Wharf Rat2

Bakken natural gas being burned off instead of recovered for use

This thread is a perfect example of why stupid/poor/no-property owning people must not be allowed to vote.

Again the left cries foul about the evils of the world they create. This is just like dumbo in another thread whining aobut high food prices when the left has done everything possible to make food prices rise, the list of examples is endless.

Looks like RumpRat2 et al. have identified a possible business need. What do they do? Instead of seek funding to build a processing plant and pipelines the LEFT BITCHES. BITCHING is all the LEFT CAN DO.

Why the FUCK do people put up with this? Imagine you're on a cross country road trip and one passenger does noting but bitch, bitches about everyting. This person never offers single workable solution, but just bitches all the time like some whiny ass toddler.

How many miles would you go with this person before putting them in the trunk, or leaving their ass at a gas station? FUCK the left. Leave them at a gas station.

Now actual reason.

RumpRat2 have you looked into the headaches involved with trying to build a pipeline?

Likely not but you and your moronic ilk have made it nearly impossible to build a pipe line.

Why is this important? Natural gas is a gas. Being a gas means it is not very dense per unit volume, but a liquid like oil is dense per unit volume.

The bakken field is way out in the boonies so the cost to store the gas would be enormous compared to the market value of the gas. The cost of storing the gas is also made more expensie due to safety regs for gas storage.

In order to even make the production of gas in that area profitable one would have to build a processing plant, that cleans the gas compresses the gas and then the processing plant would have to be conneceted to a non existant pipeline. Because as stated earlier gas is a gas so you cannot transport enough in a tanker truck in gas form, you could make it a liquid which involves a huge cooling plant and different trucks for transport. Then you're looking at where in the puck do you transport the gas with all these trucks since you can't build a pipeline for a decent price, in a short enough time to be of any use.

Lets say somehow all the left is immediately wiped from the earth. Then building the pipeline would still take a few years and storage in the meantime would cost too much so the gas would still be flared until a pipeline and all the seperating equipment was placed at every well.

BUT

For now we're stuck with the most useless, worthles, dumbest people to ever live on the earth, the American liebral, so burning the gas, or flaring is the prudent and safe thing to do with the gas at this time.

wharf the tough guy, there is so much natural gas it is not cost effective to render the gas from this operation. It's much more cost effective to burn it off and focus on the oil, since sambo is keeping oil prices artificially high. as far as the pollution, I love it! That has got to make you tree hugging faggots furious. My home and my smaller buildings burn all of our trash and recycling and turn it in to energy. I am sure that is f*cking up the air and water quality as well but free electricity is worth it.

wharf the tough guy, there is so much natural gas it is not cost effective to render the gas from this operation. It's much more cost effective to burn it off and focus on the oil, since sambo is keeping oil prices artificially high. as far as the pollution, I love it! That has got to make you tree hugging faggots furious. My home and my smaller buildings burn all of our trash and recycling and turn it in to energy. I am sure that is f*cking up the air and water quality as well but free electricity is worth it.

In a pinch, my wood burner will handle ground up tires. Hey, they are feckin everywhere - a source of renewable energy. Tell, me, when was the last time you took a drive and didn't see a few recaps along the road? Well, there ya go. Free energy.

Oil companies can do no wrong, we should heap more tax credits on them.

Actually for every cubic foot of natural gas they waste like this they should be forced to pay $10,000.00.

Better yet for every cu foot they burn off they should provide an equal amount free of charge to the US market PLUS pay a $10,000.00 per Cu Ft waste fee..

Pro-drilling??? Sweetie, I'm a production engineer for Shell. The infrastructure in place at these wells is there to accommodate oil. Gas pipelines are being installed, but for the time being, any gas that comes out of an oil well is going to be burned off.

Ever been up here? It's cool as hell when you fly in at night.

Furthermore, I highly doubt the whole "1million cars" comparison.

If it wasn't true, it wouldn't be allowed on the interwebs.

Part of it is always burned off, just like methane from recycling processes.

So what?

Let the phart burning stories commence...

Quite possibly because environmental regulation makes it impossible to build a pipeline for it to be sold for commercial use.

Like Obama is effectively killing the Keystone pipeline.

False.

Economics prevent it.

And Obama isn't killing the Keystone, dumbass. The Keystone has lready been built. Go purchase a clue, morAn. You, Glory Hole, are the right wing equivalent of what Corey was sniveling about: Ignorant lefties making up stories to push their politics. You don't klnow anything about the conversation, so you spread fables and gossip like a chick.

Burning off gas certainly is a waste of fuel. Considering we run on greed, I'm surprised the gas isn't harvested. Gotta be a reason. Safety issues???

Money. NG is cheap. Pipe ain't.

Better yet for every cu foot they burn off they should provide an equal amount free of charge to the US market PLUS pay a $10,000.00 per Cu Ft waste fee..

Your splashing around like a drowning man. You got your ASS kicked on your own thread. :lol::lol::lol:

Your splashing around like a drowning man. You got your ASS kicked on your own thread. :lol::lol::lol:

Embarrassing, isn't it?

Oil companies can do no wrong, we should heap more tax credits on them.

Actually for every cubic foot of natural gas they waste like this they should be forced to pay $10,000.00.

