Medicare Supplemental Rates Skyrocket!!!!

Daaaammmnnnn, just got the rate increases for the in-laws for medicare supplemental insurance.

A whopping 21.6% increase. The largest IN YEARS!!!!

Now the in-laws are not rich but fairly well off so it's not a huge deal for them.

Seems just recently the Obama dick smokers here were saying how medical costs have gone down, apparently no one bothered to tell the insurance companies.

Remember how the lefties always portrayed the 47% as the poor and elderly? Well, seems they really don't give a f-uck about them and Obamacare is sticking it to the elderly and in 2014 when those at 400% of poverty level or below see the bill for thier MANDATORY INSURANCE and the IRS is hounding them to get with it, the shyt will hit the fan.

More progressive policies putting downward pressure on the poor and elderly, SHAMEFULL!!!!

SPINELESS LITTLE TWITS!!!!

link?

Scanning last years rates and these new rates is a little more trouble than its worth. The wife and I have DPOA and pay all the in-laws bills. There is no need to lie about something like this, ask a senior that has supplemental insurance. Could be just our insurance (medico) but I doubt it.

I am licensed to sell insurance here in FL. From what I understand, the medicare supplement plans have seen some fluctuation, but have not increased dramatically because of Obama. The biggest problem with them is the donut hole, which is harder to cover than the flat cost per month for a supplement. For most seniors the prescription drug costs are the best reason to have a medsupp.

Daaaammmnnnn, just got the rate increases for the in-laws for medicare supplemental insurance.

A whopping 21.6% increase. The largest IN YEARS!!!!

Now the in-laws are not rich but fairly well off so it's not a huge deal for them.

Seems just recently the Obama dick smokers here were saying how medical costs have gone down, apparently no one bothered to tell the insurance companies.

Remember how the lefties always portrayed the 47% as the poor and elderly? Well, seems they really don't give a f-uck about them and Obamacare is sticking it to the elderly and in 2014 when those at 400% of poverty level or below see the bill for thier MANDATORY INSURANCE and the IRS is hounding them to get with it, the shyt will hit the fan.

More progressive policies putting downward pressure on the poor and elderly, SHAMEFULL!!!!

SPINELESS LITTLE TWITS!!!!

Ain't private insurance the cat's pajamas??? Just keeps getting more expensive, while covering less and less all the time.

Godbless the GOP for its hard work on behalf of this price-gouging special interest!!!

I am licensed to sell insurance here in FL. From what I understand, the medicare supplement plans have seen some fluctuation, but have not increased dramatically because of Obama. The biggest problem with them is the donut hole, which is harder to cover than the flat cost per month for a supplement. For most seniors the prescription drug costs are the best reason to have a medsupp.

Not talking about perscriptions here, this is Medicare part "b" supplemental insurance. It extends a hospital stay after straight medicare runs out and covers 100% of the 20% medicare does not pay on everyday doctor visits and tests.

Some people actually do not know medicare is an 80/20 plan.

Just keeps getting more expensive, while covering less and less all the time.

You can play stupid all day long if you like but we both know the government has mandated increased insurance coverage, where you been the last 2 years????

Not talking about perscriptions here, this is Medicare part "b" supplemental insurance. It extends a hospital stay after straight medicare runs out and covers 100% of the 20% medicare does not pay on everyday doctor visits and tests.

Some people actually do not know medicare is an 80/20 plan.

You can play stupid all day long if you like but we both know the government has mandated increased insurance coverage, where you been the last 2 years????

Mandated purchase of PRIVATE INSURANCE, dimwit ... unless you're 65+ and finally ... FINALLY!!! ... get single-payer (Medicare)

Mandated purchase of PRIVATE INSURANCE, dimwit ... unless you're 65+ and finally ... FINALLY!!! ... get single-payer (Medicare)

Mandated benefits increase costs, for one.

BTW, the GAO reported that the PCIP is so strained that new enrollees are being turned away, and that the "HHS has directed a shift of more costs onto the current enrollees, thus raising the out-of-pocket health care expenses for the people with pre-existing conditions". Another great lie about Obamacare.

Mandated benefits increase costs, for one.

BTW, the GAO reported that the PCIP is so strained that new enrollees are being turned away, and that the "HHS has directed a shift of more costs onto the current enrollees, thus raising the out-of-pocket health care expenses for the people with pre-existing conditions". Another great lie about Obamacare.

Nice scapegoat, and indeed, an industry that has outpaced inflation by more than double, for decades, while reducing the amount of coverage (higher co-pays, share of scripts, etc.) might well be welcoming of anything and everything to blame for rising costs, and even profit-take by over increasing in lieu of some minimal mandated coverages. But to blame Obamacare for rising private insurance costs is idiotic, and ignores the fact that it's been out of control for decades, making our systems mediocre at best and orders of magnitude more-costly than single-payer, which eliminates the middle man money-handlers (insurance) who, in the US, skim close to 30 cents of every Dollar we spend for healthcare.

Nice scapegoat, and indeed, an industry that has outpaced inflation by more than double, for decades, while reducing the amount of coverage (higher co-pays, share of scripts, etc.) might well be welcoming of anything and everything to blame for rising costs, and even profit-take by over increasing in lieu of some minimal mandated coverages. But to blame Obamacare for rising private insurance costs is idiotic, and ignores the fact that it's been out of control for decades, making our systems mediocre at best and orders of magnitude more-costly than single-payer, which eliminates the middle man money-handlers (insurance) who, in the US, skim close to 30 cents of every Dollar we spend for healthcare.

