WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×
guests can now post ×
welcome guests . feel free to test the waters. ×

Sometimes we just need a laugh

SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
MCCAIN DARES PUTIN TO TEAR DOWN BERLIN WALL
POSTED BY ANDY BOROWITZ

WASHINGTON —In a sharply critical op-ed piece for the Russian Web site Pravda, Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona) called Russian President Vladimir Putin “a brutal, freedom-hating tyrant” and challenged Mr. Putin to tear down the Berlin Wall.

“The Wall stands as a symbol of your failed, repressive system,” Sen. McCain said. “Until you tear it down, the world will see you and your Soviet goons for what you are: relics destined for the dustbin of history.”

“Mr. Putin, tear down that wall,” Sen. McCain’s editorial pointedly concluded.

Several hours after the article was published, the Russian Federation issued a terse statement, indicating that the Berlin Wall had been torn down.

Responding to the Russian statement, Sen. McCain told reporters, “This shows what you can achieve when you talk tough with Putin. If only President Obama realized that.”

Sen. McCain added that he was “delighted” by the response to his Pravda editorial and was already writing a new one, urging Mr. Putin to remove his missiles from Cuba.

I hope you're aware this is a satire piece... and one that is rather poorly done at that.

Of course, which is why you and your feeble-minded, humorless ilk were no where in mind when I posted it.

Things that are suppose to be humorous normally some SOMETHING about them that is funny.

Like this:

BUkG3DOCIAAWf84.png

I find her denial of her own irrelevance hysterically funny.

Bravo for you though. You and your ilk usually need the satirical nature of these pieces point out to you.

I hope you're aware this is a satire piece... and one that is rather poorly done at that.

Things that are suppose to be humorous normally some SOMETHING about them that is funny.

Like this:

BUkG3DOCIAAWf84.png

Wow. Now you're the arbiter of what's funny. It was a fairly crude implication that McCain is demented due to his age. I didn't think it was so funny. But you don't get to judge what is and what isn't. The Palin piece is similarly crude in my opinion. I don't like political humor in general. It's usually bullying and ham-handed.

Like this:

BUkG3DOCIAAWf84.png

That is a highly ironic picture. A ditzoid being a ditzoid criticizing someone who's jocky shorts know more about foreign affairs than the ditzoid.

What did Obama demand, that Assad must step down?

Then he tried to bully him into giving up his WMD's or we'd flatten him with an "incredibly small" attack.

Wow, I'll bet he was shaking!

With laughter. :D

And now, the Russian-Obama deal will keep Assad in power for a fake deal that will never happen. :D

Of course, which is why you and your feeble-minded, humorless ilk were no where in mind when I posted it.

It is obvious you have a mindset to mind everything you quote of everyone else's thinking as instructed to place working for a political action committee or some marketing swtichboard spamming websties promoting their disciples of chaos.