Why is the GOP moving to the right as fast as they can?

My theory is that goopers never listen to anyone not already infested with crazy. If everything you hear reinforces irrationality and fear, then that's what you will internalize.

It's good for the Dems, but bad for the country.

cc

If moving to the right means returning to the government that is outlined in the constitution than it is not bad for the country. I understand from what you support and how you vote that you are not big on the constitution but that is what many of us want. Get over it.

My theory is that goopers never listen to anyone not already infested with crazy. If everything you hear reinforces irrationality and fear, then that's what you will internalize.

cc

They want nothing less than the destruction of this country since it's overpopulated with non-white folks.

They want nothing less than the destruction of this country since it's overpopulated with non-white folks.

Do you guys have any other than the race card? Is this because you know that what you support is not the vision of the founders? Or do you undertand the policies of the last two administrations, at the very least, are not up to constitutional muster? Just come out and say you don't like the consitution.

If moving to the right means returning to the government that is outlined in the constitution than it is not bad for the country. I understand from what you support and how you vote that you are not big on the constitution but that is what many of us want. Get over it.

But they want to go back to 1776 in one year, I think, is the point. why has the Republican party been struck with amnesia regarding how government works? It doesn't respond well to harsh or fast changes. It requires small changes to move into one direction. Just shutting it all down, or threatening our economy is simply, irresponsible.

Do you guys have any other than the race card? Is this because you know that what you support is not the vision of the founders? Or do you undertand the policies of the last two administrations, at the very least, are not up to constitutional muster? Just come out and say you don't like the consitution.

All we hear from the right is takers vs givers, moochers vs makers, 47%ers, etc etc etc.

We all know what this is code for.

We have much more than the race card, but it's ironic that you mention "the founders" when you try to counter that argument. That's really kinda funny. Should we call you "Michelle"? "The founders worked tirelessly until slavery was no more...."

After listening to all of the right's bleating about the Constitution, I've come to the conclusion that they care less about the Constitution than they do about the possibility that more revenue will be required of them to operate the government.

IOW, it's not a "political" question for them.

cc

cc

Certainly something to talk about and a way of getting our minds off the HOPE and CHANGE that has resulted from the record-breaking Obama Administration. Record-breaking food stamp usage, record-breaking deficits, record-breaking SS disability claims, a federal insurance scheme rollout that rivals the introduction of the Edsel....Who knew in 2008 that this was the HOPE and CHANGE Barack was talking about!

But anyway...back to those Republicans!....

After listening to all of the right's bleating about the Constitution, I've come to the conclusion that they care less about the Constitution than they do about the possibility that more revenue will be required of them to operate the government.

IOW, it's not a "political" question for them.

cc

Of course we need more revenue to run this government, when the government is doing all this extra-constitutional crap.

The problem for liberals is that they think the only way to increase revenue is to increase taxes, even though that has been disproved repeatedly.

Liberals aren't interested in growing revenue, they are ONLY interested in using the tax code to punish those who succeed, and to make the country conform to their agenda.

Of course we need more revenue to run this government, when the government is doing all this extra-constitutional crap.

The problem for liberals is that they think the only way to increase revenue is to increase taxes, even though that has been disproved repeatedly.

Liberals aren't interested in growing revenue, they are ONLY interested in using the tax code to punish those who succeed, and to make the country conform to their agenda.

Wanting people to contribute their fair share and 'punishing' them are not the same.

But they want to go back to 1776 in one year, I think, is the point. why has the Republican party been struck with amnesia regarding how government works? It doesn't respond well to harsh or fast changes. It requires small changes to move into one direction. Just shutting it all down, or threatening our economy is simply, irresponsible.

My comments include both parties. Find a republican to endure your interrogation.

There is no mystery to how government works. The framers left us with a rulebook. Which was not written in 1776. Came years after that.

Remember, it takes two to negotiate. Remember that. Open your eyes.

Wanting people to contribute their fair share and 'punishing' them are not the same.

That's right. Every single american should have some type of straight income tax. Not talking about state issues, not talking about payroll taxes. Everyone american should have a tax bill due each year whether it is as low as 10 dollars or has high as tens of millions.

When you agree with ALL AMERICANS PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE let me know.

Never heard of the Laffer curve??? Two liberal economic professors at University of California Berkley. David and Christina Romer. Christina Romer was the first chairman of the Financial Advisers to Obama. They studied the tax rates, tax revenue, GDP and several other factors from 1947 to 2006. What they found is that the Laffer curve peaks at 33%. Therefore raising the rate above that will cause a reduction in the Revenue. It will also have the effect of lowering the GDP by 3% for every 1% increase in the tax rate to the rich. In an interview in 2008 Obama said he understood this fact. He just wanted to raise the tax anyway just to be fair. Explain to me how lowering the revenue from the rich and hurting the GDP is fair to the rest of us. That means that the middle class will have to make up for that drop in revenue and lose jobs. The tax rate should be set to 33% to get the most money out of the rich. You are an idiot. I have posted about this several times but people like you just ignore facts.

Agree 100%. Returning to sanity probably seems radical to our liberal friends.

Yeah, it is odd that those of use who want a government that follows the constitution are lables radicals and extremists by BOTH parties. It is very sad and discouraging.