This is a guy divorced from reality …

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477245/The-cookies-girls-eat-Air-Force-One-Obama-stops-Brooklyn-cheesecake-shop-pick-dessert-daughters-leaves-7-tip.html

It was a cheesecake date with mayoral front-runner Bill de Blasio to finish the working day in Brooklyn.

So naturally President Barack Obama was looking forward to getting home to the family.

Making a surprise visit to a Junior's Restaurant, where he greeted every person in the place, Obama - who briefly lived in the New York borough in his younger days - left with two cheesecakes - one traditional and the other strawberry.

And he was sure to grab some black-and-white cookies 'for his girls'.

The check came to $73 and he paid with $80 cash, according to owner Alan Rosen.

'He said (his daughter's) were going to eat the cookies on Air Force One on the way back to Washington,' Mr Rosen told Politicker.

And it reminds me of another historical figure …

Marie-Antoinette_par_Elisabeth_Vig%C3%A9

What was that saying attributed to her by some?

Let Them Eat Cake?

And what happened next … to her country and to her?

Hmmmmmmm?

Yea, I don't get it. He buys his kids some cookies and now we have to behead him? I wish someone would weed out all of these useless threads. Feinting lady thread. Dozen Obamacare exchanges suck threads. Now Obama buys cookies so "off with his head!". Geezz

Yea, I don't get it. He buys his kids some cookies and now we have to behead him? I wish someone would weed out all of these useless threads. Feinting lady thread. Dozen Obamacare exchanges suck threads. Now Obama buys cookies so "off with his head!". Geezz

The Obama haters are really grasping for something - anything - to prop up their faltering agenda. It's actually rather amusing.

lol. ok. that was funny.

i like cheesecake and buy my daughter cookies all the time.

But do you spend $80 dollars on 2 cheesecakes and a few cookies?

In an economy like this?

What this shows is that Obama doesn't understand the situation this country is now in?

He doesn't understand the situation of the constituency that he claims to represent?

In an economy like this?

What this shows is that Obama doesn't understand the situation this country is now in?

He doesn't understand the situation of the constituency that he claims to represent?

Yea, we should stop our president from spending his own money in a weak economy. Do you know what the word "economy" means?

We should dig up the old articles of Nancy Reagan refurbishing the white house, buying all new china, and dressing better than Marie Antoinette during the 2nd deepest recession since the Great Depression.

And Oreo cookies is all that you got? :D

In an economy like this?

I think osama obama is too stupid to realize he got ripped off! :lol:

In an economy like this?

the government overpays for everything, dude. i mean everything. that's their scam. they overpay to grease the wheels

for their power. that's not just an obama thing. that has been going on for decades.

We should dig up the old articles of Nancy Reagan refurbishing the white house, buying all new china, and dressing better than Marie Antoinette during the 2nd deepest recession since the Great Depression.

Your charges against Nancy are mostly misplaced ... par for the course with you.

I'll agree that she made a mistake in wearing designer dresses during a recession. Mind you, they were donated dresses. But even Republicans complained back then. And like Michelle, she made an effort to repair her image after that happened. Going so far as to wear very ordinary dresses during a number of subsequent events. And that worked. The press stopped complaining. Or maybe they also stopped complaining because by the end of Reagan's administration, she was considered appropriately dressed given how successful that adminstration was in restoring dignity and prosperity to the US. UNLIKE OBAMA.

Now in the two other cases you mention, the reason for doing those things was to improve the Office of Presidency. So I see no problem.

For instance, Nancy renovated the Whitehouse because it needed it after years of neglect. The second and third floor family residence was described by others as having "cracked plaster walls, chipped paint (and) beaten up floors". Nancy herself said "some of the bedrooms on the third floor hadn't been painted in fifteen or twenty years" and said that "the floors hadn't been touched in ages. There were cracks in the walls. The long, wide Center Hall, which runs the entire length of the second floor, was virtually empty." This was not a structure befitting the highest office of the wealthiest nation on earth. Surely even you can admit that. So Nancy changed that. The renovation included repainting walls, refinishing floors, repairing fireplaces, and replacing antique pipes, windows, and wires. They also added a gym and a dressing room. And how is that any different than Obama's stimulus? Well, it wasn't just mowing lawns for mowing lawns sake ... and repaving streets that didn't need repaving. No, it actually was a renovation that accomplished something. And rather than use government funds to renovate it (as the Obama's would undoubtedly have done), Nancy sought private donors. They ended up paying for most of it. And you complain? You should be thanking those donors and Nancy for arranging it.

Nancy made the decision to replace the White House china because there wasn't enough of the existing china service to accommodate the number of guests at some functions. That seems a good reason. And again, the new china was paid for through private donations, not by taxpayers. So you might view it as a GIFT to the US ... a beautiful one:

Reagan-343.jpg

By the way ... do you know what your hero, FDR, did during the Great Depression? Purchase new china. With US taxpayer dollars.

