I am getting a gun

no my balls did not fall off...I dont need anything for protection.

mainly I am bored...and about the only thing to do in Iowa is get drunk and shoot things. (usually have the dunk part covered)

so on thursday (after my 3 day waiting period) I will get a 9mm.

a redneck buddy o mine is taking me to his NRA sanctioned gun range this weekend to try it out ( I fear for my anal virginity...but I will be armed)

so if after i get this, if I start praising the intellegence of assholes like glenn beck and rush limpballs...you will know why

mainly I am bored...and about the only thing to do in Iowa is get drunk and shoot things. (usually have the dunk part covered)

a redneck buddy o mine is taking me to his NRA sanctioned gun range this weekend to try it out ( I fear for my anal virginity...but I will be armed)

so if after i get this, if I start praising the intellegence of assholes like glenn beck and rush limpballs...you will know why

Get your CCW as soon as possible.

It's now open season on Black children who happen to wear hoodies at night.

I hear some states will pay a bounty...

cc

cc

Yeah, a LOT of blacks are claiming that bounty on other blacks in Chicago every night but we don't hear much about it.

What creates boredom? Waiting to be taken care of, i.e. rescued by societal evolution..

Have you decided on a specific gun? It's too bad you have to wait 3 days to get it though... were you here in Idaho, you could walk out with your gun immediately after your online background check was completed.

What creates boredom? Waiting to be taken care of, i.e. rescued by societal evolution..

Probably corn fields.

cc

No, it's "Whitey, take your beatdown, go home, suck your thumb, tell Mommy, and STFU!"...except it didn't work this time. Thank God...we've got enough of that going on day after day as it is.

Don't go buying a gun without shooting it first

All ranges should have guns you can rent, around here it's ten bucks for a half hour

Find one that fits your hand, one that you can manipulate safely, and one you can hit a target with

Nothing worse than spending five hundred dollars on cute little carry gun, only to find out it's so small it wants to fly out of your hand when you shoot it, or one that is so big it's hurts after a few dozen founds, unless it's spending a grand for the same thing.

Use your head, get some training, and welcome to a new hobby.

I think you're gonna like it

9mm is a good choice for just shooting. Some will say get a 45 but I wouldn't. 9mm amo is cheaper and is easy to shoot, not that a 45 isn't easy but for just punching holes, 9mm is a good buy. The only problem with buying a pistol to shoot is you quickly realize you should have gotten a rifle. They are so much more satifying at trying to make 1" groups at 200 yards than at 25 feet with a pistol. You can get a Remington 700 ADL with a scope for $450. Mine is in .308. Yeah the scope is cheap and the rings are garbage but slap on some nice Burris rings and a better scope later on and it will be a nice gun. You could change the stock for better accurace later on for about $150. Boyds makes nice stocks.

Oh and there isn't a 3 day waiting period on rifles. At least none that I know of in Iowa.

Any way happy shooting.

Me, I'm more of a freight train type of guy; so, .45 - .44 magnum ( .44 special ).

They are over-rated for punching paper. Yeah they are fun but you don't want to shoot a magnum load for that long. I sure don't. I like to shoot my 10/22 for hours at 200 yards. Love it. Then I'll bring out the big boys later cuz they cost more to run.

All ranges should have guns you can rent, around here it's ten bucks for a half hour

Find one that fits your hand, one that you can manipulate safely, and one you can hit a target with

Nothing worse than spending five hundred dollars on cute little carry gun, only to find out it's so small it wants to fly out of your hand when you shoot it, or one that is so big it's hurts after a few dozen founds, unless it's spending a grand for the same thing.

This is good advice. Sometimes a gun is higly rated and may be awesome but it just doesn't feel right in your hands. Usually you can pay the range fee and rental fee and rent all the guns they have. You just have to buy their ammo.

