Sign in to follow this  
Wharf Rat2

Fracking linked to radioactive river water in Pa.

Funny how the same University has found some places where no evidence of damage from fracking was found, and others such as this one, where it was.

I'd have to say that makes them highly credible.

Okay, let's look at what your linked article REALLY said, and not at the hyperbolic bullshit from your liberal website.

Treatment plants can remove much of the radioactivity and chemicals -- but not all, the Duke study says. Between August 2010 and November 2012, researchers sampled sediment from Blacklick Creek, where wastewater was discharged by the Josephine Brine Treatment Facility about an hour east of Pittsburgh and compared it with stream water above and below the disposal site. It found that some of the effluent came from Marcellus Shale fluids, which are naturally high in salinity and radioactivity

So they sampled sentiment above and below a water treatment plant that treats the Shale fluids and other waste. They did not, in any way show that the radioactive findings came from the Shale fluids.

Sounds like they need to do some actual research here to see what's happening, instead of knee jerking as you are doing.

I guess since the GW religion is dead they need a new God.

They're desperate to shut down fracking because of all the oil and natural gas that it is putting out.

Can't have America be energy independent, can we?

Yeah I'm sure Duke U is hell bennt on keeping America down. Good call Golfboy.

Has anyone ever told your theres a dumpster fire going on inside your head?

Radium levels were about 200 times greater in sediment from a creek where wastewater was discharged from a treatment plant than in sediment upstream, according to the peer-reviewed study in the Environmental Science & Technology journal. The amount exceeded thresholds for safe disposal of radioactive waste.

How exactly is hydraulic fracturing responsible for this???

How exactly is hydraulic fracturing responsible for this???

Hydraulic fracking uses high pressure fluid that travels at around 10k nano bytes per second, the contact between this high pressure fluid and organic matter causes a type of combustion equal to and sometimes greater than the actual fahrenheit temperture of the sun. When these varibles are coupled together it creates radioactive waste that can register between 7gpm's-9gpm's per square foot.

Hydraulic fracking uses high pressure fluid that travels at around 10k nano bytes per second, the contact between this high pressure fluid and organic matter causes a type of combustion equal to and sometimes greater than the actual fahrenheit temperture of the sun. When these varibles are coupled together it creates radioactive waste that can register between 7gpm's-9gpm's per square foot.

That's cool. Unfortunately for the anti-frackers, they've shown no connection between fracking and the radioactivity they found in the stream.

I'm sorry that the truth is inconvenient for you. I didn't say that Duke U did anything, I said you and your mindless liberal websites were the idiots claiming that fracking was responsible for this, when the paper cited in your link didn't make that claim.

Reading comprehension is important. You should try it some time.

LOLOL.

Bull Sh*t! Fracking is safe. Any news to the contrary is just the left wing tree huggers who want everyone riding unicycles.

Irrelevant.

Safe, not safe. Fucking irrelevant.

Gas, ladies. It's what's for your car's DINNER.

"some of it from fluids discharged after natural gas extraction, says a Duke University study today that's likely to stir more controversy over the booming business of "fracking."

What a load of CHIT!

Democrat dominated New York study says the opposite.

This thread is for cult members only.

Bull Sh*t! Fracking is safe. Any news to the contrary is just the left wing tree huggers who want everyone riding unicycles.

Your degree in geology came from where, again? Your answer is an entirely emotion-driven political statement.

Your degree in geology came from where, again? Your answer is an entirely emotion-driven political statement.

As though the article in the OP isn't?

Hydraulic fracturing is safe, the EPA has said as much. Contamination comes from improper storage of fracturing fluids or, in this case, improper processing.

Since you seem so intent on calling out someone's credentials, what exactly are yours???

That's cool. Unfortunately for the anti-frackers, they've shown no connection between fracking and the radioactivity they found in the stream.

Which of course means there isn't any. From the beginning of recorded history man has wanted to build a flying machine. That was realized in 1903. So by your "logic," before 1903 heavier-than-air flight was impossible.

