Jump to content

Copping A Feel


Recommended Posts

Edward Ericson Jr wrote for City Paper 9 October 2013:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 25-year veteran Baltimore City Police officer has been charged with sexually assaulting a fellow officer in front of a supervisor. Derrick Layton, who is currently assigned to the Northwestern District, faces charges of second-degree assault, fourth-degree sexual assault, and “committing a wrongful act in the performance of his duties,” according to court documents. “He supposedly fondled one of his colleagues right in front of his lieutenant in the office."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------




Of course, he could say that he was just showing his Stop'nFrisk techniques...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Journalist Joseph Goldstein wrote for The New York Times 20 May 2013:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After listening to two months of testimony on the New York Police Department’s stop-and-frisk practices, Judge Shira A. Scheindlin left little doubt about her views of their effectiveness in helping detect criminal behavior. “A lot of people are being frisked or searched on suspicion of having a gun and nobody has a gun,” Judge Scheindlin, of Federal District Court in Manhattan, said on Monday during closing arguments in the trial. “So the point is: the suspicion turns out to be wrong in most of the cases.” ...Observing that only about 12 percent of police stops resulted in an arrest or summons, Judge Scheindlin, who is hearing the case without a jury, focused her remarks on Monday on the other 88 percent of stops, in which the police did not find evidence of criminality after a stop. She characterized that as “a high error rate” and remarked to a lawyer representing the city, “You reasonably suspect something and you’re wrong 90 percent of the time.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

article

 

Those who are stopped and frisked should file a sexual assault case against the officers who laid their hands on them, charging them with Copping-A-Feel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...