Sex?

Work ethic?

Justice?

Peace?

Drugs and Alcohol?

Political Parties?

Government?

Add your own.

I'll give you an example of where I'm going with this. When I was in Jr. high or so, my father instilled in me the value of education. I understood HIS value for education. Since I blamed him for all my problems as any drug addict will do, I intentionally failed out of high school to get him back for all the pain and suffering he caused me *chuckle*. I finished with 11.5 credits, 1.6 GPA and was asked to leave after failing to show up for a class for over 2 years.

Fast forward 20ish years later. Now I've made a decision to forgo looking for employment and go back to college and get a degree. As a result, I finished with a 3.94 GPA with my lowest grade being 91.8%(had to throw in an obligatory brag). Not because I was the smartest person in my class but because I VALUED my education more than anyone else in my class. I was also the only one paying cash for it too......

Values DRIVE and GUIDE our society(every society), just like they do in our personal lives.

This country was founded on a set of common values. I'll let you decide what they are....

The political discourse in this country currently can be summed up by roughly half the population sharing one set of values while the other shares a completely different set.

With the advent of the internet(remember when it was impolite to discuss politics in public?), those conflicting values have been highlighted like never before and as a result, we're in a serious state of conflict.

Think about it this way. You have a split personality and you're driving a car. You come to a fork in the road and while one side of you tells you to go left, the other side tells you to go right. You frantically jerk the wheel back and forth before decapitating yourself after striking the tree in the middle of the fork.

This is where we're at as a country. We no longer have a common set of values we share. Political differences are no longer how best to serve the public good but an ideological clash of vastly differing values.

So, where did we go wrong? In order to answer that, we have to be honest and willing to take a look at what we value as a society(and personally). Some will find we share the same values but differ in approach on how to reinforce said value. That's where our founding fathers were. They had a common set of values but differed in the best approach to reinforce those values. We call that..... healthy debate.

Unhealthy debate is when two parties are discussing reinforcing completely different sets of values.

So WHAT, do we as a society value? :huh: Pick your top 3 or 5 etc. values YOU believe society values and lets see how we compare.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: That about sums it up and highlights the current progressive political mantra. "They have more stuff than me!?!?! It's not fair!!!!"

Second post and trolling your own thread.

The more things don't change, the more things don't change.

Your OP pretended to want intelligent dialogue, but your very first rejoinder demonstrated that you very, very don't.

Fuuckin Devry - always the same crap.

From an outsider's perspective, I'd say the US culture values:

Personal property (stuff)

Power

Conformity/uniformity

Self-sufficiency

Certainty

You forgot prostrate, abject, ass-licking, 1030s Germany-style patriotism,

GO USA!

Go army and thank you for your service!!!!

Jesus.... The mere mention of values or morals and progressives scatter like Cheney buckshot.....

No.

It's you.

From an outsider's perspective, I'd say the US culture values:

Personal property (stuff)

Power

Conformity/uniformity

Self-sufficiency

Certainty

Say what? With 49% of Americans receiving some for of government welfare, you'll need to scratch out self-sufficiency.... :lol:

Second post and trolling your own thread.

The more things don't change, the more things don't change.

Your OP pretended to want intelligent dialogue, but your very first rejoinder demonstrated that you very, very don't.

When a progressive speaks or posts I see/hear is nothing but jealousy and envy...... I don't care and have never cared about what other people have or make. That's ALL I hear about with progressives. Anyone who makes more makes TOO MUCH and should be taxed accordingly.

Say what? With 49% of Americans receiving some for of government welfare, you'll need to scratch out self-sufficiency....

That's all we hear from you.

When a progressive speaks or posts I see/hear is nothing but jealousy and envy...... I don't care and have never cared about what other people have or make. That's ALL I hear about with progressives. Anyone who makes more makes TOO MUCH and should be taxed accordingly.

That must be terrible for you, having to deal with a broken record.

Human life?

Education?

Health?

Fine Arts and Humanities?

Guns?

Individual freedom?

Money?

Cars?

Houses?

Sex?

Work ethic?

Justice?

Peace?

Drugs and Alcohol?

Political Parties?

Government?

Add your own.

I'll give you an example of where I'm going with this. When I was in Jr. high or so, my father instilled in me the value of education. I understood HIS value for education. Since I blamed him for all my problems as any drug addict will do, I intentionally failed out of high school to get him back for all the pain and suffering he caused me *chuckle*. I finished with 11.5 credits, 1.6 GPA and was asked to leave after failing to show up for a class for over 2 years.

