The Great Maya Angelou Weighs In on Trayvon/Zimmerman Verdict ...

http://swampland.time.com/2013/07/16/maya-angelou-reacts-to-zimmerman-trial-evoking-civil-rights-era/

Author, poet, and activist Maya Angelou was shaken by the verdict of the George Zimmerman trial, saying it shows “how far we have to go” as a country. “That one man, armed with a gun can actually profile a young man because he is black and end up shooting him dead…It is so painful,” Angelou said in an interview with TIME Monday.

Wasn't it Maya Angelou who said "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them"?

Seems to me all those tweets from Trayvon showed who he was. So why doesn't she believe him?

Wasn't it Maya Angelou who said "We allow our ignorance to prevail upon us and make us think we can survive alone, alone in patches, alone in groups, alone in races, even alone in genders"?

Yet isn't that exactly what she's now promoting … more division between the races … out of sheer ignorance?

This is a women who essentially suggested that anyone who voted against Obama's REELECTION is a racist.

THAT shows how far this country has to go.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/07/16/maya-angelou-reacts-to-zimmerman-trial-evoking-civil-rights-era/

Wasn't it Maya Angelou who said "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them"?

Seems to me all those tweets from Trayvon showed who he was. So why doesn't she believe him?

Wasn't it Maya Angelou who said "We allow our ignorance to prevail upon us and make us think we can survive alone, alone in patches, alone in groups, alone in races, even alone in genders"?

Yet isn't that exactly what she's now promoting … more division between the races … out of sheer ignorance?

This is a women who essentially suggested that anyone who voted against Obama's REELECTION is a racist.

well it was a hispanic who killed a black kid...that is how far we have come

what amazes me is that zimmerman didn't know travyon was black when he began to follow martin. and yet here is angelou perpetuating the complete fabrication for the purposes of her own identity and fame, that zimmerman profiled a young black man.

notice she referred to martin as a man, not a boy skipping home from the wonka factory with skittles, tea and gobstoppers in hand. she knows too he was responsible for his own actions, but is too afraid of losing her fan base to state the truth.

what amazes me is that zimmerman didn't know travyon was black when he began to follow martin. and yet here is angelou perpetuating the complete fabrication for the purposes of her own identity and fame, that zimmerman profiled a young black man.

notice she referred to martin as a man, not a boy skipping home from the wonka factory with skittles, tea and gobstoppers in hand. she knows too he was responsible for his own actions, but is too afraid of losing her fan base to state the truth.

This is just one in a long run of alleged White on Black racial hate crimes which have been exposed as complete hoaxes....But nothing changes... Sharpton , Jackson, Liberals and an irresponsible MSM will continue to manipulate, fabricate, instigate and exploit any issue which Race can be injected.

The last thing Jackson or Sharpton want is Racial harmony.... Both have become millionaires playing the Race-Card.

This is just one in a long run of alleged White on Black racial hate crimes which have been exposed as complete hoaxes....But nothing changes... Sharpton , Jackson, Liberals and an irresponsible MSM will continue to manipulate, fabricate, instigate and exploit any issue which Race can be injected.

The last thing Jackson or Sharpton want is Racial harmony.... Both have become millionaires playing the Race-Card.

oh come on man, isn't it fun watching the moronic blacks and idiotic liberal/progressives parroting en mass, just like they are told too??

Yes, they all live in fear of being called racists themselves.

Maya Angelou is NOT promoting division between the races. She is simply speaking her mind. And she is telling the truth. She did not support Obama for President. She supported Hillary Clinton because she admired all the work Hillary had done for education in her home state of Arkansas. This country does still have a long ways to go...I wonder if we'll ever get there.

• Upvote 1

Maya Angelou is NOT promoting division between the races. She is simply speaking her mind. And she is telling the truth. She did not support Obama for President. She supported Hillary Clinton because she admired all the work Hillary had done for education in her home state of Arkansas. This country does still have a long ways to go...I wonder if we'll ever get there.

we have a long way to go why? because a concerned citizen properly and correctly reported a suspicious person, and then exercised his rights to walk where he chose and follow the suspicious person who turned out to be black?

because that black MAN (her own words) chose to be racist (crazy arsed cracka) and assault a man who was exercising his rights to walk where he chose to???

yes, when anyone-black, white, hispanic, asian-feels they can assault another citizen for that citizen exercising their rights, (such as the three black women who assaulted a white sax player recently) we DO have a long way to go to teach those who feel they can assault others because they are black and have special privileges!!!GOOD CALL!!