No, instead of complaining, I think you should thank Nancy. Especially since Reagan correctly handled his recession (which, by the way, was actually the deepest recession since the Depression until Obama decided to make this one worse), unlike Obama. In a year or so the economy of the US was booming again.

Finally, all in all, I dare you to come up with excesses during the Reagan Presidency that were remotely comparible to all these during the Obama Presidency so far (which for all intents and purposes has been one long deep recession):

- Michelle's vacation to Spain in five-star resort where rooms run from $400 to almost $7,000 per night. That vacation cost US taxpayers $250,000 for security of the First Lady ... during *Recovery Summer*.

- Obama and Michelle jetting to New York City for a "date night" - dinner and a show - in 2009 at the height of the recession. Yet just months earlier, Obama and Democrats attacked auto executives for travelling in private jets.

- Private concert after concert and party after party in the Whitehouse. Some of them quite exclusive and pricy.

- FOUR Hawaii vacations during Christmas time. The one in 2010 (unemployment at what?) was 17 days long in a private beachfront home. The vacations have reported cost taxpayers over 20 million so far in terms of aircraft and security. During the one this year, Obama jetted to the island, then returned to Washington for the Fiscal Cliff, then jetted back to Hawaii.

- At least THREE summer vacations in Martha's Vineyard. Barack took one even when he didn't even have a jobs plan and the stock market had just tanked. And the one this year took TWO Air Force Jets because Michelle wanted to arrive FOUR HOURS before Barack for some reason. And several helicopters. Even the DOG needed a separate flight on a MV-22 Osprey to get there. An Osprey costs $11,000 AN HOUR to fly. Even during a deep economic downturn like the one now. Guess there wasn't room in Air Force One.

- Golf, golf, golf. He even went so far as to keep HIS golf course open during the shutdown of military golf courses around the country.

And I could probably come up with a dozen more examples, so if you want to complain about Nancy's china, bingster, you go right ahead. :D

Your charges against Nancy are mostly misplaced ... par for the course with you.

I'll agree that she made a mistake in wearing designer dresses during a recession. Mind you, they were donated dresses. But even Republicans complained back then. And like Michelle, she made an effort to repair her image after that happened. Going so far as to wear very ordinary dresses during a number of subsequent events. And that worked. The press stopped complaining. Or maybe they also stopped complaining because by the end of Reagan's administration, she was considered appropriately dressed given how successful that adminstration was in restoring dignity and prosperity to the US. UNLIKE OBAMA.

Now in the two other cases you mention, the reason for doing those things was to improve the Office of Presidency. So I see no problem.

For instance, Nancy renovated the Whitehouse because it needed it after years of neglect. The second and third floor family residence was described by others as having "cracked plaster walls, chipped paint (and) beaten up floors". Nancy herself said "some of the bedrooms on the third floor hadn't been painted in fifteen or twenty years" and said that "the floors hadn't been touched in ages. There were cracks in the walls. The long, wide Center Hall, which runs the entire length of the second floor, was virtually empty." This was not a structure befitting the highest office of the wealthiest nation on earth. Surely even you can admit that. So Nancy changed that. The renovation included repainting walls, refinishing floors, repairing fireplaces, and replacing antique pipes, windows, and wires. They also added a gym and a dressing room. And how is that any different than Obama's stimulus? Well, it wasn't just mowing lawns for mowing lawns sake ... and repaving streets that didn't need repaving. No, it actually was a renovation that accomplished something. And rather than use government funds to renovate it (as the Obama's would undoubtedly have done), Nancy sought private donors. They ended up paying for most of it. And you complain? You should be thanking those donors and Nancy for arranging it.

Nancy made the decision to replace the White House china because there wasn't enough of the existing china service to accommodate the number of guests at some functions. That seems a good reason. And again, the new china was paid for through private donations, not by taxpayers. So you might view it as a GIFT to the US ... a beautiful one:

Reagan-343.jpg

By the way ... do you know what your hero, FDR, did during the Great Depression? Purchase new china. With US taxpayer dollars.

No, instead of complaining, I think you should thank Nancy. Especially since Reagan correctly handled his recession (which, by the way, was actually the deepest recession since the Depression until Obama decided to make this one worse), unlike Obama. In a year or so the economy of the US was booming again.

Finally, all in all, I dare you to come up with excesses during the Reagan Presidency that were remotely comparible to all these during the Obama Presidency so far (which for all intents and purposes has been one long deep recession):

- Michelle's vacation to Spain in five-star resort where rooms run from $400 to almost $7,000 per night. That vacation cost US taxpayers $250,000 for security of the First Lady ... during *Recovery Summer*.

