Republicans Pressured To Back LGBT Workplace Protections

Republicans are going kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

ENDA Vote: Key Republicans Pressured To Back LGBT Workplace Protections

WASHINGTON -- With a Senate committee set to vote on the Employment Non-Discrimination Act on Wednesday, supporters are focusing these final hours on convincing a few additional Republicans to join Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) and the 12 committee Democrats, giving the measure a strong bipartisan backing.

Tico Almeida, founder of Freedom to Work, an organization dedicated to banning workplace harassment and discrimination against LGBT individuals, identified several possible Republican supporters on Monday. Almeida named Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) as potential backers, along with Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Orrin Hatch (R-Utah).

All are members of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, which will mark up ENDA on Wednesday morning. The bill would make workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity illegal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/09/enda-vote_n_3565998.html

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a fair number of gays at my place of employment, they are treated as equals, that being said, a few have been fired for sexual harassment. Straight people do not appreciate being hit on, and are filing complaints. All I can say is good, a workplace is about doing a job, not for promoting their lifestyle.

There are a fair number of gays at my place of employment, they are treated as equals, that being said, a few have been fired for sexual harassment. Straight people do not appreciate being hit on, and are filing complaints. All I can say is good, a workplace is about doing a job, not for promoting their lifestyle.

Skeppy always thinks he has a zinger of a thread....... You shut him up pretty quick! :D

Republicans are going kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

ENDA Vote: Key Republicans Pressured To Back LGBT Workplace Protections

WASHINGTON -- With a Senate committee set to vote on the Employment Non-Discrimination Act on Wednesday, supporters are focusing these final hours on convincing a few additional Republicans to join Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) and the 12 committee Democrats, giving the measure a strong bipartisan backing.

One Republican is now considered "strong bipartisan backing". :rolleyes:

Strange how Democrats are pushing bills they know will die in the house, instead of focusing on jobs.

Not surprised you missed the whole point of the thread.

It's workplace protections FOR LGBT's not against them.

Duh.

One Republican is now considered "strong bipartisan backing". :rolleyes:

Strange how Democrats are pushing bills they know will die in the house, instead of focusing on jobs.

No not one. Try reading again. Your home schooling education fails you again.

Skeppy always thinks he has a zinger of a thread....... You shut him up pretty quick! :D

He misunderstood the OP. And you back him up.

How funny is that !

No not one. Try reading again. Your home schooling education fails you again.

"...supporters are focusing these final hours on convincing a few additional Republicans to join Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) and the 12 committee Democrats, giving the measure a strong bipartisan backing."

I always get a kick out of reading sources you link to, that you obviously haven't read yourself.

"...supporters are focusing these final hours on convincing a few additional Republicans to join Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) and the 12 committee Democrats, giving the measure a strong bipartisan backing."

Tico Almeida, founder of Freedom to Work, an organization dedicated to banning workplace harassment and discrimination against LGBT individuals, identified several possible Republican supporters on Monday. Almeida named Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) as potential backers, along with Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Orrin Hatch (R-Utah).

not a good day for Goofy.

Since religious based exemptions intact, WHY on earth wouldn't any Senator vote for what is antidiscriminatory and a matter of basic decency?

Well...we do know how republicans roll.

I think the wingnuts are starting to give up on the GOP. The country has so it's time to join in.

In your dreams the majority of Americas are againtst gay marriage but the lying liberal media machine is lying and trying to fool us by telling the same patheological lies enough times infact did you knoe most blacks as and Hispanics are against gay marriage?

In your dreams the majority of Americas are againtst gay marriage but the lying liberal media machine is lying and trying to fool us by telling the same patheological lies enough times infact did you knoe most blacks as and Hispanics are against gay marriage?

Poll: Support for gay marriage hits high after ruling

Since religious based exemptions intact, WHY on earth wouldn't any Senator vote for what is antidiscriminatory and a matter of basic decency?

Those are the people they are trying to convince to join them, you moron.

Holy crap, are you really this stupid, or are you just trying to embarrass liberals?

Here's the rest of it ...

"I have concerns about it but I also think that the language in there is really good language," he added.

Alexander told HuffPost that he does not plan on supporting the bill.

"I don't expect to vote for it, but I expect it to pass out of committee," Alexander said.

Murkowski refused to give a definitive response, saying, "I want to take a look at the amendments in committee."

Activists were hopeful about her support, in light of the fact that she recently came out for marriage equality.

On Tuesday afternoon, however, Burr appeared to be against the bill. When asked by The Huffington Post whether he backed ENDA, he replied, "I do not. I haven't supported it in the past."

One LGBT advocate close to the negotiations, who requested anonymity to speak openly, said there was a possibility that Burr may not show up on Wednesday to avoid having to cast a vote. Burr's office did not return a request for additional comment.

I think he understands it quite well and gave a good reply to your BS....

Parajabaea:

Those are the people they are trying to convince to join them, you moron.

Holy crap, are you really this stupid, or are you just trying to embarrass liberals?

read the title of the thread, you fu-cking stupid ass liar.

Republicans pressured.

goofball goes down for the count once again.

Leave it to septic to worry about trannies and fags.

Really? Gays make up what a 1% percent of the population? 1% percent of the population gets all this attention why? Transgender people seriously wtf is wrong with you man. A dude dressing as a woman dosent seem odd to you? You want that transgender person working with kids in a daycare?

You are a sick fùcking person...

I think he understands it quite well and gave a good reply to your BS....

My BS? lol

By an unprecedented 55%-40%, Americans say marriages between same-sex couples should be recognized by law as valid, with the same rights of traditional marriage.

The lowly cons are behind the 8 ball once again.

Leave it to septic to worry about trannies and fags. Really? Gays make up what a 1% percent of the population? 1% percent of the population gets all this attention why? Transgender people seriously wtf is wrong with you man. A dude dressing as a woman dosent seem odd to you? You want that transgender person working with kids in a daycare? You are a sick fùcking person...

You're either for freedom for all people or you're not.

You make it very clear you're against freedom for americans.

if this was 1964, the conservatives would be saying," You're a sick fu-ck if you think negroes deserve equal rights."

Actually it was Democrats that were filibustering equal rights for Negroes.

Once again, we see how our public education system has failed our people.

read the title of the thread, you fu-cking stupid ass liar.

Republicans pressured.

goofball goes down for the count once again.

Yes, dumbass... Republicans being pressured. ONE Republican is currently said he will vote for it.

This is described by you as "strong bipartisan backing".

You've become a joke man. Read your sources before you post them, dumbass.

This is tired old schtick. The Dixiecrats turned into the republican party. Your home schooling fails you again.

Hysterical you don't know this.

It's always been LIBERALS fighting for equality and ALWAYS been conservatives fighting against it.

Talk about a know it all and he doesn't even know this? And you profess to have taught school?.........With liberal retards such as you no wonder kids are so f'd up today. You libers have been poisoning young minds since 1964.

Gov Wallace bringing the national Guard to stop a negro from entering doors of Alabama University.

Another conservative freedom fighter in Goofy's book.

You are too stupid for words.

Talk about a know it all and he doesn't even know this? And you profess you taught school?.........With liberal retards such as you no wonder kids are so f'd up today. You libers have been poisoning young minds since 1964.

See post #23, dunce.

image.jpg

More conservatives fighting for equal rights !

ROFLMAO