EmeraldCoast

Is it wrong for a woman to shoot an unarmed rapist?

I mean .... wouldn't she have to fear for her life or great bodily injury before shooting and not just being raped? After all, all rapes do not conclude with death and does rape itself really constitute "great bodily injury?" Shouldn't she wait till the rapists finishes to see if he plans to beat her to the point of great bodily injury or death before she can shoot? And what if the woman provoked the rapist by daring to walk on the same sidewalk as he? Is it a factor if the rapist was just innocently wandering around the woman's neighborhood after purchasing some candy & a soft drink when the woman provoked him into attempting to rape her? Does the race of the rapist & victim come into play at all? Age? Supposin' the rapist were 17 & the victim 28?

So many questions! Excuse me if this is a little convoluted ... I'm just trying to think like a progressive liberal here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You can't rape a woman if you are impotent, Emerald Coast. So what is your point?

I mean .... wouldn't she have to fear for her life or great bodily injury before shooting and not just being raped? After all, all rapes do not conclude with death and does rape itself really constitute "great bodily injury?" Shouldn't she wait till the rapists finishes to see if he plans to beat her to the point of great bodily injury or death before she can shoot? And what if the woman provoked the rapist by daring to walk on the same sidewalk as he? Is it a factor if the rapist was just innocently wandering around the woman's neighborhood after purchasing some candy & a soft drink when the woman provoked him into attempting to rape her? Does the race of the rapist & victim come into play at all? Age? Supposin' the rapist were 17 & the victim 28?

So many questions! Excuse me if this is a little convoluted ... I'm just trying to think like an intelligent person. But of course I can't.

well, according to tech guy and many other libs, the woman being raped needs to pull out a stop-watch and make sure the rape

lasts long enough. according to them, the rape needs to pass the 60 second mark before a woman can even think about fighting off

or defending herself against the rapist. so the stop-watch is a vital component of a rape scene. take notes, ladies. i get a full minute

before you can blow a whistle. ;)

• Upvote 1

It's wrong for the woman to shoot the unarmed rapist for the following reason: When a woman is raped, her body has ways of shutting down anything bad that could happen. Even head injuries - stuff like that. Broken nose? Shut down.

It's wrong for the woman to shoot the unarmed rapist for the following reason: When a woman is raped, her body has ways of shutting down anything bad that could happen. Even head injuries - stuff like that. Broken nose? Shut down.

Are you running for Senate?

Are you running for Senate?

That depends. Would you vote for me? It's better than having a woman senator....they have it too easy, what with everything shutting down whenever it's convenient.

They don't understand the working man's issues.

So many questions! Excuse me if this is a little convoluted ... I'm just trying to think like a progressive liberal here.

Was the woman stalking the rapist?

Was the woman stalking the rapist?

i think it quite possible that all rape victims stalk their rapists. it's definite that all abused women stalk their abusers.

Your attempted trap was poorly laid. Rape is not the same as walking down the street. Did your hypothetical victim follow the rapist? Did she give him adequate reason to feel uncomfortable or frightened into rape?

What everyone on here seem to keep missing is that there were two men making mistakes. Two people who had they done anything different would have walked away unharmed. Instead their mistakes compounded and now one is dead and the other will never be the same again.

Shooting rapists is stupid. You might miss, or only wound them and get pathogens during the rape. A well maintained rape whistle is the answer.

Shooting rapists is stupid. You might miss, or only wound them and get pathogens during the rape. A well maintained rape whistle is the answer.

rape whistles are good, because they give the woman a chance to suck and blow before the actual rape. so it's good practice.

rape whistles are good, because they give the woman a chance to suck and blow before the actual rape. so it's good practice.

That is an astute observation. And unlike a pistol, a rape whistle says to the rapist, she means business. You don't have to point a rape whistle. You don't have to aim. You never miss your mark. A rape whistle gives that rapist a shrill earful of hard to misread displeasure. It says to him in unmistakable terms: I don't like this.