Which, disposed of hundreds of feet down in salt beds, is pretty harmless. IMPROPERLY disposed of (it happens), it can be a nuisance. But nowhere NEAR the nuisance of gas lines. People get shot in gas lines. Lines for consumer items sometimes topple governments, my friends.

You wanna talk power? You think that high pressure fluid has power? Y'all have no idea the power of UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES. The real beauty of THAT power is that you almost never see it coming.

Grandma having a heart attack? That's bad, but manageable,

Am-ba-lance is out of gas? Buh bye, Granny. Love ya - but not as much as this tree I'm huggin!

"some of it from fluids discharged after natural gas extraction, says a Duke University study today that's likely to stir more controversy over the booming business of "fracking."

What a load of CHIT!

Democrat dominated New York study says the opposite.

This thread is for cult members only.

Denial. It ain't the answer.

Fracking has issues. It requires SOME oversight (mainly fines for fuckups, which can be used for cleanups).

"Nuh uh!" is a dullard's answer, son. Go sit in a corner and think about how dumb you sound.

Which of course means there isn't any. From the beginning of recorded history man has wanted to build a flying machine. That was realized in 1903. So by your "logic," before 1903 heavier-than-air flight was impossible.

Do you come up with these irrational analogies by yourself? What on earth does flying have to do with fracking?

The article did not make a connection to fracking, it said there was higher radiation below a water treatment plant, which as part of it's job, treats fracking runoff. My reaction was that we should do more studies to see where this radiation is coming from, instead of blaming fracking because the left doesn't like it.

They're desperate to shut down fracking because of all the oil and natural gas that it is putting out.

Can't have America be energy independent, can we?

You're good at projecting, I'll give you that.

Hydraulic fracturing is safe, the EPA has said as much. Contamination comes from improper storage of fracturing fluids or, in this case, improper processing.

Since you seem so intent on calling out someone's credentials, what exactly are yours???

I miss our battles of the past and look forward to our future battles, but you are right on the money. Can fracking cause problems? Yes. So can driving a car. Shut down fracking and you cure both problems. But you invite a host of others. People think cars cause pollution. They have NO IDEA what green house gases a few hundred million horses would cause.

Do you come up with these irrational analogies by yourself? What on earth does flying have to do with fracking?

I have a news letter. I can't be responsible for every subscriber's take away. Sorry.

You're good at projecting, I'll give you that.

Yea, it's my fault you can't debate.

I miss our battles of the past and look forward to our future battles, but you are right on the money. Can fracking cause problems? Yes. So can driving a car. Shut down fracking and you cure both problems. But you invite a host of others. People think cars cause pollution. They have NO IDEA what green house gases a few hundred million horses would cause.

Fracturing fluid has been found to leak during a frack job once. My company has very strict rules regarding casing and cementing. No rig foreman is going to screw around and lose a $200k a year job doing what the anti-fracturing crowd claims happens. You can have accidents when conventional drilling is used. You can have gas naturally seep into reservoirs. Big oil has become the enemy in recent years, and I think fracturing presents the most promising thing to use against the companies.

I'm curious about Lisa's readily calling to question a person's credentials but unwilling to inform us of her own.

Who's arguing to end fracking here?

I think the accusations that always come flying out of golfboys ass are amusing.

They're extremely predictable too.

Mention a fracking + radioactivity issue where science has linked the two, BOOM!

Golfboys head explodes and out fly a laundry list of predictable puffs of smoke from his ass.

DFW Airport sets their daily landing schedule on his reactionary ass outbursts.

Who's arguing to end fracking here?

I think the accusations that always come flying out of golfboys ass are amusing.

They're extremely predictable too.

Mention a fracking + radioactivity issue where science has linked the two, BOOM!

Golfboys head explodes and out fly a laundry list of predictable puffs of smoke from his ass.

DFW Airport sets their daily landing schedule on his reactionary ass outbursts.

Their linkage came through a processing plant that discharged water when it shouldn't have. Why is hydraulic fracturing to blame here???