• Downvote 1

Maya Angelou. Another half-talent who gets her living from race-baiting.

Maya Anglou is an author, actress, civil rights activist and college instructor who speaks four languages. Far from being a race baiter, she is one of the most compassionate people I'vw ever seen. You should know what you're talking about before you speak.

we have a long way to go why? because a concerned citizen properly and correctly reported a suspicious person, and then exercised his rights to walk where he chose and follow the suspicious person who turned out to be black?

because that black MAN (her own words) chose to be racist (crazy arsed cracka) and assault a man who was exercising his rights to walk where he chose to???

yes, when anyone-black, white, hispanic, asian-feels they can assault another citizen for that citizen exercising their rights, (such as the three black women who assaulted a white sax player recently) we DO have a long way to go to teach those who feel they can assault others because they are black and have special privileges!!!GOOD CALL!!

We have a long way to go becuase of people like you who twist the truth to make it what you want to make it. What special privileges do Blacks have?

Trayvon was exercising his rights too. He was walking home from the store and a stranger started following him. He exercised his right to protect himself.

Rightwingers are obsessed with race. As you can see it's pretty much all they can talk about. Oh and everybody else is the racist, not them. ;)

• Upvote 1

Maya Anglou is an author, actress, civil rights activist and college instructor who speaks four languages. Far from being a race baiter, she is one of the most compassionate people I'vw ever seen. You should know what you're talking about before you speak.

We have a long way to go becuase of people like you who twist the truth to make it what you want to make it. What special privileges do Blacks have?

Trayvon was exercising his rights too. He was walking home from the store and a stranger started following him. He exercised his right to protect himself.

twist the truth? you mean by admitting that zimm didn't know martin was black until martin confronted zimm? you mean like how martin had no idea zimm was armed until zimm had to protect his own life? you mean by admitting it was martin who was the vigilante and did NOT call the police, even though he had a cell phone and pretended to feel threatened?

you mean like showing how the black establishment has distorted ALL of the above to MAKE this a race issue, thus seeking privileges not warranted? and how martin somehow feeling "stalked" gives him some privilege that allowed him to violently attack another person who was exercising his rights??? you mean like that?

yes, we DO have a long way to go when a black man or women feel they can assault citizens who are EXERCISING THEIR RIGHTS UNDER THE CONSTITUTION. i had to cap that so you might be better able to grasp my point

Rightwingers are obsessed with race. As you can see it's pretty much all they can talk about. Oh and everybody else is the racist, not them. ;)

i have already addressed your lie little boy. run along and demand attention from ppl who don't realize you are such a phucking moron

• Downvote 1

So true!

so false! but please tell me how the black caucus is not racist? this should be good.

how about black history month?

how about affirmative action?

how about all the black rappers and even community leaders calling for "kill"ing "whitey"?

please come back when you are not a parroting drone non thinking moron. thanks!

twist the truth? you mean by admitting that zimm didn't know martin was black until martin confronted zimm? you mean like how martin had no idea zimm was armed until zimm had to protect his own life? you mean by admitting it was martin who was the vigilante and did NOT call the police, even though he had a cell phone and pretended to feel threatened?

you mean like showing how the black establishment has distorted ALL of the above to MAKE this a race issue, thus seeking privileges not warranted? and how martin somehow feeling "stalked" gives him some privilege that allowed him to violently attack another person who was exercising his rights??? you mean like that?

yes, we DO have a long way to go when a black man or women feel they can assault citizens who are EXERCISING THEIR RIGHTS UNDER THE CONSTITUTION. i had to cap that so you might be better able to grasp my point. I am a dumb ass prick. I'm trying my best to jusify the murder of a 17 year old boy by a lowlife racist. I know he was stalked and then killed. I'm just playing dumb.

i have already addressed your lie little boy. run along and demand attention from ppl who don't realize you are such a phucking moron

so false! but please tell me how the black caucus is not racist? this should be good.

how about black history month?

how about affirmative action?

how about all the black rappers and even community leaders calling for "kill"ing "whitey"?

please come back when you are not a parroting drone non thinking moron. thanks!

I really don't feel like talking to a dumbf-- tonight. Maybe some other time.

