The Shutdown: What has it Done to YOU

One small thing, I checked my social security several weeks ago and found out 2 years of income was missing. A lady from the local office called a few days ago and said they could fix it quickly with my W-2's, she said I just had to wait till the government was running again.

Other than that, not one affect on my daily life,,,

Nothing.

Was concerned for a bit about yacht registration for the USCG as they use the NVDC center for this.

The ironic aspect of this.......the NVDC is still open for business for pleasure yachts, but their registration for commericial operators is closed. Anything in their attempt to cause pain. Ahhh yes, Change you can believe in.

I know a lot of people who worked for the government who were effected as well as vets not getting their payments. But most of them are doing fine. They found other ways to provide for themselves. It's actually not a big deal for them.

Nothing.

Was concerned for a bit about yacht registration for the USCG as they use the NVDC center for this.

The ironic aspect of this.......the NVDC is still open for business for pleasure yachts, but their registration for commericial operators is closed. Anything in their attempt to cause pain. Ahhh yes, Change you can believe in.

Take that back. They did say expect the "process" to take about 3 months - not sure if that's shutdown related or typical inefficiency. No matter, she's tucked away for the winter anyway.

Maybe I have been affected. Drats....................

This shut down has been just plain awful. I've tossed and turned for ten seconds every night since it happened.

I mean WTF? My life will never be the same again after what these cretins did in Washington DC. Oh the humanity.

I keep hearing of the calamity on TV and I've had added stomach acid because of it. I eat bowls of baking soda & Prevacid now.

This is no way to live. What to do. What to do.