Sign in to follow this  
contrecoup

You say we can't prove evolution. Can you prove I.D.?

What evidence will you put forth to prove that intelligent design (or any other faith-based scheme) is a valid alternative to evolution?

cc

I can prove I.D. incomplete making it inaccurate as any other fact based ideology built upon what if, does that count?

Oh, genetic continuation isn't evolution, it is adapt or become extinct for a species in a specific gravity situation of self contained matter like the periodic table hosting the results in this atmosphere all the time, presently being what details arrive next currently.

What evidence will you put forth to prove that intelligent design (or any other faith-based scheme) is a valid alternative to evolution?

cc

if you are admitting you can't prove evolution....then you really have no argument whatsoever defending one over the other.

oh....and by the way....ID in no way conflicts with evolution. if anything...evolution corroborates ID. actually corroborates the

evolutionary schematic within the book of genesis.

cc

It's a theory. No one ever said it was proven.

But thanks for proving such an important point about both theories.

I think therein lies the difference. I have no desire to assert the superiority of my beliefs, force others to believe it, or call them names if they don't. That seems to be a leftist trait.

I'm sure the AGW folks mean well...can't we all just get along? :lol:

Not by I.D. that is called invented humanity through vocabulary art in manifesting character roles to die playing waiting on some divine intervention.

cc

Why can't evolution, ID and faith co-exist?...except for preconceived notions?....which are man-made.

Not by I.D. that is called invented humanity through vocabulary art in manifesting character roles to die playing waiting on some divine intervention.

You lost me at "Hello." :lol:

You lost me at "Hello." :lol:

I didn't say "Hello". Oops type hello, so you wouldn't have seen it and that means you didn't miss it to have gotten lost from it, hello..

Why can't evolution, ID and faith co-exist?...except for preconceived notions?....which are man-made.

That's where I arrived in ID. It's just as outrageous to believe there is a guiding force(an architect if you will) to our physical development as well as our consciousness as there is to believe its all a result of randomness.

cc

Evolution theory meaning one specie morphed into another is faith based.

EV Theory regarding the creation of the first cell, faith based, and damn funny faith at that.

That's where I arrived in ID. It's just as outrageous to believe there is a guiding force(an architect if you will) to our physical development as well as our consciousness as there is to believe its all a result of randomness.

Vocabulary is I.D. Regardless the tongue spoken or written.

It's called faith for a reason. Just like ppl have faith that a big bang from nothing created everything.

Errr... Isn't that what the bible says?...

Not sure about the nothing part though.. No one is saying something came from nothing, that is illogical

Not sure about the nothing part though.. No one is saying something came from nothing, that is illogical

Yet that is the scientific consensus for the origin of the universe. According to the libs that makes it fact.

then where did space come from to even let big bang happen? That's where the big bang theory dies imho

then where did space come from to even let big bang happen? That's where the big bang theory dies imho

The greatest paradox I've ever faced iOS:

It's very simple to attribute the magnificence of our creation to a God.

However if that is the case, then who created this even more magnificent God??

Same sort of thing. Where did it all start?

Yet that is the scientific consensus for the origin of the universe. According to the libs that makes it fact.

Are you saying the scientific consensus is that the universe came from nothing?

There is no consensus since no one knows what came before our Universe.

That's what I understood the scientific consensus to be, but i thought mass liberty was aware of something I am not yet privy to

if you are admitting you can't prove evolution....then you really have no argument whatsoever defending one over the other.

oh....and by the way....ID in no way conflicts with evolution. if anything...evolution corroborates ID. actually corroborates the

evolutionary schematic within the book of genesis.

Which version in the book? There are two.

Are you saying the scientific consensus is that the universe came from nothing?

I believe the idea is that the big bang came from a point of infinite light and density; that is hardly nothing. The best thing about science is that when a repeatable, peer reviewed competing theory arises it will be taken seriously, not rejected due to dogma.

It's a theory. No one ever said it was proven.

But thanks for proving such an important point about both theories.

I think therein lies the difference. I have no desire to assert the superiority of my beliefs, force others to believe it, or call them names if they don't. That seems to be a leftist trait.

If those who advocate ID are really like that then why the insistence it be included in science text with equal footing to actual science? Why the invention of the term "Darwinist" like it is another religion?

Which version in the book? There are two.

I believe the idea is that the big bang came from a point of infinite light and density; that is hardly nothing. The best thing about science is that when a repeatable, peer reviewed competing theory arises it will be taken seriously, not rejected due to dogma.

If those who advocate ID are really like that then why the insistence it be included in science text with equal footing to actual science? Why the invention of the term "Darwinist" like it is another religion?

Do you have a chip on your shoulder?

cc

Okay bud .. we know you don't belive in G.O.D..

Would you buy a different theory?

ARE YOU LIVING IN A COMPUTER SIMULATION?

BY NICK BOSTROM

Faculty of Philosophy, Oxford University

Published in Philosophical Quarterly (2003) Vol. 53, No. 211, pp. 243-255.

[www.simulation-argument.com]

pdf-version: [PDF]

ABSTRACT

This paper argues that at least one of the following propositions is true: (1) the human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a posthuman stage; (2) any posthuman civilization is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or variations thereof); (3) we are almost certainly living in a computer simulation. It follows that the belief that there is a significant chance that we will one day become posthumans who run ancestor-simulations is false, unless we are currently living in a simulation. A number of other consequences of this result are also discussed.

http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.html

cc

I think it's pretty amusing that you don't understand that evolution is a faith-based scheme.

Strange. Isn't evolution still a theory, or has it been proven?

I didn't say "Hello". Oops type hello, so you wouldn't have seen it and that means you didn't miss it to have gotten lost from it, hello..

Baby steps, baby steps...On the Bright side I've read two of your posts in the past 24 hours, were making progress.