- Obama and Michelle jetting to New York City for a "date night" - dinner and a show - in 2009 at the height of the recession. Yet just months earlier, Obama and Democrats attacked auto executives for travelling in private jets.

- Private concert after concert and party after party in the Whitehouse. Some of them quite exclusive and pricy.

- FOUR Hawaii vacations during Christmas time. The one in 2010 (unemployment at what?) was 17 days long in a private beachfront home. The vacations have reported cost taxpayers over 20 million so far in terms of aircraft and security. During the one this year, Obama jetted to the island, then returned to Washington for the Fiscal Cliff, then jetted back to Hawaii.

- At least THREE summer vacations in Martha's Vineyard. Barack took one even when he didn't even have a jobs plan and the stock market had just tanked. And the one this year took TWO Air Force Jets because Michelle wanted to arrive FOUR HOURS before Barack for some reason. And several helicopters. Even the DOG needed a separate flight on a MV-22 Osprey to get there. An Osprey costs $11,000 AN HOUR to fly. Even during a deep economic downturn like the one now. Guess there wasn't room in Air Force One.

- Golf, golf, golf. He even went so far as to keep HIS golf course open during the shutdown of military golf courses around the country.

And I could probably come up with a dozen more examples, so if you want to complain about Nancy's china, bingster, you go right ahead. :D

LOL, and Obama bought an Oreo cookie! BWAAAHAHHAHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHA

Yea, all of that other stuff is completely unsubstantiated and I'd like to compare them to Bush or Reagan's vacations. You guys are experts at pointing out business as usual and calling Obama evil. You learned it from Glen Beck and his own private jihad against Obama Czars.

That's all the baggers have, Bing!

They have to invent shiit, and live in a world of fantasy and magical thinking, Fuxsnews, Lush Rimjob, Insannity, and non stop propaganda from the elitist masters who are enslaving them. They thrive from one crises to another and have fallen off the rails long ago!

They are why I fear for my country! Cold, hard FASCISM stares them in the face, and they cannot see it! :glare:

It's really nice of you to introduce yourself to everyone so clearly and succinctly, BeAPoseur.

"This is a guy divorced from reality..."

Which is a very apt title and introduction to pretty much any of your clueless retarded threads.

You've aptly demonstrated you're an idiot too, pg. Again.

No, really, dude....you would save everybody who has to deal with you a lot of time and energy if you would just get "Divorced From Reality" tattooed on your forehead. You should use those letters -DFR - when you write or sign your name, the same way some people, who are on the other end of the intelligence bell curve from you and who have advanced degrees, sometimes use 'PhD' after their name. You could start a whole new fad among all those rightwingnut retards who just know that reality has a liberal bias. Be sure and add 'DFR' to your screen names on forums like this one so people can know right off the bat just what kind of nutjob they're dealing with.

In an economy like this?

Hey, shit is expensive in NYC. He was supporting a local business, and you act like that is a bad thing. Should he have bought corporate cheesecakes instead? Or how about a private jet ?(which the CEOs do and you would never complain about them - and those things cost a shit load more than $80)

Let them eat chitlins!

not even with your mouth!

I think osama obama is too stupid to realize he got ripped off! :lol:

Actually, it sounds like Junior's charged Obama pretty much there usual rates.

http://www.juniorscheesecake.com/catalog/product_cat.php/subid=1/index.html?utm_source=site&utm_medium=home&utm_content=traditional&utm_campaign=home

Must be damned good cheesecake.

But it re-asks the question - what the F is the point of this thread? Obama's not allowed to spend his OWN MONEY as he pleases?

Basically yes most average people wouldn't buy two cheesecakes at that price, which are crazily high. On the other hand he is, in case it escaped BeAChoosers notice he happens to be Head of Government, Head of State and Commander in Chief of the United States of America the worlds only superpower, of course he is able to buy the occasional luxury. I mean seriously, what do you expect him to be going to markets late in the day to see what is being sold off on the cheap?

Not if you live in Bumblefuck, I suppose.

In an economy like this? What this shows is that Obama doesn't understand the situation this country is now in?

What it shows is that A. you have no idea that prices vary depending on what part of the country you live in, and B. you are willing to make a dishonest fuss about anything to criticize the President.

Of course he does. Your lying because you don't like the black guy is irrelevant.

Dude? You still in highschool, pg?

And speaking of being divorced from reality ... you and Obama still pushing that AGW nonsense? :D

YEA, it's terrible that Obama is spending all that money on junk food, when he only makes 400,000 dollars a year, maybe he ought to take an example from you, and spend it on Twinkies, pretzels and cheap beer. Don't stop being an idiot dude, then you would have no outstanding trait's at all.