Sign in to follow this  
Vegas

How U.S. government shutdown ripples across nation

If this is the best they got then it isn't saying much. Iv'e been laid off many times due to budget cuts. Yes, it sucks, especially if you have a family. So, guess what I did? Wait for it...wait for it...I found another job. Duh. It didn't matter to me what kind of job, I just found one that paid the bills.

I will admit, I am disappointed about some of the science sectors being shut down. However, seeing a Dunkin Donuts hurt is even more depressing. Other than that, everyone will survive.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-government-shutdown-ripples-across-nation-225308081--business.html

When I was laid off I rarely even saw it coming. I walked in on Friday, and boom. Not uncommon. Then I immediately got on the phone and started calling different companies to see if they had any positions open. On average, it took me maybe a week to get back to work every time. These guys had a month to prepare, why didn't they make any contingency plans?

"It's not just a job to me," she said. "I believe in the mission of my agency. I am a dedicated government worker."

That is what pisses me off about cons. They ridicule this type of sentiment. Some people actually believe in what they are doing in the government. Paying government workers is not a waste of money. Public Sector jobs are just as important as private sector jobs.

"It's not just a job to me," she said. "I believe in the mission of my agency. I am a dedicated government worker."

That is what pisses me off about cons. They ridicule this type of sentiment. Some people actually believe in what they are doing in the government. Paying government workers is not a waste of money. Public Sector jobs are just as important as private sector jobs.

I never said or even implied their jobs are not important. However, there is no reason or evidence to believe that these workers cannot find another job that they will be dedicated to and love. It's in the attitude. Take a different attitude and perspective.

When I was laid off I rarely even saw it coming. I walked in on Friday, and boom. Not uncommon. Then I immediately got on the phone and started calling different companies to see if they had any positions open. On average, it took me maybe a week to get back to work every time. These guys had a month to prepare, why didn't they make any contingency plans?

Well, you being a hooker in vegas, I am sure it did not take you long to pick up new work.

Not if you listen to macho man, paul ryan, the ayn rand rugged individualist of the private sector,

even though paul ryan has been a pig at the govt trough all his life.

We get paid a decent wage for pimping out here William. Unfortunately, for men my age, my value goes down significantly. Last week I made $1.37...and that was with 13 clients combined.