who killed glass steagall?

I know who it was. The death of glass steagall is at the heart of the economic implosion. I love seeing dems and repubs argue though so please come with your best spinning abilities. By the way Ron Paul didn't vote to kill glass steagall, just thought I would remind you guys of that fact.ok have at it....

I know who it was. The death of glass steagall is at the heart of the economic implosion. I love seeing dems and repubs argue though so please come with your best spinning abilities. By the way Ron Paul didn't vote to kill glass steagall, just thought I would remind you guys of that fact.ok have at it....

The repeal was signed by Bill Clinton at the behest of Phil Gramm and others in the Republican caucus that pushed for it's repeal. Republicans had been pushing for it's repeal the day FDR signed it into law. If you thought you were going to lay this at Clintons feet, the truth is it was 99% repealed by Republicans, and Clinton's signature amounted to 1% of it's repeal. And it's repeal was an unmitigated disaster, clearly showing Republican economic policy is equally disastrous. Not only should Glass Steagall be brought back, but a far more stringent form of it. Complete with criminal penalties that are strictly enforced that include long prison sentences and asset forfeiture.

Ultimately the repeal of Glass-Steagall falls on Bill Clinton as only he voluntarily signed the legislation to repeal. He could have vetoed and sent it back to have his veto overridden.

The repeal of Glass-Steagall had little to do with the market crash, the main cause lies on the ignorance and greed of the individual.

The repeal was signed by Bill Clinton at the behest of Phil Gramm and others in the Republican caucus that pushed for it's repeal. Republicans had been pushing for it's repeal the day FDR signed it into law. If you thought you were going to lay this at Clintons feet, the truth is it was 99% repealed by Republicans, and Clinton's signature amounted to 1% of it's repeal. And it's repeal was an unmitigated disaster, clearly showing Republican economic policy is equally disastrous. Not only should Glass Steagall be brought back, but a far more stringent form of it. Complete with criminal penalties that are strictly enforced that include long prison sentences and asset forfeiture.

I never said it was all slick Willy now did I? Besides your feeble attack on me I agree with that answer. Good job young man. I would add that repubs were more vocal about thier position as the dems kept there's on the downlow. Go look up the votes. It wasn't all repubs.

It was Phil Graham.

What a retard. Progressive logic at it's finest. If Clinton doesn't sign the bill it doesn't pass. That's 100% responsibility for it's repeal DUMBASS. :lol::lol: :lol: If the legislature passes it over his veto then he has 0% responsibility.

Who in this case is relative to social justification policy directing outcomes with planned obsolescence and plausible deniability, not actual a single ancestor did it.

that goes directly back to academics teaching economic evalutaion of getting ancestors to deny what real is in plain sight and punishing anyone not conforming to the symbolic trade of understanding the real moment to defending a preselected reality.

What a retard. Progressive logic at it's finest. If Clinton doesn't sign the bill it doesn't pass. That's 100% responsibility for it's repeal DUMBASS. :lol::lol: :lol: If the legislature passes it over his veto then he has 0% responsibility.

Glass-steagal came to Clinton with a veto- proof majority. Sure, technically he could have vetoed it, but that would serve no purpose.

G-l-b is a republican mistake which deems made the mistake of going along with.

To my knowledge, this dirtbag (Clinton, not Str8tedge, this time) was still defending the repeal of Glass-Steagall after the financial crisis happened.

To my knowledge, this dirtbag (Clinton, not Str8tedge, this time) was still defending the repeal of Glass-Steagall after the financial crisis happened.

That's okay, he can deny reality all he wants. The world knows better.