Park Service Admits Memorial Coordination With White House

Libs around here have been claiming that Obama had nothing to do with putting up the barrycades around the open air monuments in D.C.

Now we have proof otherwise.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/park-service-director-i-discussed-closing-monuments-white-house_763609.html

"Yes, I did," says the director when asked whether he discussed the closures with the secretary of the Interior Department.

"You didn't discuss it with anyone in the White House, did you?" asks a congressman.

"Um, in -- several times, on the phone, with the White House, I presented with the secretary my decission," says the director. "But it was never the reverse--"

"So you discussed with officials in the White House your action?"

"That's right," he says.

• 2 weeks later...

I caught this News on FOX.... Probably the only Network which will carry the story and expose the lying scum bags.... They stuck it to those old Veterans for purely self-serving Political interests. It's beyond shameful.

This should infuriate every American who considers themselves a Patriot----but to no surprise it's a complete non-issue to Obama supporters.

Libs around here have been claiming that Obama had nothing to do with putting up the barrycades around the open air monuments in D.C.

The full exchange:

REP. MICA: I mean, I think nothing has resonated more with the public than to see an open-air monument such as the World War II Memorial and, close by, the Martin Luther King Memorial. It just seems that common sense did not prevail.

Did you now you said you take full responsibility for that action. Is that correct?

DIR. JARVIS: Thats correct.

REP. MICA: And did you discuss this with the secretary of interior, Jewell, at any time?

DIR. JARVIS: Yes, I did.

REP. MICA: And did she did then you didn't discuss it with anyone in the White House, did you?

DIR. JARVIS: In several times on the phone with the White House I presented, with the secretary, my decision, but it was never the reverse, so there was never any (official coming to our ?)

REP. MICA: So you discussed with officials in the White House your action

DIR. JARVIS: Thats correct.

Where does he say that the order came from Obama?

He may have discussed it with the WH but he clearly states several times that it was HIS decision to put up the barricades.

3151tgn.jpg

In this Wednesday, Nov. 15, 1995, file photo,

U.S. Park Service Police Officer P.G. Carroll

stands in front of closed signs at the

Lincoln Memorial in Washington, during

a partial shutdown of the federal government.

I'm sure you can find a way to blame Obama for that retroactively. :P

Where does he say that the order came from Obama?

He may have discussed it with the WH but he clearly states several times that it was HIS decision to put up the barricades.

It was those evil government workers all acting on their own! :D

Just like those nasty Cincinnati IRS workers were to blame for the IRS harassment of Tea Party and other conservative groups, not Wash DC Obama operatives and high IRS officials, which is now proven.

The same troll who lied endlessly on behalf of Clinton despite the mountain of evidence against him will fawn and grovel and lie for Obama, too. :glare:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/park-service-director-i-discussed-closing-monuments-white-house_763609.html

"Yes, I did," says the director when asked whether he discussed the closures with the secretary of the Interior Department.

"You didn't discuss it with anyone in the White House, did you?" asks a congressman.

"Um, in -- several times, on the phone, with the White House, I presented with the secretary my decission," says the director. "But it was never the reverse--"

"So you discussed with officials in the White House your action?"

"That's right," he says.

you're a jackazz. That discussion doesnt mean what you think it means. If you watch it, he made an effort to say that the word did not come from the white house when he said "never the reverse".

Just like those nasty Cincinnati IRS workers were to blame for the IRS harassment of Tea Party and other conservative groups, not Wash DC Obama operatives and high IRS officials, which is now proven.

This is the National Park Service Director Puss, not some low level employee.

He is responsible for overseeing an agency with more than 22,000 employees, a $3 billion budget, and 401 national parks.

...this National Park Service Director is working for who?

He is responsible for overseeing an agency with more than 22,000 employees, a $3 billion budget, and 401 national parks.

...who is this guy working for?

...this National Park Service Director is working for who?

...who is this guy working for?

No one is arguing about who he works for.

Are you saying he doesn't have the authority to shut down the memorials?

HE made the decision to shut down the memorials.

Golfboy's OP even says so.

"I presented with the secretary my decision," says the director. "But it was never the reverse--"

No one is arguing about who he works for.

Are you saying he doesn't have the authority to shut down the memorials?

HE made the decision to shut down the memorials.

Golfboy's OP even says so.