9mm is a good choice for just shooting. Some will say get a 45 but I wouldn't. 9mm amo is cheaper and is easy to shoot, not that a 45 isn't easy but for just punching holes, 9mm is a good buy. The only problem with buying a pistol to shoot is you quickly realize you should have gotten a rifle. They are so much more satifying at trying to make 1" groups at 200 yards than at 25 feet with a pistol. You can get a Remington 700 ADL with a scope for $450. Mine is in .308. Yeah the scope is cheap and the rings are garbage but slap on some nice Burris rings and a better scope later on and it will be a nice gun. You could change the stock for better accurace later on for about $150. Boyds makes nice stocks.

Oh and there isn't a 3 day waiting period on rifles. At least none that I know of in Iowa.

Any way happy shooting.

They are over-rated for punching paper. Yeah they are fun but you don't want to shoot a magnum load for that long. I sure don't. I like to shoot my 10/22 for hours at 200 yards. Love it. Then I'll bring out the big boys later cuz they cost more to run.

This is good advice. Sometimes a gun is higly rated and may be awesome but it just doesn't feel right in your hands. Usually you can pay the range fee and rental fee and rent all the guns they have. You just have to buy their ammo.

I have two 03 Springfields, one still packed in cosmoline. The other still full military. A bit heavy; but what an accurate rifle ( iron sights only ). Pistols?? Been shooting all my life; and not to brag, but I am a damn good pistol shot. 1 gallon milk jugs at 100 feet; and that takes time and practice. Under 100 feet, a piece of cake.

You can go to the gun range and shoot at Treyvon targets. That will get you into the Rethuglican Redneck club! :P

It's too bad you have to wait 3 days to get it though... were you here in Idaho, you could walk out with your gun immediately after your online background check was completed.

Yeah 3 days is an eternity when you want a gun for target practice but a not a problem when a woman wants an abortion before the embryo develops any further.

I have two 03 Springfields, one still packed in cosmoline. The other still full military. A bit heavy; but what an accurate rifle ( iron sights only ). Pistols?? Been shooting all my life; and not to brag, but I am a damn good pistol shot. 1 gallon milk jugs at 100 feet; and that takes time and practice. Under 100 feet, a piece of cake.

Very nice. I'm jelly and the Springfield.

WRT to pistol shooting. I am crappy. I am ok for self defenses shooting but that's it. I am pretty good at 200 to 400 yards on my .308 though. Of course rifles are easier to shoot.

I have looked at a few...I like the glock 19, but fukn expencive!

there is but one indoor gun range that rents arounhd here..and the selection is pathetic

Any way happy shooting.

I have had 5 surgeries on my right shoulder, so shotguns or big rifles are out.

thats why I am going with a handgun

there is but one indoor gun range that rents arounhd here..and the selection is pathetic

At seventeen degrees on the grip, it's different from most other guns out there

Make sure it's comfortable in your hand and you can hit what you are aiming for

S&W makes MPs that are more comfortable, IMO, and sell them for less money

A cop friend that I shoot with always shoots high with a Glock because of that, when he practices his draw and shoot drills.

Just food for thought.

Stay safe,,,,

I have had 5 surgeries on my right shoulder, so shotguns or big rifles are out.

thats why I am going with a handgun

I hear ya. I will say get a nice .22 rifle. They are cheaper to shoot than pistols and more fun. You don't have to put the butt of the gun against your shoulder. You can set it on top, though the recoil is pretty much nuthing even if you want to put it against your shoulder. My dad has long time shoulder problems and he loves shooting .22 rifles. My son's xt-22 is a great gun.

if you dont practice your rights...you lose your rights. we need to worry about our free speech rights. political correctness is killing this country..

Glad to see you are going to start hanging around a better and more intelligent crowd.

Dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres.

Glad to see you are going to start hanging around a better and more intelligent crowd.

Dime con quien andas y te dire quien eres.

aparently you have not met too many of the rednecks from Iowa

great drinking buddies, but kind of light on inspired thought