Fast forward 20ish years later. Now I've made a decision to forgo looking for employment and go back to college and get a degree. As a result, I finished with a 3.94 GPA with my lowest grade being 91.8%(had to throw in an obligatory brag). Not because I was the smartest person in my class but because I VALUED my education more than anyone else in my class. I was also the only one paying cash for it too......

Values DRIVE and GUIDE our society(every society), just like they do in our personal lives.

This country was founded on a set of common values. I'll let you decide what they are....

The political discourse in this country currently can be summed up by roughly half the population sharing one set of values while the other shares a completely different set.

With the advent of the internet(remember when it was impolite to discuss politics in public?), those conflicting values have been highlighted like never before and as a result, we're in a serious state of conflict.

Think about it this way. You have a split personality and you're driving a car. You come to a fork in the road and while one side of you tells you to go left, the other side tells you to go right. You frantically jerk the wheel back and forth before decapitating yourself after striking the tree in the middle of the fork.

This is where we're at as a country. We no longer have a common set of values we share. Political differences are no longer how best to serve the public good but an ideological clash of vastly differing values.

So, where did we go wrong? In order to answer that, we have to be honest and willing to take a look at what we value as a society(and personally). Some will find we share the same values but differ in approach on how to reinforce said value. That's where our founding fathers were. They had a common set of values but differed in the best approach to reinforce those values. We call that..... healthy debate.

Unhealthy debate is when two parties are discussing reinforcing completely different sets of values.

So WHAT, do we as a society value? :huh: Pick your top 3 or 5 etc. values YOU believe society values and lets see how we compare.

I find your story very inspiring, How many people like you can say I was a disgusting piece of S--t, but then I turned myself around and became a mediocre piece of S--t, who is a crappy nurse in a loony bin that does nothing but spend his day on the internet, and ignores his bed pan emptying duties.

:lol: That about sums it up and highlights the current progressive political mantra. "They have more stuff than me!?!?! It's not fair!!!!"

That's bs. Everybody values stuff. Who buys million-dollar homes? Poor people? No, the rich. How about $70,000 diamond-encrusted Rolex watches? Yachts?

On the opposite side, I notice QVC's tv is going gangbusters. I suppose you think it's all liberals buying this stuff while conservatives all live in Shaker-style houses, no ornamentation, no electricity, no running water, and why? Because they are true to the Puritan Ethic that frowned on all pleasure.

Or maybe you've bought into this "Democrats' appeal is for 'free stuff.' What a load of rubbish. I've posted here a dozen times that human beings are wired to achieve, that the huge majority wants only the opportunity to achieve, that they do NOT want to be given things but to earn them. But the right, those liars, are putting across the ridiculous idea that half the country wants everything given to them. I don't think even the Republican rank-and-file voter really believes this, but indulges themselves in enjoying listening to it because it gives them a justification for hating anyone who doesn't look or think like them.

I don't call such people very good Americans. They'd sacrifice the country to indulge their hatred.

That's bs. Everybody values stuff.

Where did he say anything different? Nowhere, but you'll make the attempt to twist what he said.

Who buys million-dollar homes? Poor people? No, the rich. How about $70,000 diamond-encrusted Rolex watches? Yachts?

So what?

On the opposite side, I notice QVC's tv is going gangbusters. I suppose you think it's all liberals buying this stuff while conservatives all live in Shaker-style houses, no ornamentation, no electricity, no running water, and why? Because they are true to the Puritan Ethic that frowned on all pleasure.

You're making no sense.

Or maybe you've bought into this "Democrats' appeal is for 'free stuff.' What a load of rubbish. I've posted here a dozen times that human beings are wired to achieve, that the huge majority wants only the opportunity to achieve, that they do NOT want to be given things but to earn them.

Everyone, with the exception of those who cannot help themselves, is indeed given that opportunity to achieve. It's you leftists who don't care that money is being thrown down the toilet "helping" those who CAN help themselves.

But the right, those liars, are putting across the ridiculous idea that half the country wants everything given to them. I don't think even the Republican rank-and-file voter really believes this, but indulges themselves in enjoying listening to it because it gives them a justification for hating anyone who doesn't look or think like them.

You say, "but the right, those liars...", then proceed to blatantly lie about rightists "hating anyone who doesn't look or think like them." What a load of miserable crap!

I don't call such people very good Americans. They'd sacrifice the country to indulge their hatred.

Of course, YOUR hatred is irrelevant to that, I suppose. YOU are this "good American", so your hate is justified. "Do as I say, not as I do"...

You asked what they valued. Not what they got.

That doesn't make any sense. If an individual places a high value on self sufficiency...... they aren't living off government welfare...... DUH.

The problem is that those who know the least about the poor and poverty are using other people's money to do something about it.

