Still Want to Ban Guns? Gun Grabbers In Australia!

A well oiled, well maintained rape whistle is all an honest citizen wants or needs. If you own a gun, that's the same as telling the police they have a right to be lazy: "No biggie - that guy can handle it." I prefer to remain unarmed and force their hand, those darned lazy cops.

Safe zones and rape whistles - crime's worst enemy.

A well oiled, well maintained rape whistle is all an honest citizen wants or needs. If you own a gun, that's the same as telling the police they have a right to be lazy: "No biggie - that guy can handle it." I prefer to remain unarmed and force their hand, those darned lazy cops.

Safe zones and rape whistles - crime's worst enemy.

What makes you think the Kops give a fuck about the citizens that they routinely brutalize? Cops show up after the crime is committed.

Cops rarely serve and protect in most departments these days.

If someone invades my home they will leave in a body bag or maimed.

What makes you think the Kops give a fuck about the citizens that they routinely brutalize? Cops show up after the crime is committed.

Cops rarely serve and protect in most departments these days.

If someone invades my home they will leave in a body bag or maimed.

Rape whistles are very shrill and can damage ear drums. THAT should repel any sane, thoughtful home invader.

My wife's 9mm will respond to a criminal faster than any police officer can. I am getting a .40 and a CCW, and that will also respond faster than any police office can. With the way the society is going, you are at great risk if your home is not alarmed and armed.

In Australia, when ( within a year of the gun confiscation ) the crime rate began to rocket; the feckin liberal idiots who proposed the ban , said, it was too soon to blame the rising crime rate on the gun ban. Do some people actually work at stupidity?

My wife's 9mm will respond to a criminal faster than any police officer can. I am getting a .40 and a CCW, and that will also respond faster than any police office can. With the way the society is going, you are at great risk if your home is not alarmed and armed.

http://phys.org/news/2013-01-faking-nra-pro-gun-americans-abuse.html

Making it up

If all else fails, there is a remarkably simple solution. Just make up some numbers. Over 300,000 people have recently viewed copies of an NRA tabloid infomercial which claims

"[Australian] gun murders increased 19%."

This is just plain wrong.

However, inventing numbers is a remarkably effective approach, and isn't limited to the Internet. If you lie, how many people will check your numbers? If the lie is caught, how will that be communicated to your audience?

For the record, in Australia firearms are now used less in robberies, homicides and kidnappings than they were in the 1990s.

Back to reality

So what is the reality? Homicide and suicide rates have declined in Australia since the 1990s. Deaths results from firearms have plunged even more dramatically. In Australia, mass shootings similar to Port Arthur, Hoddle Street and Strathfield have not occurred for over a decade.

and ...

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/16/howard-yes-we-were-stunned-by-gun-law-effect/

Howard: Yes, we were stunned by gun law effect

Watch the full interview on GPS this Sunday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET on CNN

Fareed Zakaria speaks with former Australian Prime Minister John Howard about the impact of gun legislation introduced by his government.

The results are actually quite stunning. The reduction in the rate of gun-related homicide in Australia is 59 percent, if you look at some statistics. By some statistics it's down 80 percent. Gun-related suicide...

Oh, yes.

…65 percent. These numbers must stun even you.

They did. And the issue has been surveyed and researched now over quite a long period of time. So even the most conservative researchers would acknowledge that a group surveyed over such a long period of time producing figures like that, it must mean that the change was beneficial.

And it was not just murders, but when I became prime minister in '96, Australia had one of the highest young male suicide rates in the world.

By removing a lot of weapons, particularly in rural areas. The bush as we call it. The potential for young men feeling desperate – and so many of them may have a snap point – and if there's a gun available, it's easy to give effect to their sense of depression and despair. It's a lot harder when you have to use another method to end your life.

dear allah, please send a chechyn terrorist to cut the head off of trevor griffin.

Making it up

If all else fails, there is a remarkably simple solution. Just make up some numbers. Over 300,000 people have recently viewed copies of an NRA tabloid infomercial which claims

However, inventing numbers is a remarkably effective approach, and isn't limited to the Internet. If you lie, how many people will check your numbers? If the lie is caught, how will that be communicated to your audience?

For the record, in Australia firearms are now used less in robberies, homicides and kidnappings than they were in the 1990s.

Back to reality

So what is the reality? Homicide and suicide rates have declined in Australia since the 1990s. Deaths results from firearms have plunged even more dramatically. In Australia, mass shootings similar to Port Arthur, Hoddle Street and Strathfield have not occurred for over a decade.

and ...

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/16/howard-yes-we-were-stunned-by-gun-law-effect/

Fareed Zakaria speaks with former Australian Prime Minister John Howard about the impact of gun legislation introduced by his government.

The results are actually quite stunning. The reduction in the rate of gun-related homicide in Australia is 59 percent, if you look at some statistics. By some statistics it's down 80 percent. Gun-related suicide...

Oh, yes.

They did. And the issue has been surveyed and researched now over quite a long period of time. So even the most conservative researchers would acknowledge that a group surveyed over such a long period of time producing figures like that, it must mean that the change was beneficial.

And it was not just murders, but when I became prime minister in '96, Australia had one of the highest young male suicide rates in the world.

By removing a lot of weapons, particularly in rural areas. The bush as we call it. The potential for young men feeling desperate – and so many of them may have a snap point – and if there's a gun available, it's easy to give effect to their sense of depression and despair. It's a lot harder when you have to use another method to end your life.

dear allah, please kill this piece of crap...do it with your own two hands.

i hope you die of rectal cancer you fu ck hole

I have a coach gun too. Target loads are for pussies :)

Try 3" magnums (that's what mine is chambered for). If you want to impress a youtube crowd watch THAT fucker dance.

Still it's a nice video. I'm just giving you crap for the hell of it.

You hurt yourself with 3" 00 buckshot loads. Have to shoot from the hip and take the kick in your arms, don't fight it.

Try 3" magnums (that's what mine is chambered for). If you want to impress a youtube crowd watch THAT fucker dance.

You hurt yourself with 3" 00 buckshot loads. Have to shoot from the hip and take the kick in your arms, don't fight it.

00 Buck, or if you reload, broken glass. Then there are flechette rounds

• Anyway, always better to have a gun & not need it, than to need a gun & not have it.

Funny, I have a Mossberg 500; but the 12 gauge side X side is definitely more intimidating.

00 Buck, or if you reload, broken glass. Then there are flechette rounds

• Anyway, always better to have a gun & not need it, than to need a gun & not have it.

Funny, I have a Mossberg 500; but the 12 gauge side X side is definitely more intimidating.

A reload with broken glass and a slug with an old router bit. That is a good side by side! ;)

Making it up

Back to reality

and ...

Oh, yes.

Hmmmmmm; and yet , when that top Australian law enforcement official was interviewed, he stated crime was increasing dramatically. Go figure.

• 2 weeks later...

In Australia, when ( within a year of the gun confiscation ) the crime rate began to rocket; the feckin liberal idiots who proposed the ban , said, it was too soon to blame the rising crime rate on the gun ban. Do some people actually work at stupidity?

You are merely encouraging the police to be lazy, by going armed. They'll say, "Oh, that guy has it - he's armed, let him handle the crimes in his vicinity."

I use a rape whistle, which forces the police to snap-to, and do their job.

So representatives from the government that introduced the gun-control legislation thinks it's working great, while the NRA thinks it's actually increased gun-related crime.

I didn't expect the debate to shake down like this.