg?1382628213

The gold standard of health care polling, the Kaiser Health Tracking Poll, is out for October and shows once again that the public is basically behind Obamacare, with significantly more wanting to keep it or expand it than to repeal it.

Despite all of the Republicans' efforts to sabotage it, public opinion about Obamacare has held steady, 44 percent unfavorable versus 38 percent favorable, but large majorities are still opposed to Republican sabotage.

A solid majority of the public (60 percent) say they oppose the idea of cutting off funding as a way to stop the law from being implemented, and
a higher share would like to see Congress expand the law or keep it as is (47 percent) rather than repeal it (37 percent).
Partisan divisions are as deep as ever, with four in ten Democrats saying the want Congress to expand the law, and a similar share of Republicans (42 percent) wanting to see the law repealed and not replaced.

In really bad news for Republicans, the public does not share their obsession with Obamacare. At all.

shutdown-debt-ceiling-fight-gets-more-pu

In October, 75 percent of people reported following the government shutdown closely, 71 percent were paying attention to the economy, and 60 percent developments in Syria. In comparison, 53 percent were closely following the problems with the HealthCare.gov site.

For more than a year the Kaiser poll has consistently shown that the public is fed up with Republican efforts to kill the law. Probably not coincidentally all polls have been showing shrinking approval ratings for Republicans for more than a year.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In October, 75 percent of people reported following the government shutdown closely, 71 percent were paying attention to the economy, and 60 percent developments in Syria. In comparison, 53 percent were closely following the problems with the HealthCare.gov site.

For more than a year the Kaiser poll has consistently shown that the public is fed up with Republican efforts to kill the law. Probably not coincidentally all polls have been showing shrinking approval ratings for Republicans for more than a year.

You stupid fucking faggot, you STILL think the problem is just a website? I guarantee the people losing their health insurance are paying attention, and they ain't all republicans.

You stupid fucking faggot, you STILL think the problem is just a website? I guarantee the people losing their health insurance are paying attention, and they ain't all republicans.

No I think the problem is brain dead righties such as yourself. Unfortunately for you so do a majority of Americans.

People aren't losing health insurance, you shamelessly lying con stooge.

Those with inadequate coverage are being required to switch to BETTER PLANS.

Yea because 52 year old women and 25 year old single men need maternity insurance, Stupid fucking progtard.

Yeah...you should explain that to everyone who is losing their health insurance. Demand they see it your way

Yes...the benevolant obama knows what we all want and need ...like prenatal care for men.

Thank you obama.

You mean like the difference between a chevy and a BMW better? Maybe they should legislate everyone needs a better car regardless if it is affordable or not.

I can afford the Chevy and it serves it's purpose of transportation, I can't afford the BMW....guess you'll have to fine me and I'll have to walk.

I can afford the Chevy and it serves it's purpose of transportation, I can't afford the BMW....guess you'll have to fine me and I'll have to walk.

The benevolent obama will tell you what you need. Should you ever approach his intellect, then you can make your own decisions.

I smell desperation

I was thinking the samething and it's tea bag republicans that are the desperate ones. You should be. You got your asses handed to you on every issue this year, not to mention the elections last year, and that trend is going to continue in a very large way in the future. Wait until Harry Reid decides to use the nuclear option to stop Senate tea bags from blocking Obamas nominees. In case you haven't been paying attention, that's a very real possibility in the next two weeks, and there isn't anything the tea bags can do to stop it.

I was thinking the samething and it's tea bag republicans that are the desperate ones. You should be. You got your asses handed to you on every issue this year, not to mention the elections last year, and that trend is going to continue in a very large way in the future. Wait until Harry Reid decides to use the nuclear option to stop Senate tea bags from blocking Obamas nominees. In case you haven't been paying attention, that's a very real possibility in the next two weeks, and there isn't anything the tea bags can do to stop it.

While the world laughs at obama, we'll contemplate Harry and his nuclear option

Another bad week for Carney and Barry.

I'm sorry for stepping out of line sir. :blush:

Lol!!

That's been the big Fox News lie lately. In reality, people are switching from their junk insurance plans to the better ones. (Obamacare)

The stuff the wingnutz fall for...geez..!

That's been the big Fox News lie lately. In reality, people are switching from their junk insurance plans to the better ones. (Obamacare)

You've clearly not gotten the talking points fax. Insurance is canceling people so they can get on the wonderful, benevolent O'Barry care.

No offense, but you're not too smart, are you?...like, we shouldn't be holding out collective breath waiting for a cure for cancer from you???

80%+ of the sign up is Medicaid and most of the rest are high risk preX customers. Spin that turd

Yeah...you should explain that to everyone who is losing their health insurance. Demand they see it your way

Name one, you pathetic, talking-point bleating ass.

But they're getting "BETTER PLANS"....IE more expensive. :lol:

Nope. Everyone is going to have adequate insurance. Then subsidies apply according to your income level - just as they do now to the uninsured. People making plenty of money, who have only catastrophic insurance, will be required to have comprehensive insurance to insure that we don't end up footing their bills when they DO break a leg or something.

Not that actual facts mean anything to you,.

Continue your mindless bleating. You must please your masters.

Yes...the benevolant obama knows what we all want and need ...like prenatal care for men.

Thank you obama.

Funny - because when I went on my husband's insurance, I wasn't given a different plan that did not include prostate surgery.

Oh, I see the trouble. You're a complete idiot who doesn't understand what he's talking about.

Carry on.

You mean like the difference between a chevy and a BMW better? Maybe they should legislate everyone needs a better car regardless if it is affordable or not.

If you were offered a better car and told you would get a subsidy to make it affordable, you'd grab it with both hands, you pathetic little stooge.

So when you have some medical crisis, your insurance won't cover it, and you can't pay outright, you'll just sit home and die.

Or will you go to the ER and expect OTHER PEOPLE to pay for your care, you outrageous hypocrite?

And the public will be completely behind it.