Cons in a Catch-22 Situation

They continue to bit-ch & moan about abortion but are powerless to change it. In order to nullify Roe v Wade, they would have to change the make up of the SC, & install right wing ideologues. In order for that to occur they would have start winning presidential elections.

In order for THAT to happen they'd have to stop alienating the very people that continue to vote against them.

Cons need the woman vote, but continue to wage war against their reproductive rights ! !

Now that is a true catch- 22 situation for them & there is no indication these low level thinkers are smart enough to find their way out of the corner they painted themselves into.

Sweet!

It is not a good time to be a conservative in America these days !!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They continue to bit-ch & moan about abortion but are powerless to change it. In order to nullify Roe v Wade, they would have to change the make up of the SC, & install right wing ideologues. In order for that to occur they would have start winning presidential elections.

In order for THAT to happen they'd have to stop alienating the very people that continue to vote against them.

Cons need the woman vote, but continue to wage war against their reproductive rights ! !

Now that is a true catch- 22 situation for them & there is no indication these low level thinkers are smart enough to find their way out of the corner they painted themselves into.

Sweet!

Sweet!

Sweet!

I still find it hilarious how you believe that the GOP will disappear and never win a Presidential election again.

So assuming that the GOP went extinct, who would you blame when you're in total control and the world isn't perfect, jobs are still being outsourced, and tens of millions of Americans are unemployed?

I still find it hilarious how you believe that the GOP will disappear and never win a Presidential election again.

So assuming that the GOP went extinct, who would you blame when you're in total control and the world isn't perfect, jobs are still being outsourced, and tens of millions of Americans are unemployed?

Did I say extinct liar? Are u unaware of losing the woman vote by double digits in nov?

Since then there has been more GOP governors that have enacted more draconian abortion laws . Your problem with women will get worse instead of better.

I can understand you trying to change the subject b/c you know you're fu-cked!

Poor ES, still living in a world of delusion.

I think this poor bastard actually believes his own propaganda.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/162548/americans-misjudge-abortion-views.aspx

Perception that pro-choice position dominates contrasts with even split in actual views

When asked how they think most Americans feel about the abortion issue, 51% of U.S. adults say the public is mostly "pro-choice," while 35% say "pro-life." This general perception that the pro-choice viewpoint prevails contrasts with the nearly even division of Americans' actual views. The same poll finds that 48% of Americans call themselves pro-life and 45% pro-choice.

Unsurprisingly the godless are most likely to be pro-abortion:

Americans who profess no religious identity are the most heavily pro-choice, at 80%, with 15% calling themselves pro-life. This group is followed by liberals and Democrats, among whom pro-choicers outnumber pro-lifers by at least 2-1.

I expect this thread to fall off the map shortly, b/c even the most thick headed cons realize they are fu-cked!

I expect it to because of who authored it,

Maybe my name will give it a boost,,,,,

Did I say extinct liar? Are u unaware of losing the woman vote by double digits in nov?

Since then there has been more GOP governors that have enacted more draconian abortion laws . Your problem with women will get worse instead of better.

I can understand you trying to change the subject b/c you know you're fu-cked!

Never winning a national election, which is exactly what you claimed in the OP, wouldn't result in the GOP becoming a regional, minority party that was powerless in Washington?

Also, if you're so certain that banning abortion is so impossible, why do you keep claiming that women will have their rights stripped away if Republicans are elected?

The GOP will continue to lose as long as the liberal gravy train keeps ro lling. Once he money runs out, dems will have a hard sell to minorities and the groups they have given the most benefits to over the years.

He can't answer it.....Skeppy's just a big bag of hot air waiting to escape... :D The only thing he know how to do is blame, he doesn't have the education or character to give you an honest answer.

Skeppy is a proven liar and racist...

Sweet!

You are obviously ignorant about Roe vs Wade. The Supreme Court left it open for congress creating a bill that the president would sign that would change the decision from just modifying it to eradicating it. Every time a bill is introduced the rabid left goes nuts wailing about how horrid it is.

Never winning a national election, which is exactly what you claimed in the OP, wouldn't result in the GOP becoming a regional, minority party that was powerless in Washington?

Also, if you're so certain that banning abortion is so impossible, why do you keep claiming that women will have their rights stripped away if Republicans are elected?

Ha Ha! Junker...Watch ol' skeppy spin...You asked a legit question to his scenario and all he has is uh, uh, Republicans are losing votes, I mean, uh....too funny!

