NSA: Obama Didn't Know about Foreign Leader Tapping

I wonder if he's asked if they are tapping HIS calls?

This guy reminds me more and more of President Chauncey Gardner.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/politics/white-house-stopped-wiretaps/index.html

The White House learned this summer that the National Security Agency had tapped the phones of world leaders and ordered a halt to some of the eavesdropping, The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday.

Quoting unidentified U.S. officials, the newspaper's website said the wiretapping of about 35 foreign leaders was disclosed to the White House as part of a review of surveillance programs ordered by President Barack Obama after NSA contractor Edward Snowden leaked classified details of the NSA's phone monitoring systems.

The White House ordered a halt to the monitoring of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and unspecified other leaders, the newspaper reported. The Journal report did not specify who gave the shutdown order or the date it was issued.

So, are we to believe that in 5 years of intelligence briefings, Obama was NEVER once given intel data that came from one of these world leaders? Or perhaps he was just too incurious to ask HOW they got the intel?

Oh, the poor man doesn't know much about anything going on in his administration. Nothing about fast and furious, benghazi, the IRS scandal, whether or not americans can keep their health insurance, etc, etc, etc. I guess the rules of leadership that apply to the military and the corporate world don't apply to government.

Sure he hasn't blamed bush for this one yet?

Oh, the poor man doesn't know much about anything going on in his administration. Nothing about fast and furious, benghazi, the IRS scandal, whether or not americans can keep their health insurance, etc, etc, etc. I guess the rules of leadership that apply to the military and the corporate world don't apply to government.

Sure he hasn't blamed bush for this one yet?

When are you going to figure out that the Executive doesn't run the federal government?

Barak oBOGUS doesn't know much about anything..just ask him. It's his standard answer for everything

Worked for Reagan.

The White House learned this summer that the National Security Agency had tapped the phones of world leaders

Interesting claim. They learned that this summer? Has anyone been fire yet? Why not? Or were those leaders terrorist threats?

Your boy barak oBOGUS is the most uniformed President in US history...

Yeah, we're going to have to nickname him, LAST TO KNOW.

Worked for Reagan.

Unlike Obama, Reagan took responsibility even though there was no evidence found that he knew what was being done.

Unlike Obama, Reagan understood the saying The Buck Stops Here.

Obama?

Here's his approach to taking responsibility ...

obama-blame-bush.jpg

or

090911_obama_points_ap_624-550x308.jpg

Obama seriously needs to reel those guys in.

LOL! You are seriously clueless, TR. But then that's par for the course when it comes to Truthers.

Just to point out the obvious, wouldn't it be a diplomatic disaster for Obama to admit to knowing about it. Surely for that reason, if Obama knew about it or not he cannot admit to knowing about it without harming US national interest, the EU is already looking at making it harder for US security to get European data, and to make extradition harder (e.g. requiring the crime to be committed either in the US or by a US national). It would be very difficult to do anything about this, if Obama admits to knowing about the wire-tapping of German political figures.

I voted for Obama, Now I want Obama to send the NSA an order to stop it.

You just don't get it. Obama knew about this and condoned it. Just like everything else he'd denied knowing about.

For example ...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/27/obama-knew-nsa-spying-on-merkel-and-approved-it-report-says-944692234/

President Barack Obama knew of the organization’s spying on German Chancellor Angela Merkel – and approved of the efforts, a National Security Agency official has reportedly told a German newspaper.

The Economic Times writes the “high-ranking” NSA official spoke to Bild am Sonntag on the condition of anonymity, saying the president, “not only did not stop the operation, but he also ordered it to continue.”

And look who stepped in to claim Obama knew nothing ...

According to The New York Times, Susan E. Rice, the president’s national security adviser, insisted that Obama did not know about the monitoring of Merkel’s phone, during a call last week with Christoph Heusgen, Rice’s German counterpart.

That clueless patsy Susan Rice.

Get a clue, TR.

Just to point out the obvious, wouldn't it be a diplomatic disaster for Obama to admit to knowing about it. Surely for that reason, if Obama knew about it or not he cannot admit to knowing about it without harming US national interest, the EU is already looking at making it harder for US security to get European data, and to make extradition harder (e.g. requiring the crime to be committed either in the US or by a US national). It would be very difficult to do anything about this, if Obama admits to knowing about the wire-tapping of German political figures.

You're exactly right, but how pathetic is it, that you have to claim incompetence to cover for ineptitude?

LOL! You are seriously clueless, TR. But then that's par for the course when it comes to Truthers.

At least I know what the 4th Amendment is about. Obama does need to take them down a notch or 5.

So when are you going to contact him and let him know?

You voted for this asshole, so what are you waiting on?

I've expressed my views publically. If I could meet with him, I'd definitely tell him.

LOL! The 4th has NOTHING to do with wiretapping citizens of OTHER COUNTRIES.

This is a dangerous path to go down, the US does not claim the right to arrest foreign nationals abroad without due process. It certainly doesn't claim the right to be able to carry out a search of foreign political figures.

Also does this mean that I, as a non US citizen, visiting (legally) the US could at any moment be arrested and held without charge, and that I would have no legal grounds for complaint, if true that is a crazy situation the reverse certainly isn't true?

Also why did Boumediene v. Bush (2008?) say that Guantanamo detainees could not be denied habeas corpus rights, if they were in the US relying entirely on it being outside the USA?

In fact the entire point of Guantanamo was that it was an effectively legal dead zone in which neither national laws, nor international ones would apply.

It is the spirit of the law. It's about respecting others right to privacy.

Tthen you're saying we shouldn't even spy on our enemies because of the *spirit* of the 4th Amendment.

Talk about someone without a clue.

But you keep backing yourself into this new corner, TR. :D