Obamacare IT Contract awarded to Indian Company

How ironic that Obamacare is outsourcing it's IT work.

http://m.computerworld.com/s/article/9240448/D.C._awards_Obamacare_IT_work_to_offshore_outsourcer

Infosys recently announced that it had won a $49.5 million contract to develop a health benefit exchange for the District of Columbia. That's one of the larger government contracts won by an offshore outsourcing firm, but it's unclear whether any of the work will be done overseas.

Health benefit exchanges are one of the changes brought by the sweeping healthcare reform bill, which is commonly known as Obamacare but whose official title is the Affordable Care Act. The contract was awarded to a U.S.-based Infosys subsidiary, Infosys Public Services, in January, but the company announced it this month. Infosys is based in India.

The intent of the health exchanges, which are due to begin operation Jan. 1, is to allow consumers to compare various health insurance plans. Insurers can't refuse to sell consumers a policy under the new law.

Infosys is acting as the prime systems integrator on the project, which includes replacing the city's legacy Medicaid and eligibility systems.

Infosys was asked by Computerworld whether the work is being done in the U.S. or offshore, and if H-1B workers were being used on the project. Infosys is one of the largest users of temporary work visas, and it completes much of its IT work in lower-wage countries.

An Infosys spokeswoman said the company will not release any specifics about the contract, but she said it was in compliance with contract's rules.

Similarly, the D.C. Health Benefit Exchange Authority (HBX) has not provided any information about the contract.

This hasn't happened yet, and we all should be outraged! Raise Cain about it, if you care about American workers.

It reminds me of the massive repair job to the Oakland-Bay bridge. Given to RED CHINA! And they phucked the job up, using rusty, weak rivets! Now, we trust them to fix it again?

Everytime I go into any store now here in Cal, I am greeted by some raghead from Eyesore, India, or get on the phone, some Indian greets me, and I cant understand a word they say. I ask them; "How does it feel knowing you took an Americans job away from them?"

And in the mini marts, I ask; "Are you hiring", and they say; "No, we only hire from our family".

It pisses me off to no end! I have nothing against these people, and try to be nice to them, but the anger never goes away.

This hasn't happened yet, and we all should be outraged! Raise Cain about it, if you care about American workers.

It reminds me of the massive repair job to the Oakland-Bay bridge. Given to RED CHINA! And they phucked the job up, using rusty, weak rivets! Now, we trust them to fix it again?

Everytime I go into any store now here in Cal, I am greeted by some raghead from Eyesore, India, or get on the phone, some Indian greets me, and I cant understand a word they say. I ask them; "How does it feel knowing you took an Americans job away from them?"

And in the mini marts, I ask; "Are you hiring", and they say; "No, we only hire from our family".

It pisses me off to no end! I have nothing against these people, and try to be nice to them, but the anger never goes away.

WHAA!!!!!!! WHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Hello_Kitty_Pacifier.jpg

Feel better now? :D

WHAA!!!!!!! WHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Hello_Kitty_Pacifier.jpg

Feel better now? :D

OK. I'll put you down for being against American workers, or just INDIFFERENT. Which is it?

You wont care until those Mexican girls come in and take your job from you licking bedpans clean.

Think it will never happen?

With Health care costs bankrupting us, you will see more and more hospital and nursing care being set up in Mexico!

This hasn't happened yet, and we all should be outraged!

You're mistaken, it's a done deal:

The contract was awarded to a U.S.-based Infosys subsidiary, Infosys Public Services, in January, but the company announced it this month. Infosys is based in India.

You're mistaken, it's a done deal:

The contract was awarded to a U.S.-based Infosys subsidiary, Infosys Public Services, in January, but the company announced it this month. Infosys is based in India.

Look at the article. It says, "its unclear that any of the work will be done overseas".

Which could mean they give H1B's, or L1's to Indians working here in the US. Which to me is just as bad.

The H1B program is badly abused by companies who fire American skilled workers, so that they can underpay foreigners. Its what devastated Silicon Valley years ago. Workers are given a 60 day notice of termination, and MUST train the foreign workers themselves, or they dont get their severance pay!

Talk about a double screwing clusterphuck!

But I am sure you like this kind of thing, because it is the corporate fascist Rethuglican way!

In the 1970's, may dad was a corporate sales executive in Ellay for a big company.

He was asked to take on a program to where he would research all the positions that were "dead wood" of people who would be terminated.

Well, they thanked him for doing such a bangup job on the project, they promptly terminated him!

This, after 40 years of loyal service to the company!

This same company fired anyone who didn't vote for NIXON! You had to sign a loyalty oath stating such!

The RETHUGLICAN WAY!