Sign in to follow this  
Gallows 420

House votes to keep government open, defund ObamaCare

My congressman is running on not to fund obamacare that is how he plans to deal with it but what part of ACA needs funding?

You should seriously consider stopping your support for those with a losing cause.

You should seriously consider stopping your support for I support all those with a losing cause.

hey retard... fixed it for ya...

lets see your list of who is running on "I voted for ACA"

the list of those running on "I DID NOT vote for aca" is growing... retard...

LAXALT CHALLENGES LEGALITY OF OBAMACARE CHANGES

Las Vegas, NV – Today, Adam Laxalt announced that if he were elected as Nevada’s next Attorney General, he would join West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey’s effort to stop the Obama Administration from circumventing Congress in changing the unpopular government takeover of America’s health care system. General Morrisey’s letter to Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius (attached) is cosigned by 10 other state’s Attorneys General and points out that the changes and rewrites of the current Affordable Care Act are illegal under the U.S. Constitution and statutory law. The comment letter states that the President is violating both his responsibility to execute the laws faithfully and the separation of powers between branches of our federal government.

“The President’s job is to execute laws that are passed by the peoples’ representatives,” said Adam Laxalt. “He has no Constitutional authority to make laws on his own, including massive changes and amendments to the current Obamacare legislation. The series of actions he has taken go well beyond any interpretative authority he may have as the chief executive.”

“Few people are surprised that there are numerous problems with the unpopular health care law the President pushed through Congress on a strict, party-line vote” added Adam Laxalt. “No major nation shifting law like this has ever been passed without bi-partisan support. If the President actually worked with both parties to lead his initiative rather than jam it down America’s throat, then perhaps we could have avoided lost health care plans, increased costs, and millions of lost hours for Nevadans and businesses trying to figure this ever changing two thousand-page law.

“Obamacare is the most flawed piece of major legislation America has ever endured,” continued Laxalt. “The President must now work with our nation’s representative to fix it. The President cannot simply declare himself King and attempt to fix Obamacare all on his own. We are a Republic and we the people still rule. Rather than fulfilling his Constitutional role, the President is now illegally declaring unilateral changes, delays and exemptions to his law. This President has no regard for the system of checks and balances that made this nation great. Congress has a critical role to play in this process, both in oversight of how the law is implemented, as well as with any changes that need to be made. That process requires amending the law, hopefully through open hearings in Congress and votes cast on the House and Senate floors.”

West Virginia Attorney General Morrisey is joined in this effort by the states of Alabama, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. The letter specifically responds to a proposed federal rule regarding the implementation of the Affordable Care Act where the President recently announced that his Administration would allow insurance companies to continue offering plans that do not comply with the mandates under the new law.

“We support allowing citizens to keep their health insurance coverage,” stated West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey. “But any changes to the law must be done legally and through the proper channels. The Administration may not decide single-handedly which parts of the law it will enforce and which parts it will ignore. The only way to fix this problem-ridden law is through congressional action.”

“We are deeply concerned that this Administration is consistently rewriting new rules and effectively inventing statutory provisions to operationalize a flawed law,” the attorneys general write in their letter to Secretary Sebelius. “And the irony, of course, is that the changes being put forth to fix the disastrous exchanges will ultimately destroy the market and increase health insurance premiums for customers who played by the rules.”

“Nevada voters should know that if I am honored to serve as our attorney general, I will work to ensure any U.S. President, regardless of party, respects the people, the rule of law and our carefully balanced system of government,” Laxalt concluded. “Many top law enforcement officers from other states have called on this Administration to seek changes to the law through Congress, and I join them in urging the President to do what is both right and legal. It is my hope that Ross Miller will make the same assurances to Nevadans.”

Laxalt officially filed as a Republican candidate for Nevada Attorney General last week. He is supported in his campaign by former Nevada Attorney General and current Governor Brian Sandoval, former Governor and Attorney General Bob List, U.S. Senator Dean Heller, U.S. Congressman Mark Amodei (NV-02) and U.S. Congressman Joe Heck (NV-03).

Read the commentary regarding the legal and consumer privacy issues in Health and Human Service's proposed Affordable Care Act ruling from Attorneys General from 11 different U.S. states.

hey retard... fixed it for ya...

lets see your list of who is running on "I voted for ACA"

the list of those running on "I DID NOT vote for aca" is growing... retard...

LAXALT CHALLENGES LEGALITY OF OBAMACARE CHANGES

Las Vegas, NV – Today, Adam Laxalt announced that if he were elected as Nevada’s next Attorney General, he would join West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey’s effort to stop the Obama Administration from circumventing Congress in changing the unpopular government takeover of America’s health care system. General Morrisey’s letter to Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius (attached) is cosigned by 10 other state’s Attorneys General and points out that the changes and rewrites of the current Affordable Care Act are illegal under the U.S. Constitution and statutory law. The comment letter states that the President is violating both his responsibility to execute the laws faithfully and the separation of powers between branches of our federal government.

“The President’s job is to execute laws that are passed by the peoples’ representatives,” said Adam Laxalt. “He has no Constitutional authority to make laws on his own, including massive changes and amendments to the current Obamacare legislation. The series of actions he has taken go well beyond any interpretative authority he may have as the chief executive.”

