Fox News The Soft Bigotry Of Low Expectations

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/hardball/52370785

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell took issue Monday with guest host of The O’Reilly Factor Laura Ingraham’s recent characterization of Rachel Jenteal, a key witness in the George Zimmerman trial. Last week, Ingraham criticized defenders of Jenteal for excusing “her poor manners, her disrespectful language and cocky ignorance.”

“Left-wing elites fall all over themselves to avoid criticizing behavior among blacks they would never tolerate from most upper crust white kids, like the use of the N word or the F word or the C word,” said Ingraham, adding: “This is an example of what Daniel Patrick Moynihan called ‘the soft bigotry of low expectations.’ Everyone from Tom Sowell to Bill Cosby have pointed out that when we set a low bar for people, they never end up rising above it.”

In his Rewrite segment Monday, O’Donnell asked, “What is an upper crust white kid?”

“Laura Ingraham really thinks upper crust white kids don’t use the F word?” said O’Donnell. “Really? Does that mean that lower crust white kids do? And middle crust white kids do? And do they use such horrible language because we have low expectations for non upper crust white kids? Are lower crust white kids also the victims of the soft bigotry of low expectations?”

Ingraham attributed the well-known phrase, “the soft bigotry of low expectations,” to former Democratic Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan of New York. But the phrase belongs to President George W. Bush, from a campaign speech he gave to the NAACP in July, 2000:

“I will confront another form of bias: the soft bigotry of low expectations…Equality in our country will remain a distant dream until every child, of every background, learns so that he or she may strive and rise in this world. No child in America should be segregated by low expectations, imprisoned by illiteracy, abandoned to frustration and the darkness of self-doubt.”

“How could [ingraham] get that so wrong?” said O’Donnell. “How could she attribute that very famous line to anyone but George W. Bush or Michael Gerson, the speechwriter who has publicly claimed credit for putting those words in President Bush’s mouth?…Being wildly wrong on facts is not a problem for the Factor because when it comes to getting the facts right, the Factor audience has learned to have very low expectations.”

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

More like the soft bigotry of the failed liberal public education system

You've just been exposed as one of the biggest idiots on the forum. Again. But that's the soft bigotry of low expectations when dealing with the intellectual level of a rightwinger.

Ingraham attributed the well-known phrase, “the soft bigotry of low expectations,” to former Democratic Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan of New York. But the phrase belongs to President George W. Bush, from a campaign speech he gave to the NAACP in July, 2000:

“How could [ingraham] get that so wrong?” said O’Donnell. “How could she attribute that very famous line to anyone but George W. Bush or Michael Gerson, the speechwriter who has publicly claimed credit for putting those words in President Bush’s mouth?…Being wildly wrong on facts is not a problem for the Factor because when it comes to getting the facts right, the Factor audience has learned to have very low expectations.”

LOL, I love watching liberals make fools of themselves. The statement by Moynihan came from his 1965 report, "The Negro Family: The

Case for National Action".
Last time I looked, 1960 predated 2000. Your results may vary.
Looks like Larry better go back to the drawing board and learn his history.

You've just been exposed as one of the biggest idiots on the forum. Again. But that's the soft bigotry of low expectations when dealing with the intellectual level of a rightwinger.

Hey, nice job making a complete and utter fool of yourself.

I'm gong to get back out of the way now, and watch you continue to devolve.

LOL, I love watching liberals make fools of themselves. The statement by Moynihan came from his 1965 report, "The Negro Family: The

Don't feel left out goofy. You're number one as the biggest idiot on the forum. But then again watching Lawrence O'Donnell expose you fools night after night is one of my favorite forms of entertainment. Looks like the study showing Fox News viewers as the least informed morons on the planet plays itself out everyday. :lol:

screws you must be 1 of 6 in his audience. even without O'Reilly in the seat Laura beat the crap out of msnbc. that missing link is a disgrace. if black people want to hold her up as any type of example it should be an example of how blacks have failed their own people. would you hire that monkey?? I would not.

Don't feel left out goofy. You're number one as the biggest idiot on the forum. But then again watching Lawrence O'Donnell expose you fools night after night is one of my favorite forms of entertainment. Looks like the study showing Fox News viewers as the least informed morons on the planet plays itself out everyday. :lol:

Are you still amassing that one man army skewie....The progressive army of one who is going to take over the world?

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell ....

Who cares what that lying leftist psychotic thinks? :glare:

Don't feel left out goofy. You're number one as the biggest idiot on the forum.

Golfboy is intelligent, informed and has common sense.

Anyone who pays the slightest attention to O'Donnell is hopelessly stupid.

I hate to disagree with you, but the phrase is not mentioned anywhere in his paper. Neither the words "soft" nor "bigotry" appear anywhere within it.

http://www.blackpast.org/?q=primary/moynihan-report-1965

Yea, go ahead and believe Lawrence O'Donnell instead of looking up the FACT that I showed you, where Moynihan first uttered the "bigotry of low expectations" idea.