Proposed Debt Ceiling Deal A Complete Crushing Of The Republican Party

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/14/proposed-senate-debt-ceiling-deal-complete-crushing-republican-party.html

boehner-mcconnell-sad-485x323.jpg

Do you want to know what Republicans get out of the proposed Senate debt ceiling deal? Nothing, but a crushing surrender.

Republicans will get no changes to Obamacare. They will get no further spending cuts. The government will be funded until mid-late December, and here’s the kicker according to Greg Sargent, “According to the Democratic aide, Dems are likely to demand a debt limit extension into early summer — nine months, rather than six – with the idea being that the closer to the 2014 elections we get, the harder it will be for Republicans to stage another debt ceiling hostage crisis.

Democrats don’t want such a crisis. They would prefer that Republicans simply agree to extend the debt limit cleanly. But by pushing this so deep into the 2014 election season, they are giving themselves a kind of insurance policy that guarantees that if Republicans do stage another debt limit crisis, Republicans will pay a serious political price for it.”

If Republicans want the medical device tax repealed Democrats are going to demand that tax loopholes be closed for the wealthy and corporations, and Senate Democrats are even going to finally get the budget conference that they have asked the House Republicans for 18 times.

What do Republicans get out of this? Nothing, but record low poll numbers.

This deal, if it survives the House, would be a major victory for Democrats. It meets every single one of President Obama’s criteria. Obamacare (the ACA) is not changed. No budget negotiations occur before the government is reopened and the debt ceiling is raised, and there will be no short term threat of default by House Republicans on the debt ceiling.

Whether or not this deal, if this does end up being the deal, can pass the House is a whole different story. Boehner and the House Republicans are still harboring delusion that they will be passing a short term six week deal.

The reason why House Republicans want a short term deal is two fold. They view the CR and the debt ceiling as their last chance to kill the ACA before it is implemented fully on January 1, 2014. Secondly, vulnerable House Republicans want to avoid another crisis during the 2014 election.

By placing the expiration of the debt ceiling extension right in the middle of the 2014 election, Democrats are setting up a lose/lose scenario for House Republicans. Boehner and company will have to fight among themselves as the election campaign is going on. Another debt ceiling fiasco could tear open all of the party wounds, or Republicans could to again threaten default and lose the House.

A group of House Republicans and their Senate leader Ted Cruz thought they could ransom their way into killing the ACA. Instead, the Republicans are being offered a series of crushing terms of surrender that will be impossible for conservative activists and the tea party House GOPers to swallow.

It’s clear that by cutting this deal with Majority Leader Reid, Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans are washing their hands of the Cruz/Boehner folly. If the country defaults, it will be because John Boehner refused to stand up to his own House Republicans and do what is right.

Democrats and Senate Republicans are sending the signal that if the country defaults, the blame should go on Boehner and his tea crazed House Republicans. Harry Reid is laying out the terms of surrender. It’s unclear whether House Republicans realize that they’ve lost the war.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good move by the GOP. Then they can sit back and watch HC premiums skyrocket, and the implosion of Obamacare in general. The they can kick on back and say, I told you so. Just in time for the midterms. Works for me. :)

Why hasn't this been the R position from the moment O-care first passed, then? If it's horrible like they say, their smartest move would be to let it take effect, do its awfulness, then the R's could come riding to the rescue.

I've posed this question several times, and somebody finally answered it, saying that the R's don't want bad laws for Americans, at which point I blew my chocolate milk up my nose. Republicans never saw a law that helps people that they didn't want to do away with. The FDA, Workman's Compensation, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Social Security, Medicare, worker safety legislation, shortening the work week from 12 hours a day to 8 -- Republicans fought every one of them tooth and nail. They continue to try to deep six the most successful government program for the elimination of poverty among the elderly ever passed -- Medicare. They want to replace it with "Medical Savings Accounts." Only one problem -- you have to have the money to put into those accounts in the first place

And they have the audacity to say they don't want bad law for the American people? What a laugh.

Why hasn't this been the R position from the moment O-care first passed, then? If it's horrible like they say, their smartest move would be to let it take effect, do its awfulness, then the R's could come riding to the rescue.

I've posed this question several times, and somebody finally answered it, saying that the R's don't want bad laws for Americans, at which point I blew my chocolate milk up my nose. Republicans never saw a law that helps people that they didn't want to do away with. The FDA, Workman's Compensation, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Social Security, Medicare, worker safety legislation, shortening the work week from 12 hours a day to 8 -- Republicans fought every one of them tooth and nail. They continue to try to deep six the most successful government program for the elimination of poverty among the elderly ever passed -- Medicare. They want to replace it with "Medical Savings Accounts." Only one problem -- you have to have the money to put into those accounts in the first place

And they have the audacity to say they don't want bad law for the American people? What a laugh.

Because of the economic turmoil it will cause by just letting Obamacare implode. The GOP was trying to prevent the economic catastrophe that the full implantation of Obamacare will cause. But Dems insist on the destruction of our economy, so now they are throwing up their arms and saying, so be it. Then Dems will own the economic turmoil caused by Obamacare.

I say so be it. Dimocrats will be banished from DC for decades after it fails.

I could really care less what happens with this CR crap....

I hope Reid includes a reduction in the sequester cuts too!

I'll just sit back and watch as Obamacare slowly implodes, leaving the people

really pissed off. And at who? Guess.....

Good move by the GOP. Then they can sit back and watch HC premiums skyrocket, and the implosion of Obamacare in general. The they can kick on back and say, I told you so. Just in time for the midterms. Works for me. :)

Yep, the last straw for you guys for sure. If Obamacare works well, you guys can join the Green Party and Constitution Party as ignored, and redundant.