“Few people are surprised that there are numerous problems with the unpopular health care law the President pushed through Congress on a strict, party-line vote” added Adam Laxalt. “No major nation shifting law like this has ever been passed without bi-partisan support. If the President actually worked with both parties to lead his initiative rather than jam it down America’s throat, then perhaps we could have avoided lost health care plans, increased costs, and millions of lost hours for Nevadans and businesses trying to figure this ever changing two thousand-page law.

“Obamacare is the most flawed piece of major legislation America has ever endured,” continued Laxalt. “The President must now work with our nation’s representative to fix it. The President cannot simply declare himself King and attempt to fix Obamacare all on his own. We are a Republic and we the people still rule. Rather than fulfilling his Constitutional role, the President is now illegally declaring unilateral changes, delays and exemptions to his law. This President has no regard for the system of checks and balances that made this nation great. Congress has a critical role to play in this process, both in oversight of how the law is implemented, as well as with any changes that need to be made. That process requires amending the law, hopefully through open hearings in Congress and votes cast on the House and Senate floors.”

West Virginia Attorney General Morrisey is joined in this effort by the states of Alabama, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. The letter specifically responds to a proposed federal rule regarding the implementation of the Affordable Care Act where the President recently announced that his Administration would allow insurance companies to continue offering plans that do not comply with the mandates under the new law.

“We support allowing citizens to keep their health insurance coverage,” stated West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey. “But any changes to the law must be done legally and through the proper channels. The Administration may not decide single-handedly which parts of the law it will enforce and which parts it will ignore. The only way to fix this problem-ridden law is through congressional action.”

“We are deeply concerned that this Administration is consistently rewriting new rules and effectively inventing statutory provisions to operationalize a flawed law,” the attorneys general write in their letter to Secretary Sebelius. “And the irony, of course, is that the changes being put forth to fix the disastrous exchanges will ultimately destroy the market and increase health insurance premiums for customers who played by the rules.”

“Nevada voters should know that if I am honored to serve as our attorney general, I will work to ensure any U.S. President, regardless of party, respects the people, the rule of law and our carefully balanced system of government,” Laxalt concluded. “Many top law enforcement officers from other states have called on this Administration to seek changes to the law through Congress, and I join them in urging the President to do what is both right and legal. It is my hope that Ross Miller will make the same assurances to Nevadans.”

Laxalt officially filed as a Republican candidate for Nevada Attorney General last week. He is supported in his campaign by former Nevada Attorney General and current Governor Brian Sandoval, former Governor and Attorney General Bob List, U.S. Senator Dean Heller, U.S. Congressman Mark Amodei (NV-02) and U.S. Congressman Joe Heck (NV-03).

Read the commentary regarding the legal and consumer privacy issues in Health and Human Service's proposed Affordable Care Act ruling from Attorneys General from 11 different U.S. states.

Well there's a waste of perfectly good bandwidth. So when the President vetoes any attempt by Congress to repeal the law, your next move will be.............

And the full DC appeals court is going to rule against the plaintiff in their case.

Obamacare isn't going anywhere numbnuts. You need a new hobby.

Well there's a waste of perfectly good bandwidth. So when the President vetoes any attempt by Congress to repeal the law, your next move will be.............

And the full DC appeals court is going to rule against the plaintiff in their case.

Obamacare isn't going anywhere numbnuts. You need a new hobby.

"lets see your list of who is running on "I voted for ACA""

didnt think you could name one

thanks for proving I was right in post #28

poor "skrewser the loser" has to run away like a fkn retard...

when the President vetoes any attempt by Congress to repeal the law,

thanks for proving my op is true

"House votes to keep government open, defund ObamaCare"

thanks for admitting oblamer shut down the gov to save his aca debacle...

didnt think you could name one

thanks for proving I was right in post #28

poor "skrewser the loser" has to run away like a fkn retard...

Run away? Well since I'm still right here I can only put this reply down as thread fail number two.

Keep peddling skippy.

Obamcare isn't going anywhere, and will only continue to be expanded as the great success as it is.

This losing cause for you right turds has now become a real point of embarrassment. I would suggest something that resembles a life is in order here.

You seem to forget, they lost the last election. More people voted against the Republican Congress than voted for them. Your news is 3 years old.

You're not going to win this battle on semantics.

The R's won is right, but with a minority of voters.. Gerrymandered districts gave them the win.

if fact the last two elections were that way, they lost the popular vote.

That cannot continue forever.

The House voted Friday will keep the government open through mid-December but only if Congress strips funding from ObamaCare.

The vote was 230 to 189, and largely expected.

Nothing new here, same ole shet, My way or the hiway from the Radicals.

Shut it down now, if they had any balls they would.

Run away? Well since I'm still right here

still running away from the post you quoted

you pathetic backpedaling retard...

keep running skrewser the lewser, lets pretend no one else notices...

One-third of the government can't propose a poison-pill bill like this & expect to be able to dictate to the other two-thirds. . Does anybody seriously think the Senate is going to take the bait on this? The bill will be tabled by the Senate along with all of the other nonsense bills that have been sent to them by the HOR the past couple of years.

It's just more political grandstanding from the GOP; it's transparent; and it won't earn them any points with the overall electorate who see it for what it is. It may help the GOP energize certain more radical elements of their base for the Nov elections. Elements who tend to lot of noise but often don't seem to manage to actually make it to the polls. It remains to be seen how much it will help them. Not much is my prediction.

These childish tactics will back-fire on the GOP in the long run. It damages their credibility.