Jim DeMint: Women want to be forced to have ultrasounds

In the continuing series of "If it's crazy, it must be a Republican" series, next up is Jim Demint.

There is already one thread on Demint, but one is not enough to contain all of his warped ideas.

Some women like being forced to have an ultrasound before receiving an abortion, according to former Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC).

Republicans in state legislatures across the country have pushed legislation that requires women to undergo an ultrasound procedure 24 hours before terminating their pregnancy. The so-called “informed consent” laws usually require women to be given a picture of the fetus and be shown a fetal heartbeat, along with general information about abortion.

“The more the ultrasounds have become part of the law, where a woman gets the opportunity to see that there’s a real child, it’s beginning to change minds, and I think that’s a good thing,” DeMint said on NBC’s Meet the Press. “It’s time that the 3,000 babies we lose every day have some people speaking up for them.”

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow pointed out that women weren’t given the opportunity to have an ultrasound, they were forced to have a medically unnecessary ultrasound by the state. She added that in many cases women were subjected to trans-vaginal ultrasounds.

“So it’s an invasive vaginal forced procedure that a woman cannot say no to by order of the state government,” Maddow continued. “And that is all right with you. I understand that. You feel that you’ve got an interest strong enough to override a woman’s desire to not have that happen to her that you can insist that it does as a legislator. But most American women I think are going to balk at that.”

DeMint, however, insisted that some women wanted the state to force them to have an ultrasound.

Interesting how Schlep edits the story to make it appear as though the biased libby reporter's OPINION is fact.

The reporter says, "DeMint, however, insisted that some women wanted the state to force them to have an ultrasound."

Funny - I don't see the words "some women want the state to force them to have an ultrasound" in the quote from DeMint that Schlep oh so conveniently cut out...

“She’s forgetting about the thousands of women who want an informed choice, who want the opportunity to get a free ultrasound, which they can get not from Planned Parenthood but from a lot of these pregnancy centers.”

Picture+2.jpg

Interesting how Schlep edits the story to make it appear as though the biased libby reporter's OPINION is fact.

Biased reporter? lol.He said it on the #1 News show on TV: Meet the Press

Jim DeMint: Women want to be forced to have ultrasounds

You really really suck at debating.

Jim DeMint, who does not have a vagina, insists women want forced ...

Do the words "some women want the state to force them to have an ultrasound" appear in the quote from DeMint that Schlep oh so conveniently cut out?

“She’s forgetting about the thousands of women who want an informed choice, who want the opportunity to get a free ultrasound, which they can get not from Planned Parenthood but from a lot of these pregnancy centers.”

Picture+2.jpg

Schlep is parroting the words that have been put into DeMint's mouth by a "reporter" with a bias.....and Schlep thinks he can qualify debating skills - ba wa ha ha!

In the continuing series of "If it's crazy, it must be a Republican" series, next up is Jim Demint.

There is already one thread on Demint, but one is not enough to contain all of his warped ideas.

Some women like being forced to have an ultrasound before receiving an abortion, according to former Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC).

Republicans in state legislatures across the country have pushed legislation that requires women to undergo an ultrasound procedure 24 hours before terminating their pregnancy. The so-called “informed consent” laws usually require women to be given a picture of the fetus and be shown a fetal heartbeat, along with general information about abortion.

“The more the ultrasounds have become part of the law, where a woman gets the opportunity to see that there’s a real child, it’s beginning to change minds, and I think that’s a good thing,” DeMint said on NBC’s Meet the Press. “It’s time that the 3,000 babies we lose every day have some people speaking up for them.”

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow pointed out that women weren’t given the opportunity to have an ultrasound, they were forced to have a medically unnecessary ultrasound by the state. She added that in many cases women were subjected to trans-vaginal ultrasounds.

“So it’s an invasive vaginal forced procedure that a woman cannot say no to by order of the state government,” Maddow continued. “And that is all right with you. I understand that. You feel that you’ve got an interest strong enough to override a woman’s desire to not have that happen to her that you can insist that it does as a legislator. But most American women I think are going to balk at that.”

DeMint, however, insisted that some women wanted the state to force them to have an ultrasound.

Bullshit you faggot cocksucker.

Poor ES. Afraid that women will see that they are actually killing a real baby instead of a clump of cells, and will choose not to abort.

ES loves the taste of fresh baby flesh.

Translation: even I can't support mandatory invasive ultrasounds for women....but I won't let on...

I'll just do my usual tap dance and soft shoe.

These “pregnancy centers” to which DeMint refers are usually explicitly Christian facilities, that exist solely to scare, intimidate and mislead women out of choosing abortions.

The right's war on women continues and Poptart is on the sidelines cheering them on, with the dope totally oblivious to the fact women went for Obama by double digits in Nov.

Do the words "some women want the state to force them to have an ultrasound" appear in the quote from DeMint that Schlep oh so conveniently cut out?