Progressives are ridiculously stupid when it comes to human development in general. The MOST amusing part is when they mock me who WAS homeless and destitute. When I tell them it was as simple to change as taking responsibility for my life instead of blaming others they post that I must have been "special" then continue to attempt to tear me down..... :lol:

1. Human life?

2. Education?

3. Health?

4. Fine Arts and Humanities?

5. Guns?

6. Individual freedom?

7. Money?

8. Cars?

9. Houses?

10. Sex?

11. Work ethic?

12. Justice?

13. Peace?

14. Drugs and Alcohol?

15. Political Parties?

16. Government?

1.What is human life? Societal evolution or genetic continuation one lifetime at a time passing through this moment as conceived part in it. Not to rule everything else, but to be part of natural balancing. Humanity makes an art of orchestrating chaos in an eternity of natural balancing only happening n ow all the time in this atmosphere.

So, what is human life, staging pretend scenarios to make fools of every body living currently?

2. education? what is being educated to ancestors passing through a singular moment? Real or reality? real or truth nobody knows what real is in plain sight? how intellectual is that shinning ideology? Teaching denial of what real remains is never a path to surviving eternity currently here eternally. No body gets out of the moment alive. But a body can reproduce a living ancestor and they can become ancestry also. Those that don't become extinct, even if historical figures in name only. This is why vocabulary means so much to those childless and self loathing. If they cannot find happiness, no body else can be happy either.

Life never asks the ancestoir added if they wanted to be born. So why demand they pay for ancestry making fools of them all lifetime long. I am a prioduct of genetic continuation, not vernacular tribalism denying what being human really is. What has life taught you(anyone reading this)?

3. Health? I didn't find out until I was 35 years old I had a genetic defect in my DNA. Now prior to that knowledge I was instinctively never wanting to become a dad, let alone father children. But I did and do enjoy the art of conception. It is like I never understood why I couldn't commit to societal evolution until December 4, 2007. The first time I saw something Nostradamus wrote that rang through every instinctive reaction my body had. His only two words alledgedly ever written in English. "One Male". A lifetime is male from conception to death and all stages in-between just as a female is as it takes both to add an ancestor to this atmosphere. Physical self containement and self evident functions that never changes regardless the social justification in faith time changes everything. What a dumb belief.

4. What the hell is fine arts and humanities? staged denial in practice of academia, religion, politics using economics to bride ancestors to turn against their own ancestry because they never asked them permission to make the conception that added one's specific lifetime to eternity being now all the time. Just a point to all you character's rights advocates that beleive genders are just sacrificial lambs to shear and pull the wool over their eyes intellectually.

5. Guns equalize physical advantages. Guns were invented by individduals forced to go against public opinion and the mob rule scenario called democracy stolen the individual liberty to think for oneself.

6. Freedom from what? Eternity is now, not beyond the moment of living adapt or become extinct all the time. Self reliance is as free as one can become and remain civil to all life outside its lifetime's own skin. Saving metaphors corrupts knowing what real is in plain sight. Not money.

7&8. Cars? As tools or status symbols? necessity or just rubbing everyone fooled noses in the ground daring them to catch them cheating at making reality real as every citizin of reality lies to themselves first, for character roles to be more significant than genetic continuation.

9. Homes don't have to be houses.

10. What definition of sex are you pointing at here? Gender of the lifetime, preference for partners with no intention of becoming a parent? two lifetimes wishing to add ancestors to the moment so they have DNA moving forward in the process of ancestors becoming their own ancestry or not. back to first and second points.

11. Work at what, making sure nobody l;earns what is honestly real in reality? Saving truth where truth is always incomplete facts compared to incomplete theories and theologies governing thoughts recited throughout history repeating itself every generation of another lifetime added to this atmosphere.

12. There is no justice in social justification denying what real is in plain sight.

13. Peace doesn't and won't happen playing vernacular tribalism to stage reality as the only thing worth knowing about because real is just a nightmare.

14. Means to escape reality because the lifetime doesn't want to face what they really became as society's child. instincts know more than intellect learns to deny.

15. Social identity by any frachise is political even applied to academics, religion, and economics as they all are based upon suggestion real doesn't exist self contained to now all the time.

16. Governments do not exist unless governance needs protected from discovery reality is a fraud.

That doesn't make any sense. If an individual places a high value on self sufficiency...... they aren't living off government welfare...... DUH.

Not making sense to you is not the same as not making sense.

You are simply not as bright as you think you are.

Not making sense to you is not the same as not making sense.

You are simply not as bright as you think you are.