Please explain what about prematurely ending the development of a fetus has anything to do with reproduction? Your statement should read: Cons need the woman vote, but continue to wage war against their fetal extermination rights! !

obamacare.jpg

Sweet!

Ignoring the fact that the country is more pro-life than ever.

Rotsa ruck running on the issue or protecting 3rd term abortions, i.e. infanticide.

This is what the woman who started it all has to say now.....

Here is how Ms. McCorvey feels about abortion today:

As the plaintiff in that infamous Supreme Court case Roe vs. Wade, my life has been inextricably tied to the abortion issue. I once told a reporter, "This issue is the only thing I live for. I live, eat, breathe, think everything about abortion."

Thirty-four years later, I am 100% pro-life.

The Supreme Court's recent decision to uphold the federal ban on partial-birth abortion is the first step in overturning Roe vs. Wade. Banning the procedure - an act of infanticide where a scissors is jammed into the base of the infant's skull, a tube inserted and its brain sucked out - is a sign the court has finally come to its senses.

The case of Roe vs. Wade (I took the pseudonym of Jane Roe to protect my identity) took three years to reach the United States Supreme Court, so I never had the abortion. In fact, I have given birth to three children, all of whom were placed for adoption.

The core of the landmark Roe vs. Wade decision is that abortions are permissible for any reason a woman chooses, up until the "point at which the fetus becomes 'viable,' that is, potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid. Viability is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks."

It might bother some that the story of my actual conversion does not mimic the intellectual engagement of Augustine's "take and read," Pascal's wager or C.S. Lewis' famous motorcycle ride. My disposition is somewhat simple.

I became very close to the young daughter of a friend who had considered abortion and I realized that "my law" (as I once fondly referred to Roe vs. Wade) could have snuffed out the life of this amazing little girl whom I had grown quite fond of. That, to me, was unacceptable.

Abortion should be unacceptable to anyone who professes to believe in God. If people pledge allegiance to a certain religion, they must honor all the tenets of their faith; picking and choosing only the rules that are easy to follow is cowardly and serves no one.

There are 4.1 million births in the United States every year; there are 1.3 million abortions annually. Roe vs. Wade is clearly working. But preserving a woman's right to choose continues to allow many women to use abortion as birth control. It has become easy and convenient. For a country that honors life, that is wrong. It is outrageous to me that some women can attest to having several abortions. That also is wrong. And immoral. The Supreme Court is right to have taken a stand for life.

Roe vs. Wade is clearly on its way out. The justices have given me hope that future generations will no longer be victims of this gruesome act.

Still, it will be an uphill battle. In New York, for example, Gov. Spitzer has introduced a bill that would keep abortion legal in the state. While some states, like Missouri, are moving to tighten restrictions on abortion, Spitzer's proposal would decriminalize abortion and make it solely a medical issue. In announcing his push to update New York's abortion law, the governor said, "Even if the Supreme Court does not understand the law, we do. New York State will continue to be a beacon of civil rights and protection of women's rights."

Spitzer is wrong. The ban on partial-birth abortion shows the Supreme Court finally does understand what is at stake. The justices' decision is a small step. But I have hope that in the very near future the Supreme Court will take the huge step necessary to preserve life and overturn Roe vs. Wade. It is the right thing to do. And it is time.

http://www.liberallyconservative.com/how-does-roe-feel-about-abortion/

Gee......maybe b/c most are against women's rights. Duh.

Rotsa ruck running on the issue or protecting 3rd term abortions, i.e. infanticide.

The current makeup of the SC has not changed Roe V. Wade. You'll have to win an election or two to possibly change it.

NO one is talking about 3rd term abortions liar.

I figured you'd need to lie to respond.

You are obviously ignorant about Roe vs Wade. The Supreme Court left it open for congress creating a bill that the president would sign that would change the decision from just modifying it to eradicating it. Every time a bill is introduced the rabid left goes nuts wailing about how horrid it is.

If I'm so ignorant about RVW why have you morons shot it down by now?>

False generalization....

obamacare.jpg

Explain why you lost the woman vote by double digits in Nov....and I guess you've been hiding behind the 8 ball on all your GOP governors restricting abortion rights.

Poor ES, still living in a world of delusion.