"I presented with the secretary my decision," says the director. "But it was never the reverse--"

Yea, his decision was to shut the sucker down and the WH never attempted to reverse that decision.

Even a 6 year old can figure that out.....

Which agencies will by instinct follow the repeated implicit instructions of a liberal-left president.

So when he vilifies conservative groups and individuals as dangerous or enemies of democracy or any of the other ugly attacks he made, of course the IRS will attack and abuse them.

As he intended.

Not to mention, Obama officials did dictate what Park officials should do. "Cause as much pain as possible."

You're a troll, so jump to his defense, no matter what the facts are. :glare:

Yea, his decision was to shut the sucker down and the WH never attempted to reverse that decision.

Tell that to Golfboy.

He thinks Obama put up the barricades himself.

Obama officials did dictate what Park officials should do.

Proof?

Let me guess, you've posted the proof 1,000 times, but I'm too blind to see it, right?

0004.gif

Just like those nasty Cincinnati IRS workers were to blame for the IRS harassment of Tea Party and other conservative groups, not Wash DC Obama operatives and high IRS officials,

Yea, you're right. Damn, sometimes you're right by accident. Must be like that broken clock analogy.

Tell that to Golfboy.

He thinks Obama put up the barricades himself.

Obama's refusal to reverse the decision is just the same as him putting up the barricades.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Obama's refusal to reverse the decision is just the same as him putting up the barricades.

What's so hard to understand about that?

I'm amazed that all you right wingers care about are the f--king memorials.

What about kids who didn't get formula or cancer treatments?

Next time maybe Republicans should think twice about shutting down the government.

I'm glad Obama didn't cave.

Next time maybe Republicans should think twice about shutting down the government.

Can you quote reliable references to your claim above?

It didn't cost much money to keep the memorials open. It cost more money to shut them down.

But yes, I have a lot of sympathy for an old vet who might lose his only chance to visit the memorial before he dies.

The House funded that. Reid and Obama killed that funding.

Why? So the Individual Mandate wouldn't be delayed for a year, which only weeks later likely will anyway.

He and Dems shut down the government and likely for nothing.

10 Dems are going to demand the Mandate be delayed just like Repubs asked.

Now, you're arguing that the white house should have opened them back up? You're slipping.

Stupid subject. Rep's shut down the government and then attempt to score points standing in front of the "closed" signs. Blatant hypocrisy and nobody was fooled.

Republicans should try Meetups.com and make some friends because they just lost most of them.

Stupid subject. Rep's shut down the government and then attempt to score points standing in front of the "closed" signs. Blatant hypocrisy and nobody was fooled.

Binkie remains reality-free as usual.

Obama and Dems shut down the government rather than accept a one-year delay of the Individual Mandate.

Now 10 Democrats are going to demand exactly that.

Republicans should try Meetups.com and make some friends because they just lost most of them.

Dems up for re-election are running in terror from Obama-care in fear of the angry mob of citizens carrying pitchforks and hot tar. :D

You think a short shutdown that's vindicated by the utter failure of Obamacare will be more important than the biggest IT failure in history that's threatening the entire US health care sector?

Imbecile.

Now, you're arguing that the white house should have opened them back up? You're slipping.

Why didn't it?

You tell ME why it was closed when there was no logical reason to close it among so many other places. Show me reasoning other than pure spite and vindictiveness. You and I can argue tooth and nail about who caused the shut-down, but that doesn't change who closed that which is near and dear to vets when there was no logical reason to do so. Why would you defend that kind of action?

It's not all we care about, so quit lying. The question is still relevant. Why did the dems shut down a memorial as important as that to our old vets when it wasn't necessary? You're telling me how much YOU don't care about those guys.

Yeah, what about them? Obviously, the dems didn't think about them, but opted for a power play that wouldn't accept a delay so those kids could get what they needed.

Keeping an important monument open for our vets is not caving. Actually he would have been seen in a very good light had he kept it open, but he didn't, did he? All he did was give the finger to the vets, something we pretty much know he does on a daily basis.

RichClem, on 25 Oct 2013 - 19:49, said:snapback.png

Obama officials did dictate what Park officials should do.

Proof?

Let me guess, you've posted the proof 1,000 times, but I'm too blind to see it, right?

I have likely 100 times posted proof of Obama's 12% real unemployment rate.

Yet somehow your eyes fail you every time.

Lying troll. :glare: