Should My Wife Sign Up For Medicare?

Rayj

I have a gold health insurance plan. Costs me around $280/month for me and the wife.

Lately the medical world is inquiring if my wife has medicare. She turned 65 a couple months ago.

I find that weird since a lot of the medical world is dropping new medicare patients???

I have a gold health insurance plan. Costs me around $280/month for me and the wife.

Lately the medical world is inquiring if my wife has medicare. She turned 65 a couple months ago.

I find that weird since a lot of the medical world is dropping new medicare patients???

Probably cheaper to trade her in.

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan. The in-laws are on Medicare, they both pay like $106 out of their monthly SS checks and then bout $405/mo to cover them both with supplemental insurance so everything is covered 100%.

Medicare is great if you can afford the supplemental.

Pops just had a pace maker put in a few weeks ago, can't wait to get the bill and see what Medicare actually paid.

Medicare, with all it's faults, would have been easier to iron out than starting a new health care system from scratch. I gotta be honest: My wife has been through some heavy surgeries; and was fortunate enough to find the top surgeons to do the work. They all took Medicare as payment in full. My experience. You must talk to the surgeon.

My cousin and I just finished clearing our aunts estate - included paying all outstanding medical bills ( maybe $2,500 - $3,000 total ). Medicare laid out a lot of money. Then again, it was only the first or second time in 91 years she asked for care. We probably could have gotten away without paying; but it was the honorable thing to do.

Did she earn it? If so, hell yes she should receive her earned benefits!

You must sign up by law at 65. Part A and part B are aprox. $318 per quarter for most people. Carry another Health insurance policy as medicare does not pick up all costs. I have Part A and Part B with BC/BS as a backup. I just had cancer surgery and the BC/BS has sent me the costs so far. $25000 and still going up. I paid NOTHING. Medicare picks up %80 of the costs and the BC/BS picks up the rest. 3 more years.