So you believe Obama doesn't know Sharpton is organizing rallies today?

obama-sharpton.jpg

They shared a podium. Not proof of them doing anymore than that.

They shared a podium. Not proof of them doing anymore than that.

Again, you're saying Obama doesn't know Sharpton is organizing meetings today. Right? So you're saying you can't use your brain and you have no common sense. Okay.

Again, you're saying Obama doesn't know Sharpton is organizing meetings today. Right? So you're saying you can't use your brain and you have no common sense. Okay.

He just busy proving he's Stuck On Stupid.

I've never seen so many idiots on one site. Where do they keep the smart lefties? I mean......wait.....hold on..........never mind.

I've never seen so many idiots on one site. Where do they keep the smart lefties? I mean......wait.....hold on..........never mind.

But, you are on this site too. So that means you are stupid too...right? You can't even remember your own made up name

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But, you are on this site too. So that means you are stupid too...right? You can't even remember your own made up name

So your real name is "Wildfire"? My God, you have to be the dumbest slacker on this site.

Your misplaced interest reveals your ignorance of the issues.

come on now girls. quit squabbling and start kissing. that's all you're really good for anyway.

I wouldn't kiss Mildred with my dog's lips.

I wouldn't kiss Mildred with my dog's lips.

So my name is made up and your name is real. Do you smoke a lot of pot?

• Downvote 1

What happened to this couple is, if there were such a term, beyond evil. The people who did it are monsters. We would all give anything to insure that such things could somehow be made impossible.

Three things are on my mind. First, how badly do we want to stop it? If ever there were a task so big it would seem impossible, this would be it, unless we resorted to measures that would end this society as we know it. I don't have to go into detail. We would have to abandon nearly every principle we hold dear and for whom our fighting men and women have given their lives in several wars to protect, and certainly forget about laws at every level. Like the officer in Vietnam who said "We had to destroy the village in order to save it," if we were to win in that way, it would be a Pyrrhic victory, one not worth winning.

The second is that, while black-on-white crime is awful, it is no more awful than any other kind of crime in which someone loses his life.

Third, while we rightly condemn such acts, no one ever brings up the worst crime ever committed on this continent: the crime of treating millions of people worse than you'd treat pets or livestock, murdering and torturing them out of fear and guilt, hating them for no logical reason, destroying their families, selling husbands away from wives, children away from mothers. I'd say that all-in-all, the SS and their death camps had nothing on us.

But we never talk about that. Whenever anyone brings it up, someone yells "That's all in the past!" But we've never atoned for it spiritually. Some say we should pay money to black people. That would be worse than doing nothing, and it would do nothing to atone for our sins and would insult those to whom we'd give it -- and I daresay the great majority would never take it anyway.

There is a way, the only way:

I have read of instances where an American survivor of the Pearl Harbor attack meets a Japanese fighter pilot who took part in the raid, and a wondrous thing happens. Each man weeps and embraces one another, all evil thoughts, all bitterness, washed away. I have seen video of such meetings. You cannot watch one without being profoundly moved.

This kind of reconciliation has never happened between the descendants of the whites and blacks of the slave era, or even as short a time ago as the Depression or of the Civil Rights movement years, and the effects of what happened during those times continue to affect us all. There is no such thing as "in the past." I believe the way to get it started is to create a mass consciousness, where everyone is aware that such a reconciliation is underway. It would have to be extremely powerful, more powerful even than the patriotism which has bound us together in time of war or catastrophe. It would have to have sufficient staying power to last until everyone knew -- and I believe we would know when that time was, to the hour -- that we had let it all out, had rid ourselves of the huge, horrible cyst that infects this nation with continued racial hatred from both sides.

We have had shared consciousness in this society many times. The Lincoln assassination. The Kennedys. MLK. 9/11. To a lesser extent, Hands Across America, the Murrah Building, the Texas Tower shootings.