That's a bold statement, right there. Any rapist who continues in the face of that much disagreement - he loses any excuse for his bad behavior (especially if it's occurring in an established "safe zone").

The problem becomes when, one may not be able to prove which person was blowing the rape whistle. You'd have people's mom's and friends KNOWING that it was their child blowing for help. Lack of DNA doesn't prove anything.

That is an astute observation. And unlike a pistol, a rape whistle says to the rapist, she means business. You don't have to point a rape whistle. You don't have to aim. You never miss your mark. A rape whistle gives that rapist a shrill earful of hard to misread displeasure. It says to him in unmistakable terms: I don't like this.

That's a bold statement, right there. Any rapist who continues in the face of that much disagreement - he loses any excuse for his bad behavior (especially if it's occurring in an established "safe zone").

i know. right? when i wanna rape a b*tch? i scare her 1st just to see if she has a whistle. if the b*tch don't? i rarely waste my time with her.

i like to see those lips sucking and blowing on that whistle. when she does that? i just grin. i'm like....wow....this b*tch is gonna make my dick sing

just like that whistle.

Oh, well fu.ck you then.

Maybe she should just buy a rape whistle.

Buy a gun and a rape whistle. Point the gun at the rapist and say, "blow this whistle or I'll shoot you."

Problem solved.

You can't rape a woman if you are impotent, Emerald Coast. So what is your point?

Lol.

Yes you can. All you need is a fallic object and a complete disregard for human decency.

well, according to tech guy and many other libs, the woman being raped needs to pull out a stop-watch and make sure the rape

lasts long enough. according to them, the rape needs to pass the 60 second mark before a woman can even think about fighting off

or defending herself against the rapist. so the stop-watch is a vital component of a rape scene. take notes, ladies. i get a full minute before you can blow a whistle. ;)

If she's a ni.gger, you get two minutes and a bi-racial daughter.

i think it quite possible that all rape victims stalk their rapists. it's definite that all abused women stalk their abusers.

Link plz.

Your attempted trap was poorly laid. Rape is not the same as walking down the street. Did your hypothetical victim follow the rapist? Did she give him adequate reason to feel uncomfortable or frightened into rape?

What everyone on here seem to keep missing is that there were two men making mistakes. Two people who had they done anything different would have walked away unharmed. Instead their mistakes compounded and now one is dead and the other will never be the same again.

Okay...

There weren't two men, there was a man and a teenage boy. Neither of them made mistakes: one did absolutely nothing, the other hunted him as if he were a deer. And while the boy is dead, the man will certainly be the same - he's free as a jay bird, walkong the same streets, holding the same gun, looking for a new victim. And the next victim could be your child, Paisleyspeaker.

As to your first point - rape has its parallels to what happened to Trayvon. It is a pandemic both in the criminal justice system and society as a whole, its affects fall disproportionately on one segment of the population, and it can (and does) happen when someone is just walking down the street, minding their own business.

As a matter of fact, I would say that rape is, if not the same, eerily similar - to the point that black men are the most likely to be raped out of any group.

kill him

How do you know the rapist is a boy?

Shooting rapists is stupid. You might miss,

True - and warning shots are illegal in Florida.

The problem becomes when, one may not be able to prove which person was blowing the rape whistle. You'd have people's mom's and friends KNOWING that it was their child blowing for help. Lack of DNA doesn't prove anything.

Brilliant observation.

I mean .... wouldn't she have to fear for her life or great bodily injury before shooting and not just being raped? After all, all rapes do not conclude with death and does rape itself really constitute "great bodily injury?"

Yes, rape in and of itself constitutes "serious bodily injury"

Both legally and realistically

And yes, she can not only legally shoot him, she damn well ought to

• Upvote 1

I don't know if you are trying to relate this to the Martin, Zim case but if you are I will say---why would an armed woman stalk a supposed rapist, who she never met and never hurt her in any way?

I stopped a rape the other night.

When the woman screamed at me, I ran like Hell! :P