Do You Want Your Driving Monitored?

Rayj

A black box in your car? Some see a source of tax revenue

The devices would track every mile you drive —possibly including your location — and the government would use the data to draw up a tax bill.

By Evan Halper

October 26, 2013, 7:11 p.m.

WASHINGTON — As America's road planners struggle to find the cash to mend a crumbling highway system, many are beginning to see a solution in a little black box that fits neatly by the dashboard of your car.

The devices, which track every mile a motorist drives and transmit that information to bureaucrats, are at the center of a controversial attempt in Washington and state planning offices to overhaul the outdated system for funding America's major roads.

Read the rest of the story here: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-roads-black-boxes-20131027,0,6090226.story#axzz2iwmKAOS6

Is this the new wave of taxing the folks, monitoring your every move? What's next, an implant to count your calorie intake? Sheesh....

The devices would track every mile you drive —possibly including your location — and the government would use the data to draw up a tax bill.

By Evan Halper

WASHINGTON — As America's road planners struggle to find the cash to mend a crumbling highway system, many are beginning to see a solution in a little black box that fits neatly by the dashboard of your car.

The devices, which track every mile a motorist drives and transmit that information to bureaucrats, are at the center of a controversial attempt in Washington and state planning offices to overhaul the outdated system for funding America's major roads.

Read the rest of the story here: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-roads-black-boxes-20131027,0,6090226.story#axzz2iwmKAOS6

Is this the new wave of taxing the folks, monitoring your every move? What's next, an implant to count your calorie intake? Sheesh....

Why not? If you carry a smart phone, they know where you are anyway.

(Facetious, I am not advocating the tax.)

Why not? If you carry a smart phone, they know where you are anyway.

(Facetious, I am not advocating the tax.)

No they don't. I keep GPS off unless I need it...

And triangulating my cell signal only gives them an approximate...

When the government shows a good effort of cutting spending, then I would agree with a couple cent raise in the federal gas tax.

But monitor me? Hell no!!

And you know this is a liberal idea how? I find conservative legislators always on the lookout for new revenue sources.

ummm, Washington State, need I say more??

Ok, I will say more.

Washington is just like Oregon, the progs huddled together in Seattle and Portland (the "keep it weird" crowd) dictate for the central and eastern portions of both states which are generally conservative.

And you know this is a liberal idea how? I find conservative legislators always on the lookout for new revenue sources.

When the ACLU has misgivings about this scheme, you know conservatives are not involved....

The devices would track every mile you drive possibly including your location and the government would use the data to draw up a tax bill.

By Evan Halper

WASHINGTON As America's road planners struggle to find the cash to mend a crumbling highway system, many are beginning to see a solution in a little black box that fits neatly by the dashboard of your car.

Are we getting a refund on all the gasoline taxes the government wasted first? Oh wait..... they simply want MORE revenue to cover their ever increasingly wasteful government bureaucracy..... :lol:

See? They really have your best interests at heart.