I have seen this one-on-one racial conciliation happen. It was in a video of George Wallace and, I think it was, Dionne Warwick. She was onstage and he was in his wheelchair, put there in 1968 by would-be assassin Arthur Bremer. Wallace, in constant pain from the shooting, embraced Warwick. It was an amazing scene. Wallace had become a born-again Christian and had recanted his former racist views.

Light of the world, shine on me, love is the answer.
-- England Dan and John Ford Coley, "Love is the Answer"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's a lie. The Civil Rights bill was passed because of a white republican, Everett Dirkson. A larger percentage of republicans voted for the bill than Democrats. Dr. King's father was a registered Republican, and Dr. King was not registered with any political party. Challenge me on this, please.

I don't think I've seen this many ignorant people gathered on one site before. Fascinating.

No.... Mildred....Its not a lie and I did not say Republicans. I hate to get off topic but some things need to be made clear.....

Liberals and moderates in both parties supported the Civil Rights laws just as conservatives in both parties opposed the reforms. However the Republicans nominated rightwing Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater who voted against the Civil Rights Act in 1964. Several southern states went Republican in the 1964 Presidential Election because of Goldwater. The Goldwater Campaign was part of a revival among conservatives that led to a movement in the 1970s.

Did any of you ever read that book? It was about a White male writer who darkened his skin and went to live in the Deep South as a Black man. I think it was written in 1960. I read it many years ago. Mr. Griffin was amazed at what life was like for Black men in the South ( probably wouldn't have been much different in other parts of the USA ). He never realized how much prejudice and hatred they faced until he walked a mile in their shoes. I beleive this is what President Obama is talking about. He is trying to convey how much different everyday life is for White vs. Black men. I don't think he is trying to fan the flames of racial strife. The name of the book is "Black like me" by John Howard Griffin.

Hahahaha BULLSHIT.

However the Republicans nominated rightwing Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater who voted against the Civil Rights Act in 1964.

Robert Byrd, who Democrats kept reelecting to the Senate over and over, and was held in the highest esteem by all Democrats until his death, was a former member of the KKK who not only voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, but conducted the longest filibuster in history to that time in an effort to stop it. And in 2000 he uttered the N-word on live TV and Democrats said NOTHING.

And Byrd wasn't the only Democrat to fight the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Far more Democrats voted against them than Republicans.

The father of Al Gore was one of them. And you Democrats still nominated his son. So get off that high horse.

I don't see why Obama would check on Sharpton's calendar. I have enough common sense to know that Obama is kept busy by a room full of assistants and cabinet members. I have even more common sense to know that you're full of crap.

You're stuck on a dumb insult. A man of your verbosity should be able to come up with something more than "stuck on stupid."

• Downvote 1

You're stuck on a dumb insult. A man of your verbosity should be able to come up with something more than "stuck on stupid."

Why change what is completely descriptive of you and Wildfire? :D

Why change what is completely descriptive of you and Wildfire? :D

For starters, It reflects more on you than anyone else. It shows a mind that is fixated and lacks the flexibility to comprehend.

• Downvote 1

Robert Byrd, who Democrats kept reelecting to the Senate over and over, and was held in the highest esteem by all Democrats until his death, was a former member of the KKK who not only voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, but conducted the longest filibuster in history to that time in an effort to stop it. And in 2000 he uttered the N-word on live TV and Democrats said NOTHING.

And Byrd wasn't the only Democrat to fight the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

The father of Al Gore was one of them. And you Democrats still nominated his son. So get off that high horse.

When in the world will some people learn that Democrats at that time were mainly Southerners, many of them racist, and that Republicans at that time would be considered communists by today's Tea Party? Have you not read the history of your own country? This is unbelievable.

• Downvote 1

When in the world will some people learn that Democrats at that time were mainly Southerners, many of them racist, and that Republicans at that time would be considered communists by today's Tea Party? Have you not read the history of your own country? This is unbelievable.

Lisa, he is beyond help. He lives in his own world and only beleives what he wants to beleive. BAC is one of a kind :(

I'm going to retire for the night. It's been nice talking to you all. See you tomorrow :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For starters, It reflects more on you than anyone else.

