Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Good for America? Pr

Vegas

I found this website that appears to be mutual and fair. There are more pros/cons on the list, this is just an excerpt. Check out the link, it looks pretty fair. Maybe you guys have seen it, I dont know. But I havent seen this site posted as a source before. Anyway, here is just one pro and con.
PRO
Michael R. McGarvey, MD, Adjunct Professor of Public Administration at the Wagner Graduate School of Public Service at New York University, stated the following in his Sep. 23, 2010 article "Health-Care Reform Is Making a Difference," published in the Philadelphia Inquirer:
"Six months ago today, Congress passed and President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act, the most ambitious and far-reaching reform of the health-care system in 45 years. In the months since that historic accomplishment, the public has been subjected to a relentless barrage of know-nothing, self-interested negativism from politicians and interest groups funded by the insurance industry, and the polls show voters are taking it seriously.

In the run-up to the reform vote, House Minority Leader John Boehner repeatedly crowed that the U.S. health-care system is 'the best in the world.' That is simply false. On every measure used to assess the effectiveness of health-care systems, the United States is outranked by more than 30 other nations. The first step to improvement is to recognize the problems.

I am a physician, and I spent 16 years of my career in and around the health-insurance industry, and I think the health-reform law is a huge step in the right direction...

The current clamor for repeal is a fool's mission. Let's hope such talk dies a natural death as the benefits of the law become more concrete, begining today."

CON

A group of 200 economists, including current and former officials at the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and White House Council of Economic Advisors (CEA), stated the following in a Jan. 18, 2011 letter to House Speaker Boehner, House Minority Leader Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Reid, and Senate Minority Leader McConnell, available at americanactionforum.org:

"To promote job growth and help to restore the federal government to fiscal balance, we, the undersigned, feel that it would be beneficial to repeal and replace the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (P.L. 111-148). Too many Americans remain unemployed and the United States faces a daunting budgetary outlook. We believe the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is a threat to U.S. businesses and will place a crushing debt burden on future generations of Americans...

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act contains expensive mandates and penalties that create major barriers to stronger job growth... The law also levies roughly $500 billion in new taxes that will enter the supply chain for medical services, raising the cost of medical services... these medical costs will translate to higher insurance premiums, further increasing the cost of operating a business in the United States...

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act does not constitute real health care reform... Congress should start with a clean sheet of paper and adopt initiatives that would encourage providers to offer higher-quality care at lower costs; reduce the cost pressures that threaten to bankrupt Medicare and Medicaid; and give every American access to more options for quality insurance."

Big ego's are deaf and blind. Particularly when there is nothing that can be done to hit them in the wallet and make a dent.

That's what I have always said about the ACA. The left tend to praise the ideology of it, but once their pocket books are hit I think they will see how their ideology works in real life.

People have a choice to make now.

A) Scuttle the ACA and force millions into bankruptcy after they go to the ER for treatment, and cannot pay

or:

B) Enforce the ACA and millions will go bankrupt because they cannot afford it, and get their job hours cut

A Faustian Bargain, either way!

The WINNER!!!

Either way, its the Health Care Bandits!

Bye, bye, American Pie!

Why are millions forced into bankruptcy if Obamacare is "scuttled"?

Are people not responsible for purchasing their own healthcare, and the ramifications if you choose not to?

Prior to Obamacare, catastrophic coverage was extremely cheap. No longer. The "affordable" part of the ACA is a joke.

You were lied to, and even though you were warned, you wanted it anyway.