You're a DUMBASS. Values and morals are what people use to guide their lives. You'd KNOW this but you were never formally educated in anything aside from getting drunk and you're like most progressives, adirectional. In other words, you have no morals or values to speak of. :lol: :lol:

You do whatever "feels" good. *chuckle*

You're a DUMBASS. Values and morals are what people use to guide their lives. You'd KNOW this but you were never formally educated in anything aside from getting drunk and you're like most progressives, adirectional. In other words, you have no morals or values to speak of. :lol: :lol:

You do whatever "feels" good. *chuckle*

It is wonderful how you use your own life as a measurement of everyone else's. Spare us the reformed personality crap. You traded drugs and alcohol for politics and faith to feel larger than being just another gender passing through the eternity of now.

Blow your character social status up your own nose. Pride comes before the societal implosion you educated idiots learned to deny what real is in plain sight.

Damn, you believe saving metaphors and metaphysical maybes as honorable, while calling anyone that doesn't agree with your hypothetical diversions stupid. Great set of morals and ethics you got there.

Human life?

Education?

Health?

Fine Arts and Humanities?

Guns?

Individual freedom?

Money?

Cars?

Houses?

Sex?

Work ethic?

Justice?

Peace?

Drugs and Alcohol?

Political Parties?

Government?

Add your own.

Money

Superiority

Status

Religion

Comfort

Not necessarily in that order.

My brother takes me from behind and it "feels" good. *chuckle*

It is wonderful how you use your own life as a measurement of everyone else's. Spare us the reformed personality crap. You traded drugs and alcohol for politics and faith to feel larger than being just another gender passing through the eternity of now.

Blow your character social status up your own nose. Pride comes before the societal implosion you educated idiots learned to deny what real is in plain sight.

Damn, you believe saving metaphors and metaphysical maybes as honorable, while calling anyone that doesn't agree with your hypothetical diversions stupid. Great set of morals and ethics you got there.

Hey RETARD????? Every decision a person makes is weighing out one perceived value against another DUMBASS.

Take a logic and critical thinking course and follow it with an Ethics course so you'll know what the hell you're babbling about for the FIRST TIME. :D :D :D

Oh.... and cut down on the drugs.

Or maybe they're robbing 7-Elevens.

Progressives are ridiculously stupid when it comes to human development in general. The MOST amusing part is when they mock me who WAS homeless and destitute. When I tell them it was as simple as asking Daddy to bail me out because I'm "special" these meanies continue to attempt to tear me down..... :unsure:

Hey RETARD????? Every decision a person makes is weighing out one perceived value against another DUMBASS.

Take a logic and critical thinking course and follow it with an Ethics course so you'll know what the hell you're babbling about for the FIRST TIME. :D :D :D

Oh.... and I took it up the ass again. Yeah me.

What creates a perceived value? What about existence existing in a singular moment universally here now all the time? That not in your eye sight/perception? why not as it is constantly present to be seen by all.

Denial has its hooks in you so deep you don't know where reality ends and real never left this instant the same details twice.

In simple English dipstick, now is the same moment Adam and Eve entered the Garden of Eden, it is the same moment the Dinosaurs roamed this atmosphere. It is the same moment this solar system began 5 billion years ago. Now is forever here jackass.

but wait, hsitory says differently? History is incomplete by design.of those keeping score and score equals 20 year cycles of ancestors added becoming ancestry to the next ancestors added as conceived.

Dare doubt that and please deny it again..

In simple English dipstick, now is the same moment Adam and Eve entered the Garden of Eden, it is the same moment the Dinosaurs romed this atmosphere. It is the same moment this solar system began 5 billion years ago. Now is forever here jackass.

I wish you'd do simple English more often.

I agree with you when you do.

I wish you'd do simple English more often.

I agree with you when you do.

I won't be fair. I must let little things escape so lost soles don't sh!t their pants when their soul collective is shown to be mis-information sold to their ancestry for over 100 generations. Or in humanity's terminology 2,000 years.

I am trying to fix reality using the self evident physical absolutes that have been denied since humanity started ruling lifetimes through vocabulary, metaphors, and metaphysics.

Science fiction and spiritual fantasies starting with witch doctors, priests, and alchemists proping up wannabe rulers of the world. There are straving artists and stars of academia, politics, religion, economics, and entertaining idealists,philanthropists, that lead to what reality becomes next currently as nothing real remains the same details added twice genetically using the same matter present all the time.

I find it ironic and saddening that they mock your education. From what I understand about it, you chose the most efficient way to master a trade. Maybe if more people chose that route education wouldn't be so overpriced and undervalued in the workplace.

It isn't mocking, it is nudging him to look deeper thanthe surface of vocabulary and symbolism. This is not an attack on his physical living, just the ideology that has him going off half cocked.

Half truths are incomplete, not completely wrong. that is how corruption works every time practiced in reality.