Sad news for the Republic. Time to replace more RINOs.

Yea, keep running to the right until you completely leave the continent..... stay off of the left coast, though.

The GOP was trying to prevent the economic catastrophe that the full implantation of Obamacare will cause. But Dems insist

Yes, yes, phony libertardian. You repukes just give and give.

Medicare Part D - does that pay for itself, or is it part of the debt you snivel about, you little fraud?

No matter how badly it harms the poor and middle class, right Lisa?

Conservatives are not like liberals, they don't intentionally punish the middle class for political power.

I've been hearing of the demise of the republican party for 35 years....somehow I don't think this will end any differently. I could be wrong.

They'll take the white house in 2016. But don't tell anyone I said so.

The blame - it has to be hot potatoed, or a party would die. And that would mean the AUTOMATIC death of the other. Those who cry for the death of one party on behalf of the other are clueless. They are two legs to the same stool.

Hee hee. "Stool."

Proposed Debt Ceiling Deal A Complete Crushing Of The Republican Party

Gosh, was there an election I missed?

No? Then you're delusional.

Democrats and Senate Republicans are sending the signal that if the country defaults, the blame should go on Boehner and his tea crazed House Republicans. Harry Reid is laying out the terms of surrender. It’s unclear whether House Republicans realize that they’ve lost the war.

Dems' dirty little secret is that there would be no default, unless Obama chooses to illegally.

He is bound by federal law to pay interest on the debt.

What would happen in the event of no agreement would be massive cuts in federal spending, which would devastate mostly the Democrat Base. :)

If Obamacare works well, you guys can join the Green Party and Constitution Party as ignored, and redundant.

If the sun begins to rise in the West. If gravity makes us fall upwards....... :D

Yea, keep running to the right until you completely leave the continent..... stay off of the left coast, though.

Yeah, sure, the Constitution and the Founding Principles are "extreme right." Every moonbat claims that. :glare:

And my condolences about California's coming bankruptcy.

The GOP was trying to prevent the economic catastrophe that the full implantation of Obamacare will cause.

They don't seem to have a problem with the economic catastrophe that shutting down the government and not raising the debt ceiling will cause.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/14/proposed-senate-debt-ceiling-deal-complete-crushing-republican-party.html

boehner-mcconnell-sad-485x323.jpg

Do you want to know what Republicans get out of the proposed Senate debt ceiling deal? Nothing, but a crushing surrender.

Republicans will get no changes to Obamacare. They will get no further spending cuts. The government will be funded until mid-late December, and here’s the kicker according to Greg Sargent, “According to the Democratic aide, Dems are likely to demand a debt limit extension into early summer — nine months, rather than six – with the idea being that the closer to the 2014 elections we get, the harder it will be for Republicans to stage another debt ceiling hostage crisis.

Democrats don’t want such a crisis. They would prefer that Republicans simply agree to extend the debt limit cleanly. But by pushing this so deep into the 2014 election season, they are giving themselves a kind of insurance policy that guarantees that if Republicans do stage another debt limit crisis, Republicans will pay a serious political price for it.”

If Republicans want the medical device tax repealed Democrats are going to demand that tax loopholes be closed for the wealthy and corporations, and Senate Democrats are even going to finally get the budget conference that they have asked the House Republicans for 18 times.

What do Republicans get out of this? Nothing, but record low poll numbers.

This deal, if it survives the House, would be a major victory for Democrats. It meets every single one of President Obama’s criteria. Obamacare (the ACA) is not changed. No budget negotiations occur before the government is reopened and the debt ceiling is raised, and there will be no short term threat of default by House Republicans on the debt ceiling.

Whether or not this deal, if this does end up being the deal, can pass the House is a whole different story. Boehner and the House Republicans are still harboring delusion that they will be passing a short term six week deal.

The reason why House Republicans want a short term deal is two fold. They view the CR and the debt ceiling as their last chance to kill the ACA before it is implemented fully on January 1, 2014. Secondly, vulnerable House Republicans want to avoid another crisis during the 2014 election.

By placing the expiration of the debt ceiling extension right in the middle of the 2014 election, Democrats are setting up a lose/lose scenario for House Republicans. Boehner and company will have to fight among themselves as the election campaign is going on. Another debt ceiling fiasco could tear open all of the party wounds, or Republicans could to again threaten default and lose the House.

A group of House Republicans and their Senate leader Ted Cruz thought they could ransom their way into killing the ACA. Instead, the Republicans are being offered a series of crushing terms of surrender that will be impossible for conservative activists and the tea party House GOPers to swallow.

It’s clear that by cutting this deal with Majority Leader Reid, Mitch McConnell and the Senate Republicans are washing their hands of the Cruz/Boehner folly. If the country defaults, it will be because John Boehner refused to stand up to his own House Republicans and do what is right.

It's become a case where WRONG/EVIL/INSANE......even self destructive and obvious liars...seems to have become OKAY to this Meth Freak version of the GOP.

Dems however...are like having to deal with someone who reminds you of Charlie Manson..but drunk and waving a knife. Well... you can't just whip our a gun and SHOOT the whole GOP...so... with "common sense NOT an option...what do you do?

Who REALLY runs this bizzare GOP? Who is the MONEY and WHY do they see it as an INVESTMENT?

Conservatives are not like liberals, they don't intentionally punish the middle class for political power.

I think all of the middle class furloughed workers going without paychecks right now might disagree that they are not being punished.

They'll take the white house in 2016. But don't tell anyone I said so.

The blame - it has to be hot potatoed, or a party would die. And that would mean the AUTOMATIC death of the other. Those who cry for the death of one party on behalf of the other are clueless. They are two legs to the same stool.

Hee hee. "Stool."

:lol: Alright Bevis.