Sign in to follow this  
TheAmerican

Some very good advice for all the athiests!

222027_526341734046200_83777927_n.jpg

So when are you going to start living like there's a God? You don't live like that now. Not the God of Christianity, certainly. You don't even know what a Christian is, for Pete's sake.

So when are you going to start living like there's a God? You don't live like that now. Not the God of Christianity, certainly. You don't even know what a Christian is, for Pete's sake.

...and you don't know me!

Some very good advice for all the athiests!Some very good advice for all the athiests!

Pray.

And you do?

Who's more the saint?

The saint that does saintly things because god commanded him to do so or the saint that does saintly things because of his own volition?

-NW

I believe in a loving God, a loving universe and I reject certain aspects of the Bible because, for me, they just don't make sense. My beliefs fall more in line with Deism.

But when are you fundamentalists going to get it through your heads that you can't MAKE yourself believe in something which you don't believe in. You either believe or you don't.

Sometimes y'all sound more like you're hedging your bets than actually believing in God.

What if the true god is the one worshiped by some long dead toad licking tribe in the Amazon? How can a European/Western person achieve salvation if they have never licked the toad of salvation??

I believe in a loving God, a loving universe and I reject certain aspects of the Bible because, for me, they just don't make sense. My beliefs fall more in line with Deism.

But when are you fundamentalists going to get it through your heads that you can't MAKE yourself believe in something which you don't believe in. You either believe or you don't.

Sometimes y'all sound more like you're hedging your bets than actually believing in God.

When Emperor Constantine made them an offer and the Christians went corporate, the bishops made a lot of things "disappear" from the Bible. Such as Deism......

Remember the Cathars? They were deists, until the church establishment exterminated them........ lots of rich history there......

And as for atheists, as they have no "god" to boss them around, they are wont to indulge in something called ETHICS. We could use a lot more of that.

What if the true god is the one worshiped by some long dead toad licking tribe in the Amazon? How can a European/Western person achieve salvation if they have never licked the toad of salvation??

The mighty Thor will smite you for that, unbeliever!! ;):P:D

Pray.

And you do?

Have no fear goofyboy, Satan loves you, you follow his commands well, and would be considered saved in the eyes of Satan.

There have been millions of opinions on what is god. Your chances of being right are the same as winning the loto. It's better to just stay neutral.

There have been millions of opinions on what is god. Your chances of being right are the same as winning the loto. It's better to just stay neutral.

...but do you agree with the sign in the OP? You have two choices...

This is called self delusion. The quote is ridiculous anyway because when one dies and there is no god, one will find out nothing.

So you live your life on "what if" and demand others do as well? See this is why no one like Christians . live as you want , leave others live theirs as they want .

Wow, that is one of the strongest arguments I have heard for Thor. I will do a thunderdance right now because I am too afraid of what will happen if I don't worship him.

Wow, that is one of the strongest arguments I have heard for Thor. I will do a thunderdance right now because I am too afraid of what will happen if I don't worship him.

I just got finished thumbing through his book, and I'm not convinced..

Who's more the saint?

The saint that does saintly things because god commanded him to do so or the saint that does saintly things because of his own volition?

-NW

Whose definition of a saint are you using?

Christians do good things in thanks for what God has given them.

Whose definition of a saint are you using?

Christians do good things in thanks for what God has given them.

And Atheists do good things because we're good people. We don't need an excuse.

How does atheism define "good" ?

We rely on cool things called "dictionaries" and "facts" and like another poster mentioned "ethics".

Does the bible tell you the difference between good and bad? Really?

So you live your life on "what if" and demand others do as well? See this is why no one like Christians . live as you want , leave others live theirs as they want .

...good lord, did I tell you how to live? Read the sign and make up your mind, you fool!