The tree huggers that sue against all building of infrastructure, oil wells, etc. They should pay for all of this gas being burned since they cause all of the delays in this. It takes about 10 years to drill an oil well and get the oil after applying for the permits. 8 or more years are spent in court with these fools. Then you rant about this caused by them.

The tree huggers that sue against all building of infrastructure, oil wells, etc. They should pay for all of this gas being burned since they cause all of the delays in this. It takes about 10 years to drill an oil well and get the oil after applying for the permits. 8 or more years are spent in court with these fools. Then you rant about this caused by them.

"West Virginia’s typical well takes 45 days to get approved, but permitting ranges from 4 to 120 days. New regulations and more activity have slowed the process in the state."

http://www.mineralweb.com/news/marcellus-shale-well-permits-take-how-long/

Here's the law in california:

21. How long does it take to get a drilling permit?

The Division issues most drilling permits within a week. By law, the Division must respond within 10 working days or the permit is automatically approved. Use permits from local agencies can take longer, depending on the local agency, and the level of environmental review required. For Kern County, the Division acts as CEQA lead agency, and wells drilled outside administrative field boundaries may require 30-60 days to permit.

22. How long are permits good for?

Permits are good for one year from the date of issuance. Additionally, a one-year extension can be granted, for a total of two years. Permits are cancelled by the Division after two years.

http://www.conservation.ca.gov/dog/faqs/Pages/Index.aspx#how_long

You know, you contards like to make fun of liberals for talking out their ass - I'm seeing more boytouchers doing it, up in this thread.

So whats wrong with placing the necessary systems at the time of drilling to recover both oil and natural gas?

If they can afford to throw away all those millions of cu feet of gas then they can afford to collect it.

Greed fuhkin rules.

are they even allowed to store the natural gas? a sh it tone of it belongs to montana dakota utilities...they may be the ones that are really getting screwed in this..and i am glad they are

So whats wrong with placing the necessary systems at the time of drilling to recover both oil and natural gas?

If they can afford to throw away all those millions of cu feet of gas then they can afford to collect it.

Greed fuhkin rules.

i dont think the gas belongs to the oil companies...it might be illegal for them to collect it...dont think that the gas wells arent spoken for already..im pretty sure that they are

Ever been up here? It's cool as hell when you fly in at night.

Never been to Bakken. I have been to Eagle Ford, there are gas flares all over the place out there as well. I hate going out to the field. That's why we have FIELD ENGINEERS. I'm either sitting in a trailer trying to figure out if why our flow rates aren't in line with my office numbers, or I'm sitting in a hotel room trying figure out what to watch on tv. Luckily this doesn't happen often. The nice thing is the company flies me into San Antonio and we have fleet contracts with some car dealerships so I get a truck to drive around. I don't own a truck, but I love them.

Greed fuhkin rules.

Natural gas is trading at $3.45 per million btu's. Oil is $104/barrel.

It just burns your ass that someone 19 year old kid is up there working MWD making six figures while you're stuck at your house complaining about what the oil companies are doing. :lol: :lol:

i dont think the gas belongs to the oil companies...it might be illegal for them to collect it...dont think that the gas wells arent spoken for already..im pretty sure that they are

Anything that comes out of the well belongs to the company that owns the well, or its investors. Gas isn't high right now so laying in the pipe infrastructure is a lot less of a priority than striking while the oil iron is hot.

Been watching them throw away resources all my life, its nothing new. Don't make it the right thing to do either.

Cmon all you big oil apologists. Why are your paymasters burning a billion dollars a month in natural gas?

HOPEANDCHANGEMASTERCOPY.jpg

Been watching them throw away resources all my life, its nothing new. Don't make it the right thing to do either.

Do something about it then. It's not your gas, but I'm sure if you paid to build the pipelines they'd pay you to transport the gas through them.

Furthermore, it is pretty hilarious to me how pissy dumbass progressives get. Here we have some worthless welfare wonder trying to dictate how a multi billion dollar business should run its business. Just wait, soon he will be asking for free stuff.

oh... I was actually a little late on saying he would be demanding free stuff.

I posted something about oil companies that any average consumer can look at and ask the same questions I am asking. The answer always comes back the same.

Because there isn't any money to be made.

That doesn't mean what they are doing with the natural gas is the right thing to do.

Its just the typical oil company thing to do.

me thinks it is safer for the crew to burn it off than to try to store it....that is what some rig hands have told me...not sure it is accurate though...so dont hold me accountable..i was drunk when i posted this

those rig hands drink, too. don't worry about it. its the only safe way to deal with it UNLESS there's a lot of infrastructure in place.

those rig hands drink, too. don't worry about it. its the only safe way to deal with it UNLESS there's a lot of infrastructure in place.

Lighting it afire in situ IS in fact the safest way to deal with it.

Lighting it afire in situ IS in fact the safest way to deal with it.

and has been since the very beginnings of oil drilling.........

btw, I spent time up in the Bakken working with seismic exploration outfits in the '80s- its freakin EMPTY!

and has been since the very beginnings of oil drilling.........

btw, I spent time up in the Bakken working with seismic exploration outfits in the '80s- its freakin EMPTY!

It ain't changed much. Still a gorgeous woman behind every tree.

Still no trees.