Two topics.

1. The government, in general, has mandated benefits that increase the costs of private healthcare.
  2. Obamacare wrote checks it now cannot cash, and not only are new enrollees with pre-existing conditions being turned away, HHS directed a shift of more costs to current enrollees, meaning they pay more out-of-pocket.

Two topics.

• The government, in general, has mandated benefits that increase the costs of private healthcare.

• Obamacare wrote checks it now cannot cash, and not only are new enrollees with pre-existing conditions being turned away, HHS directed a shift of more costs to current enrollees, meaning they pay more out-of-pocket.

Two answers:

[*]The extent to which taking pre-existing conditions is increasing cost has yet to be measured. But if we see a spike in costs, which are already outpacing inflation by multiple, be real sure and let me know. Up- to now, all you have is more fear mongering from and industry that has raised it to a fine art.

[*]The government does not cash the checks it issues; it funds them, and has, since the dawn of the republic.

Two topics.

1. The government, in general, has mandated benefits that increase the costs of private healthcare.
  2. False.
  3. Obamacare wrote checks it now cannot cash, and not only are new enrollees with pre-existing conditions being turned away, HHS directed a shift of more costs to current enrollees, meaning they pay more out-of-pocket.
  4. False.

"Hi. I'm nana. I make things up."

Under the ACA, my coverage is free. And I make decent money.

Two answers:

[*]The extent to which taking pre-existing conditions is increasing cost has yet to be measured. But if we see a spike in costs, which are already outpacing inflation by multiple, be real sure and let me know. Up- to now, all you have is more fear mongering from and industry that has raised it to a fine art.

It's not 'fear mongering'. The GAO said so.

[*]The government does not cash the checks it issues; it funds them, and has, since the dawn of the republic.

Er, that was an expression, like 'your mouth is writing checks your arse can't cash'. Have you never heard that? Or were you being facetious?

This is focusing on my BTW, instead of the main answer, which was one of the problems, as I see it is that mandated benefits are causing a lot of rising costs in private insurance.

Do you agree? Disagree?

>> It's not 'fear mongering'. The GAO said so. <<

Er, that was an expression, like 'your mouth is writing checks your arse can't cash'. Have you never heard that? Or were you being facetious?

This is focusing on my BTW, instead of the main answer, which was one of the problems, as I see it is that mandated benefits are causing a lot of rising costs in private insurance.

Do you agree? Disagree?

Here's what the GAO is saying. http://gao.gov/assets/600/591566.pdf Find it in there and I'll call you Houdini.

How so?

Our old plan was an 80/20 with a $2600 out of pocket till 100% kicks in.

Now it is $2600 out of pocket to get to the 80/20 and another $2600 to get to the 100%.

BTY, this employer is a non-profit hospital, they were very upfront about the reason for the changes.

My wife is a healthcare professional, we can afford this(unwillingly). The rest of the service employees at the hospital got the same plan witch pretty much screwed them.

Here's what the GAO is saying. http://gao.gov/assets/600/591566.pdf Find it in there and I'll call you Houdini.

This is the report that was linked in the article I linked previously in this thread: http://www.gao.gov/assets/660/654260.pdf

It looks like you were looking in the wrong one, April 2013, not June 2012.

Will you still call me Houdini? :closedeyes:

2700 pages that were not read, another 18,000 pages of rules and regulations concerning Obamacare.

Only the surface has been scratched,,,,

So what does poverty feel like, beans and rice, rice and beans???

Our old plan was an 80/20 with a $2600 out of pocket till 100% kicks in.

Now it is $2600 out of pocket to get to the 80/20 and another $2600 to get to the 100%.

BTY, this employer is a non-profit hospital, they were very upfront about the reason for the changes.

My wife is a healthcare professional, we can afford this(unwillingly). The rest of the service employees at the hospital got the same plan witch pretty much screwed them.

And this was caused by Obamacare? In what requirement under the ACA? (misnomer, since no health care in American is affordable)

This is the report that was linked in the article I linked previously in this thread: http://www.gao.gov/assets/660/654260.pdf

It looks like you were looking in the wrong one, April 2013, not June 2012.

Will you still call me Houdini? :closedeyes:

I am not disputing that. The fear mongerers frequently parses (distorts) GAO estimates so they come off as only seeming like the messenger, when the message is in fact of their construct. Ergo, if it's in the linked document, where is it in the document? Do a text search and see if it's there or the article is distorting stuff.

Is that clearer?

2700 pages that were not read, another 18,000 pages of rules and regulations concerning Obamacare.

Only the surface has been scratched,,,,

So what does poverty feel like, beans and rice, rice and beans???

Gourmet, if properly prepared, with excellent-quality Japanese short grain rice and Brasilian style pintos or black beans dolled up kinda feijoada-ish. Top with a fried egg and add pepper oil and fresh lime. Mmmmmmmmmm.

"Hi. I'm nana. I make things up."

http://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/healthpolicy/calculator/

Really??? If you're single and earn $40,000/yr you're on the hook for the majority of your premiums. Well $40k/yr is shit. So either you don't qualify for free coverage or you don't make decent money.

Which is it???