It really irritates me when people pretend like they don't know American history. They act like they don't know why Black History Month and affirmative action are needed. The reason they are needed is because of the horrible racism Blacks have suffered from. No other group of people (except maybe Native Americans) have been oppressed like Black people.

in that case, you should avoid all liberals and progressives

And your dumba--!

It really irritates me when people pretend like they don't know American history. They act like they don't know why Black History Month and affirmative action are needed. The reason they are needed is because of the horrible racism Blacks have suffered from. No other group of people (except maybe Native Americans) have been oppressed like Black people.

And your dumba--!

yes. it is true that blacks and the portuguese enslaved other blacks and sold them to one of the first slave holders in america-a black man. yes, lets talk history.

do you realize the cost of buying a slave in todays dollars is about 100,000 dollars? you suppose they were treated badly? those many slaves who wrote books on islam, held muslim services and who taught the masters children?

who is oppressing blacks? blacks. who is killing hundreds of blacks in chicago and new york and detroid? blacks. who has convinced blacks they cannot make it on a level playing field, and so must have a handicap which continues to tell them they are exactly as the idiot kikkers say they are? BLACKS and LIBERALS!

as i have already said, come back when you are educated, can think, and not parrot the swill you have been fed. thanks!

yes. it is true that blacks and the portuguese enslaved other blacks and sold them to one of the first slave holders in america-a black man. yes, lets talk history.

do you realize the cost of buying a slave in todays dollars is about 100,000 dollars? you suppose they were treated badly? those many slaves who wrote books on islam, held muslim services and who taught the masters children?

who is oppressing blacks? blacks. who is killing hundreds of blacks in chicago and new york and detroid? blacks. who has convinced blacks they cannot make it on a level playing field, and so must have a handicap which continues to tell them they are exactly as the idiot kikkers say they are? BLACKS and LIBERALS!

as i have already said, come back when you are educated, can think, and not parrot the swill you have been fed. thanks!

Come back when YOU are educated. All the crap you are talking about is a LIE. You lie because you suffer from guilt. Sorry.

and btw,its "you're" not your, moron

Thank you. You're a dumba--!

Come back when YOU are educated. All the crap you are talking about is a LIE. You lie because you suffer from guilt. Sorry.

Thank you. You're a dumba--!

actually no, what i have posted is the truth. i am sorry you don't like the truth, and that it clashes with the lies you have been spoon fed and continue to parrot. i can lead you to knowledge, but i cannot make you think.

as i have said, when you are educated, and can think, and dont parrot your pap, please get back to me. thank you. oh, and in the future when you futiley try to insult my superior intelligence and knowledge, at least bring some for yourself to demonstrate so you won't look like a complete fool again.

actually no, what i have posted is the truth. i am sorry you don't like the truth, and that it clashes with the lies you have been spoon fed and continue to parrot. i can lead you to knowledge, but i cannot make you think.

as i have said, when you are educated, and can think, and dont parrot your pap, please get back to me. thank you. oh, and in the future when you futiley try to insult my dumb ignorant azz please go easy on me. I'm one of those educated fools. I think I know shit but I really don't. Have a nice day.

as i have said, when you are educated, and can think, and dont parrot your pap, please get back to me. thank you. oh, and in the future when you futiley try to insult my dumb ignorant azz please go easy on me. I'm one of those educated fools. I think I know shit but I really don't. Have a nice day.

It's OK. Vincpuzzy. I understand. :)

as i have said, when you are educated, and can think, and dont parrot your pap, please get back to me. thank you. oh, and in the future when you futiley try to insult my superior intelligence and knowledge, at least bring some for yourself to demonstrate so you won't look like a complete fool again.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's OK. Vincpuzzy. I understand. :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

actually, no you understand very little. the fact that you had to try and fail to insult my superior position indicates your lack of grasp clearly. you are now dismissed as having no value in this discussion. thank you for playing, and thank you for revealing your willful ignorance and mediocrity.

actually, no you understand very little. the fact that you had to try and fail to insult my superior position indicates your lack of grasp clearly. you are now dismissed as having no value in this discussion. thank you for playing, and thank you for revealing your willful ignorance and mediocrity.

May I be excused now Professor Puzzy? Is class over? LOL! You are more fun than a barrell of monkeys :D:D:D What is pi minus ~ ?