What do people mean when they say they're "Pro Life"?

I'm a little confused.

Governor Perry tells us repeatedly that he's more pro-lifer than anybody.

Because life, presumably, is sacred.

OK?

How does he decide which lives are disposable, and which lives are sacred?

Just an excuse to post

Rick-Perry-pro-life.jpg

cc

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're confused because you obviously don't know the difference between an "innocent" life and one found guilty of heinous crimes against society by their peers.

In short: You're a DUMBASS. :D

I'm still trying to understand how a position as a bedpan-sniffer qualifies you to judge anybody else's smarts.

cc

I'm a little confused.

OK?

Just an excuse to post

cc

That's easy. Criminals who commit capital crimes, have forfeited their right to life.

Babies have committed no crime, and don't deserve to be dismembered because they are "inconvenient".

I'm still trying to understand how a position as a bedpan-sniffer qualifies you to judge anybody else's smarts.

cc

We have to assume here that this is introspection on your part?

Good for you! Recognizing your issues is the first step toward recovery.

Maybe there is hope for you yet.

cc

Doesn't negate his first sentence, though.

Growing human life is not guilty of any crime; those put to death have been judged to be guilty of committing a crime.

It's the same reason a rape exclusion is asinine. How many actual rapists get the death penalty for one rape? Why should the growing human life receive the death penalty for one rape, especially a rape he or she didn't commit? The growing human life should not be issued an effective death sentence for the biological father's crime.

It's not that confusing really.

cc

It's EASY. Let's take your OP for instance where you compared an innocent life form to someone who was convicted of heinous crimes against society by a jury of their peers.

Only an absolute f_cking MORON would even think that was a valid logical comparison, let alone post it in an OP.

I'm a little confused.

OK?

Just an excuse to post

Rick-Perry-pro-life.jpg

cc

1. He doesn't "decide" anything.

2. Pro-life and capital punishment are not incongruous. Capital punishment is a result of protecting lives of the innocent and/or undeserving. Now, you can argue that CP doesn't do that, but that's your opinion vs. mine.

You're confused because you obviously don't know the difference between an "innocent" life and one found guilty of heinous crimes against society by their peers.

In short: You're a DUMBASS. :D

You are a fking whacko! Life is fking life, it makes no difference what fking time it is, or how low the mayo is in the jar, you dumb fk.

It would be more correctly phrased 'pro innocent life' for many. I personally do not agree with the death penalty but I do not see any contradiction in fighting for the lives of the unborn and supporting death for the most heinous crimes.

You are a fking whacko! Life is fking life, it makes no difference what fking time it is, or how low the mayo is in the jar, you dumb fk.

I'm a wacko and you're comparing life to a mayonnaise jar...... :D

To expound on Larry's point, the governor simply signs an order approving what has already been decided by a court of law. The governor neither imposes nor carries out the sentence. It is only after a defendant has been given the opportunity to defend himself against accusations that a capital sentence is imposed.

In stark contrast, an abortion is carried out by the "accuser" and "executioner" with the "defendant" ex parte, that is to say, not present. He is not charged with anything and not given a chance to defend himself yet capital punishment is imposed upon him anyway.

being a pro-lifer means that person wants to have power and control

over other person's reproductive organs.

over others to force the religion of the pro-lifer on to others through

the power of the government.

being a pro-lifer means that person is a mutherfugging idiot who thinks that

stopping two cells from dividing is "murdering a baby."

being a pro-lifer means that person wants to have power and control to kill

real people like our US soldiers and other people by voting for republicans

to start wars in violation of our Constitution by using fraud like bush and cheney.

And who better to make that decision than the government ?

Because we all know how u want the government intruding into citizens lives.

Once again ES demonstrates his inability to deal with facts by resorting to personal attacks.

What else can we expect from a low-information, public school educated liberal?

over other person's reproductive organs.

No, being a pro-lifer means trying to protect the most vulnerable among us from ghouls like you, who want to dismember them.

It's sad you can't deal with reality.

Then you are pro-life AND anti-death penalty. That is a position that I can respect.

Once again ES demonstrates his inability to deal with facts by resorting to personal attacks.

What else can we expect from a low-information, public school educated liberal?

A teacher at that.

No, being a pro-lifer means trying to protect the most vulnerable among us from ghouls like you, who want to dismember them.

William is a nutcase. Something really dreadful must have happened to him.

In the first trimester, the "most vulnerable" are just a mass of cells, like a cancer, like republicans in congress,

In the second trimester, the fetus is developing a little, but still is pretty much just a slug.

In the third trimester, now we are getting somewhere, and the little buggers can be cooked or put

into a stew and provide some nourishment. Usually, I cook them whole like in a chicken soup,

but you can dismember them if you want to batter and fry them.

Goofy runs from his hypocrisy of being a small gov guy and wanting the gov to crawl inside a woman's uterus. Run OJ run! ! !

But it's not about that anymore than it is about not allowing a burglar to crawl inside your house and shoot you. Small government wishes do not equal no government or laws. I know, a tough concept for your mind.

pro life means we need to stop the slaughter of unborn children

criminals like ES should be killed because he looks like danny devito

4'5" 550 lbs bald head with that really cool pony tail

right custodian guido ?

In the first trimester, the "most vulnerable" are just a mass of cells, like a cancer, like republicans in congress,

In the second trimester, the fetus is developing a little, but still is pretty much just a slug.

In the third trimester, now we are getting somewhere, and the little buggers can be cooked or put

into a stew and provide some nourishment. Usually, I cook them whole like in a chicken soup,

Folks, we have a very sick mind at work here.

Folks, we have a very sick mind at work here.

"Just a mass of cells" is not only biologically wrong, it is pro-abortion speak to deny there is a growing human being. To equate it with 'cancer cells' is dishonest and stupid. He proves my point by the rest of his post.

Small government wishes do not equal no government or laws.

Exactly. The line is drawn when there is, or is going to be, actual harm to another human or humans, including those growing in the womb.