I think this poor bastard actually believes his own propaganda.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/162548/americans-misjudge-abortion-views.aspx

Perception that pro-choice position dominates contrasts with even split in actual views

When asked how they think most Americans feel about the abortion issue, 51% of U.S. adults say the public is mostly "pro-choice," while 35% say "pro-life." This general perception that the pro-choice viewpoint prevails contrasts with the nearly even division of Americans' actual views. The same poll finds that 48% of Americans call themselves pro-life and 45% pro-choice.

Unsurprisingly the godless are most likely to be pro-abortion:

Americans who profess no religious identity are the most heavily pro-choice, at 80%, with 15% calling themselves pro-life. This group is followed by liberals and Democrats, among whom pro-choicers outnumber pro-lifers by at least 2-1.

Gee.....with your polls you would think you would have been able to overturn RVW by now?

How come your side continues to fail?

You cons are hilarious.

Proof of the GOP War on Women - PoliticusUSA

Gee.....with your polls you would think you would have been able to overturn RVW by now?

LOL, your lies in the OP are eviscerated with facts, and THIS is your best response?

For a second there, I almost felt sorry for you, but then I started laughing so hard that I got over it.

Proof of the GOP War on Women

MisogynyFlag-300x2101.jpg

Conservatives like to pretend there is no war on women, so PoliticusUSA developed a running list of legislation to prove that there is indeed a war on women. The proof is in the policy, and policy trumps words.

Included in Hrafnkell Haraldsson’s monthly updates to the “Dirty Thirty” (a list of egregious legislation proposed or passed) is a surreal list of legislation that proves the war on women is very real.

Enacted-Abortion-Restrictions-by-Year.pn

The New York Times relatesthat “Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington State, the top-ranking Republican woman in the House, was quoted by The Daily Beast last week as saying that Democrats were fabricating the ‘war on women’ to distract from real issues.” Read and decide for yourself if this war on women is imaginary. As Joan Walsh writes on AlterNet,

Democrats didn’t make the GOP presidential field back “personhood” laws that would criminalize some forms of birth control. They didn’t force the newly elected House GOP to make defunding Planned Parenthood their first legislative goal. And they didn’t propose the Blunt Amendment that would have allowed employers to withhold health insurance coverage not only for contraception, but for any treatment they disapproved of…”

If I'm so ignorant about RVW why have you morons shot it down by now?>

Explain why you lost the woman vote by double digits in Nov....and I guess you've been hiding behind the 8 ball on all your GOP governors restricting abortion rights.

Young women were easily duped by the Øbama propaganda machine. Like the abortion bill in Texas, these so called "restrictions" are actually designed to protect women - but you won't admit that. You are too well steeped in libby Orwellian doublespeak. Only a disingenuous libby like you can call fetal termination "reproductive."obamacare.jpg

LOL, your lies in the OP are eviscerated with facts, and THIS is your best response?

For a second there, I almost felt sorry for you, but then I started laughing so hard that I got over it.

Which lie? of course you can't point it out....b/c you got nothing.

Your war on women continues....you need them to win another election....and it's just getting worse for you.

Poor liar.

Gee......maybe b/c most are against women's rights. Duh.

The current makeup of the SC has not changed Roe V. Wade. You'll have to win an election or two to possibly change it.

can't you even stay on your own topic? You saying Republicans are against women's rights is a false narrative by you and the left.

Again you are a proven liar and a racist.

I never claimed you were talking about 3rd term abortions, troll, but it is a huge factor in the overall issue, and because the country is more pro-life, Roe. vs. Wade hurts Democrats more than Repubs.

Typical that you'd lie and falsely accuse me of lying.

No one on the board with the slightest common sense takes your word on ANYTHING.

Conservatives like to pretend there is no war on women, so PoliticusUSA developed a running list of legislation to prove that there is indeed a war on women.

Oh gosh, if a Democrat Propaganda source says it's true, it must be! :D

Stupid lying troll.

Young women were easily duped by the Øbama propaganda machine.

You losers love your excuses don't you.

Like the abortion bill in Texas, these so called "restrictions" are actually designed to protect women - but you won't admit that.

LOL...One of the consequences of this law which will be repealed is that abortion clinics will be shut down.

I dind't expect you to know this or tell the truth about it being the GOP water carrier you are.

You are too well steeped in libby Orwellian doublespeak. Only a disingenuous libby like you can call fetal termination "reproductive."obamacare.jpg

Republican War on Women's Reproductive Rights - Dina Titus

Keep pretending it doesn't exist.

You're way over your head on this debate.

We still haven't heard Skeppy reply to Junker's question..... :D