for the thousands of people losing their jobs at the cleveland clinic

I'm confused.

Why would they lose their jobs?

Apparently, people are paying more for their insurance and people are covered for more (so insurance funds shouldn't dry up).

People aren't getting healthier all of a sudden.

There is another year before the employer mandate.

I give up. What's the link?

Is it the debt-chasers? I'm guessing here ...

Medicare? A bit of an over-reaction? Especially as Medicare Advantage is doing as well as it ever was.

Yea, I've been confused on this also. If more people have insurance, why do Hospitals cut back?

Well, unlike Ted Cruz, at least the President is working for a living.

slide_321012_3006514_free.jpg

the changes in medicare , medicaid, and health plans that nancy pelosi told you to read after the bill was passed

Yea, I've been confused on this also. If more people have insurance, why do Hospitals cut back?

Cuz the skilled staff are leaving and some losing money. Ask doctors why they aren't accepting new medicare patients.

Yes, you've been confused. Try economics 101, dipschit.

and medicare defunded to the tune of $700 Billion to give Obamacare to the FSA (theft by our illustrious CIC).

And what surprised me about the way this story was played up is that it's the people who think the government spends too much who are pointing to this as an example of the problem with health care reform.

But in fact, this is one of those examples of the government actually spending less money.

When the government spends less, yeah, jobs get cut.

You kind of have to choose which side of the seesaw you want to be on.

If you hate government spending, you should be happy the government is spending less on Medicaid and Medicare, and that the Cleveland Clinic is making a 5 percent cut in its budget to get ready for that.

Interesting!!!

http://mynorthwest.com/813/2363289/Obamacare-and-why-the-Cleveland-Clinic-is-really-cutting-jobs

Obamacare insurance doesn't even start till January.

More likely propaganda than reality.

lol....

Obamacare insurance doesn't even start till January.

More likely propaganda than reality.

lol....

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2013/09/vandy-puts-number-on-layoffs---1033--.html?page=all

Cuz the skilled staff are leaving and some losing money. Ask doctors why they aren't accepting new medicare patients.

Yes, you've been confused. Try economics 101, dipschit.

and medicare defunded to the tune of $700 Billion to give Obamacare to the FSA (theft by our illustrious CIC).

Read my post, dipshit. They're cutting jobs, because of money SAVED by Obamacare. Cutbacks to Medicare. Which side of the argument are you on? Obamacare too expensive? Or Obamacare too cheap? If you say too expensive, you should be cheering for the cuts to the hospital.

and vandrbilt univ hospital because of obamacare, that voted for obama.....I HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR HOMES AND EVERYTHING YOU WORKED HARD FOR ALL OF YOUR LIVES. YOU DESERVE IT..

Good point. Elections have consequences.

I'm confused.

Why would they lose their jobs?

Apparently, people are paying more for their insurance and people are covered for more (so insurance funds shouldn't dry up).

People aren't getting healthier all of a sudden.

There is another year before the employer mandate.

I give up. What's the link?

Is it the debt-chasers? I'm guessing here ...

Medicare? A bit of an over-reaction? Especially as Medicare Advantage is doing as well as it ever was.

Because Obamacare, in it's infinite wisdom, decided to shaft providers in order to save money...... :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

We only laid off 17 non-essential employees due to Obamacare. Kind of shows how small our hospital is. :ph34r:

How does the ACA shaft providers exactly?

Are you talking Medicare or are you talking about what insurers will pay?

Medicare and Medicaid if I'm not mistaken. Shafting as in paying LESS for the same amount of service.

It would be akin to going to your local grocery store and buying $100 worth of groceries, then telling the cashier you're only paying $90 and leaving.

Hospitals in turn, have to adjust for the loss of revenue and guess WHO loses EVERY TIME you add an expense to a business or decrease revenue!?!?!?!?!?! The employee.

Medicare and Medicaid if I'm not mistaken. Shafting as in paying LESS for the same amount of service.

It would be akin to going to your local grocery store and buying $100 worth of groceries, then telling the cashier you're only paying $90 and leaving.

Hospitals in turn, have to adjust for the loss of revenue and guess WHO loses EVERY TIME you add an expense to a business or decrease revenue!?!?!?!?!?! The employee.

And there goes QoS....right out the window!

It's the easiest way, maybe.

Look at it this way. The USA is paying far too much on healthcare. Costs need to come down. Should the government keep subsidizing it or should the industry start addressing the issues?

17 non-essential employees. In a mental health institution. Do you have numbers that show that number is justified? Or is this about protection of profits in the easiest way possible - or, heaven forbid, management using the ACA as an excuse?

Do you have facts?

The current healthcare industry here is all about protecting its gravy train in any way possible. That includes lies and propaganda.

Cuts are a necessity to lower costs for consumers.

They want MORE, not less.

Of course they're crying and lying.

The current healthcare industry here is all about protecting its gravy train in any way possible. That includes lies and propaganda.

Cuts are a necessity to lower costs for consumers.

They want MORE, not less.

Of course they're crying and lying.

yeah.....yeah...yeah....everyone is out to survive in the long run...people and corps....i see your side quite correctly...i enjoy talking to you....quite stable and refreshing

It's the easiest way, maybe.

Look at it this way. The USA is paying far too much on healthcare. Costs need to come down. Should the government keep subsidizing it or should the industry start addressing the issues?

:wacko:

17 non-essential employees. In a mental health institution. Do you have numbers that show that number is justified? Or is this about protection of profits in the easiest way possible - or, heaven forbid, management using the ACA as an excuse?

No.... I work in a hospital... We have 5 medical floors....We also have a separate building for behavioral health.

Do you have facts?

That they're cutting payments?

http://www.healthleadersmedia.com/content/FIN-296862/Cuts-to-Medicare-Payments-for-Uninsured-Begin##

Cuts to Medicare Payments for Uninsured Begin

Chelsea Rice, for HealthLeaders Media, October 1, 2013
Federally mandated cuts to Medicare and Medicaid hospital payments for uncompensated care go into effect on schedule, but hospital associations and lawmakers are actively proposing their delay.

The federal government may have shut down overnight, but provisions and funding cuts mandated by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to be effective October 1 are rolling out as planned.

Much attention has been directed at the opening of the health insurance marketplaces, but Oct. 1 is also the day that the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services begins cutting Medicaid and Medicare disproportionate share hospital payments.

The loss of these monies, which compensate hospitals for the cost of treating the poor and uninsured, is expected to take a significant financial toll on many hospitals. But a bill introduced September 27 by Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) would delay the PPACA cuts to both the Medicare and Medicaid DSH payments.

Supported by the American Hospital Association, the bill is a companion to the DSH Reduction Relief Act (H.R. 1920) proposed by Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) in May 2013, which suggested DSH payment cuts be delayed for three years.

I was thinking more in terms of what your hospital currently receives in disproportionate share payments. How much they would lose of that in future. How that will be impacted by fewer uninsured after January and thus what the overall loss/gain might be, taking into account the few weeks before the changes go into effect - and how that relates to the employment costs of the people who are being "let go".

You know ... data.

I was thinking more in terms of what your hospital currently receives in disproportionate share payments. How much they would lose of that in future. How that will be impacted by fewer uninsured after January and thus what the overall loss/gain might be, taking into account the few weeks before the changes go into effect - and how that relates to the employment costs of the people who are being "let go".

You know ... data.

Well, we do 46 million annually in "charity" care. :lol: Why don't you do some...... research. Get back to us and let us know what you find.

You know ... data.

The decreased payments started at the beginning of October.....