You think so? I think that just confirms how truly Stuck On Stupid you are.

When in the world will some people learn that Democrats at that time were mainly Southerners, many of them racist, and that Republicans at that time would be considered communists by today's Tea Party?

LOL! So which party kept reelecting Robert Byrd? Fact is, almost all of the Democrats who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 remained Democrats in good standing for years and years and years. Yours is a dishonest meme promoted by a dishonest leftist media and called "history". You are a fool for believing everything they tell you, Lisa. Just like in the Trayvon case.

Did any of you ever read that book? It was about a White male writer who darkened his skin and went to live in the Deep South as a Black man. I think it was written in 1960. I read it many years ago. Mr. Griffin was amazed at what life was like for Black men in the South ( probably wouldn't have been much different in other parts of the USA ). He never realized how much prejudice and hatred they faced until he walked a mile in their shoes. I beleive this is what President Obama is talking about. He is trying to convey how much different everyday life is for White vs. Black men. I don't think he is trying to fan the flames of racial strife. The name of the book is "Black like me" by John Howard Griffin

I read it, great book, scared the bejesus out of me even though I am white, and did a lot to shape my future thinking. I was never so relieved to be a white person in America

someday, i'm gonna paint myself white. and then i'm gonna walk through south chicago. i'm gonna drink canadian whiskey and act like an idiot.

and if black people don't like me then? i\ll consider it racism, no matter how dumb i act. it's all racism.

Did any of you ever read that book? It was about a White male writer who darkened his skin and went to live in the Deep South as a Black man. I think it was written in 1960. I read it many years ago. Mr. Griffin was amazed at what life was like for Black men in the South ( probably wouldn't have been much different in other parts of the USA ). He never realized how much prejudice and hatred they faced until he walked a mile in their shoes. I beleive this is what President Obama is talking about. He is trying to convey how much different everyday life is for White vs. Black men. I don't think he is trying to fan the flames of racial strife. The name of the book is "Black like me" by John Howard Griffin

I read it, great book, scared the bejesus out of me even though I am white, and did a lot to shape my future thinking. I was never so relieved to be a white person in America

It was awful yes, but it's time for blacks to get over it. They need to emulate Japanese Americans after WW2.

Japanese Americans did a great job building back their own country with major help from America. Japanese were wrongly interned in this country for a short period of time, and like all minorities were unfairly treated. They were how ever not dragged from their native country and made into slaves. If after the civil war white people said "ok Lincoln freed the slaves, lets treat them with the dignity and respect we treat our fellow white citizens" I may agree with you, but for most blacks and whites it was business as usual without the slave ownership involved, It was really only until the 60's that laws were passed ending state and country discrimination. Of course passing Laws are great but you cannot pass a law that will change the bigots heart. I think as the older white people die off and younger progressive people come into play that will help black people "get over it". The President said a very wise thing, a statement that smart parents tell their children. You cannot know how a man thinks or acts until you put yourself in his shoes.

Japanese were wrongly interned in this country for a short period of time

Japanese Americans were interned, not Japanese.

They were how ever not dragged from their native country and made into slaves.

Blacks weren't slaves in 1964.

Get over it.

After WW2 the situation of Japanese Americans was every bit as bad as blacks.

They had everything taken from them.

They were hated.

But in twenty years they were the wealthiest group in the US.

And they did it without trillions in handouts.

Instead of whining about the black condition, why don't you look how they did it.

Again with the truth posting; when will it end?

Japanese Americans were interned, not Japanese.

Blacks weren't slaves in 1964.

Get over it.

After WW2 the situation of Japanese Americans was every bit as bad as blacks.

They had everything taken from them.

They were hated.

But in twenty years they were the wealthiest group in the US.

And they did it without trillions in handouts.

Instead of whining about the black condition, why don't you look how they did it.

"There were many times more Whites brought to America as Slaves than there ever were Blacks. And the White Slaves were treated much worse!"

http://www.israelect.com/reference/W...in/SLAVE-1.htm