It would seem that the 'ruling class' is crooked.

I love it when a peer-reviewed study confirms my long-held prejudices.

This reveals a truth, and a conundrum.

The ruling elite cannot be trusted because GREED IS GOOD.

Why, in the name of the weeping Jesus, do people vote for them?

Abstract

Seven studies using experimental and naturalistic methods reveal that upper-class individuals behave more unethically than lower-class individuals. In studies 1 and 2, upper-class individuals were more likely to break the law while driving, relative to lower-class individuals. In follow-up laboratory studies, upper-class individuals were more likely to exhibit unethical decision-making tendencies (study 3), take valued goods from others (study 4), lie in a negotiation (study 5), cheat to increase their chances of winning a prize (study 6), and endorse unethical behavior at work (study 7) than were lower-class individuals. Mediator and moderator data demonstrated that upper-class individuals’ unethical tendencies are accounted for, in part, by their more favorable attitudes toward greed.

From http://www.pnas.org/content/109/11/4086.short

cc

Abstract

cc

Truth in reality or honesty for real, which are you going to believe and which are you going to deny? in either choice an individual hasn't and won't accept real..

Because every body demands "prove real absolutely" while denial is a character's right by law from all sides of societal evolution.

C'mon, boys. This is serious.

The very same patricians y'all stand in line to fellate will steal the condom out of your wallet.

cc

Jumping to conclusions again, unless your denial is a leap of faith?

by the way what goes between ruling elites and ruled classifications?

cc

Why do people vote for them? It seems you have discovered the inverse relationship between ethical behavior and intelligence.

Your post suggests that greed confers rewards and that eithical people vote for unethical people as leaders. So, which group is more intelligent?

The same pattern is clearly visible at the species level. Consider how would you rank homo sapiens, chimpanzees, and 'goldfish' for ethical behavior and intelligence.

You can't fight evolution.

"It would seem that the 'ruling class' is crooked."

No! You don't say? Show some sign you recognize it's Friday, and you may gain the notoriety of being a knowledgeable person around here! (Just keep your sentences fragmented, work at appearing semi-literate, display some capacity for a pubescent emotional imbalance, and nobody will notice.)

"It would seem that the 'ruling class' is crooked."

No! You don't say? Show some sign you recognize it's Friday, and you may gain the notoriety of being a knowledgeable person around here! (Just keep your sentences fragmented, work at appearing semi-literate, display some capacity for a pubescent emotional imbalance, and nobody will notice.)

"pubescent emotional imbalance"?

Is that bad?

It sounds bad.

cc

"pubescent emotional imbalance"?

Is that bad?

It sounds bad.

cc

I suppose it depends on your viewpoint. I'd say it's bad, complete emotional immaturity, unworthy of adults, but, to many here, it's normal discourse. (Anger management = managing incessant anger.)

I suppose it depends on your viewpoint. I'd say it's bad, complete emotional immaturity, unworthy of adults, but, to many here, it's normal discourse. (Anger management = managing incessant anger.)

I think that a little anger helps us get through reading some of the more cluelesser posts here.

One problem: I can't always tell the difference, reading some posts, between rage and borderline illiteracy.

I love a good rant as much as the next man, but it helps if I can actually understand it.

cc

Abstract

Seven studies using experimental and naturalistic methods reveal that upper-class individuals behave more unethically than lower-class individuals. In studies 1 and 2, upper-class individuals were more likely to break the law while driving, relative to lower-class individuals. In follow-up laboratory studies, upper-class individuals were more likely to exhibit unethical decision-making tendencies (study 3), take valued goods from others (study 4), lie in a negotiation (study 5), cheat to increase their chances of winning a prize (study 6), and endorse unethical behavior at work (study 7) than were lower-class individuals. Mediator and moderator data demonstrated that upper-class individuals’ unethical tendencies are accounted for, in part, by their more favorable attitudes toward greed.

cc

You needed a study to confirm this?

Did you not attend high school and see the difference in attitudes between yourself and the children of wealthier individuals(depending upon your age)? I live in a formerly blue collar industrial town that exploded into a haven for white collar studio folks a couple decades ago, which meant that my high school had a very stark contrast in social status and attitudes.

There were the "rich" preppy kids who had parents that worked all the time and compensated by giving them whatever they wanted, who constantly reminded teachers and administrators of what their parents would do if they didn't make a team, failed a class, etc, and then there were the kids of the blue collar men that had multiple generations in the city(such as myself), who resolved most of my issues by reminding my teachers and or principal about how they went to high school with my parents.

I think that a little anger helps us get through reading some of the more cluelesser posts here.

One problem: I can't always tell the difference, reading some posts, between rage and borderline illiteracy.

I love a good rant as much as the next man, but it helps if I can actually understand it.

cc

Maybe you're over-analyzing the situation, looking for the difference. It's been my experience that, in the vast majority of cases, it's borderline illiterate rage.

Whatever the case, seeking to understand it is futile. Better to gather you're children, show them all these posts, and warn how this could be them in a few years, if they don't do their homework. Some would call it child abuse, but I'd call it tough love.

Abstract

cc

Wow.....this describes uppity Obama to a tee! Nice find!

Abstract

cc

Just watch American Greed on MSNBC. Ponzi schemes are the crime of the rich. Take money from Gramma's 401K and use it to by a yacht. Steal money from charities and use it to buy a new mansion.

There were a record number of Wall Street arrests for ponzi schemes during the Duh-bayuh administration because Delirious George shredded Wall Street financial regulations. All of these ponze schemes also contributed to the economic collapse. THANKS AGAIN REPUBLICANS!

Isn't Barack Obama the de facto leader of the ruling class?

Pretty much. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Interestingly, over the 7 years democrats have controlled Washington D.C., the poor have gotten poorer and the rich have gotten richer.

Democrats=party of the rich/elites. Don't tell that to their dopey worshippers though. :ph34r::ph34r:

Pretty much. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Interestingly, over the 7 years democrats have controlled Washington D.C., the poor have gotten poorer and the rich have gotten richer.

Democrats=party of the rich/elites. Don't tell that to their dopey worshippers though. :ph34r::ph34r:

And eneMan forgets about Boner and the Filibuster.

I think the fumes are beginning to turn his brain to caca.

cc

And eneMan forgets about Boner and the Filibuster.

I think the fumes are beginning to turn his brain to caca.

cc

Poor dopey cc incapable of admitting democratic politicians are no different than republican politicians. :lol::lol: :lol:

I'll pray for some intellect and wisdom to be granted to you since you won't be pulling any out of your ass any time soon.

Hallmarks of psychopathy

1. Reckless, thrill seeking behaviour

2. Lying even when the truth would suit them better, for the joy of deceiving

3. Shallow and superficial emotions

4. Unable to empathize

Studies have shown that only about 1% of the population is a psychopath. In prison populations, its more like 20% to 30%. In top executive positions of corporations, it's about 4%

Read: Snakes in Suits. Fascinating Book