Not only do Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed say they’re in favor of forcing women who request abortions to have ultrasound probes, they say women want this.

It’s an amazingly revealing moment.

It's a thankless job for Poptart carrying these idiots water.

Remember....if it's crazy...it's a republican.

Now Schlep starts his usual song and dance. Trying to change the subject.....

Picture+2.jpg

Schlep is parroting the words that have been put into DeMint's mouth by a "reporter" with a bias.....and Schlep thinks he can qualify debating skills - ba wa ha ha!

And as we all know....women just love to be told what to do by men....especially angry old republican men.

It's more of the same. Government trying to tell doctors about how to do their job.

If government is going to pay for abortion, they have every right to determine what procedures will be followed.

Sorry, but you want government controlling your healthcare, you've got it.

And as we all know....women just love to be told what to do by men....especially angry old republican men.

Poor ES, just can't stand that women might choose not to have an abortion if they see pictures of their baby before dissecting it.

If government is going to pay for abortion, they have every right to determine what procedures will be followed.

Sorry, but you want government controlling your healthcare, you've got it.

I didn't see where the government is paying for the abortions.

According to troglodyte Heritage Foundation President and former Sen. Jim DeMint, lots of women are just thrilled to be forced to have an ultrasound prior to being allowed to have an abortion. And in wingnut world, they're totally free as well. What a deal! What woman would want to pass that up?

Apparently you're not allowed to have a discussion on cable television about either gay marriage or abortion without letting the likes of right-wing hate mongers like DeMint and his buddy, con-artist Ralph Reed come on the air and lie to the viewers as they did here.

Thankfully Rachel Maddow was there for some push back, because David Gregory wasn't giving her any help on this topic on this Sunday's Meet the Press:

DAVID GREGORY: Jim DeMint, your reaction to what's played out in Texas, and State Senator Davis' comments?

FMR. SEN. JIM DEMINT: David, cases like the Philadelphia abortionist Kermit Gosnell--

DAVID GREGORY: Gosnell, yeah.

FMR. SEN. JIM DEMINT: --that shows the horrendous conditions in these clinics that have actually killed women. I mean, if we're talking about women's health, we need to consider that. But now two-thirds of Americans believe that, after a baby's heart is beating and they can feel pain, that they need some protection.

So I'm glad to see a lot of states, like Texas and Arkansas, begin to consider this. And the more the ultrasounds have become part of the law, where a woman gets the opportunity to see that there's a real child, it's beginning to change minds. And I think that's a good thing. It's time that the 3,000 babies we lose every day have some people speaking up for them.

RACHEL MADDOW: Women don't get the opportunity with ultrasound. The ultrasound bills are mandated by the state. So if a woman does not want an ultrasound, or if her doctor does not want her to have an ultrasound, if that ultrasound is not medically indicated the state government is stepping in and saying, "You must have this ultrasound by order of the state government."

And because of the timing on a lot of these, in a lot of these what is being mandated is a vaginal ultrasound. So it's an invasive vaginal forced procedure that a woman cannot say no to, by order of the state government. And that is all right with you. I understand that you feel that you've got an interest strong enough to override a woman's desire to not have the happen to her that you can insist that it does, as a legislator.

But most American women, I think, are gonna balk at that. And if you want to make it a federal issue, I say that the Democrats are going to be delighted to have that fight. But as Republicans push this further and further and further, it's the Wendy Davises of the world that are going to force you to make your argument--

DAVID GREGORY: Well, ok--

FMR. SEN. JIM DEMINT: She's forgetting about the thousands of women who want an informed choice, who want the opportunity--

RACHEL MADDOW: But a choice.

FMR. SEN. JIM DEMINT: --to get a free ultrasound, which they can get, not from Planned Parenthood--

RACHEL MADDOW: It’s not free--

FMR. SEN. JIM DEMINT: --but from a lot of these pregnancy centers--

RACHEL MADDOW: It’s not a choice. It's a mandated procedure--

FMR. SEN. JIM DEMINT: It is free in many cases; all the ones I'm familiar with--

RACHEL MADDOW: The one instance-- it would not be, women would be forced to pay for it.

RALPH REED: --women's right-to-know laws are supported by the overwhelming majority, not just of men, but of women, and 70% of the American people favor bans on abortion after the 20th week--

RACHEL MADDOW: So you think women--

RALPH REED: --late term abortions.

RACHEL MADDOW: --should be forced to have an ultrasound if they don't want one?

RALPH REED: I think that should be litigated at the state level. In some states, they've done it. In Virginia, they decided not to.

DAVID GREGORY: All right--

RALPH REED: I think that's a matter of prudential judgment by the state legislators--

RACHEL MADDOW: Wow--

I didn't see where the government is paying for the abortions.

You picked up on that lie too. You could get dizzy keeping up with all of them.

The current version of the Hyde Amendment, established in 1997, allows federal funding for abortion in cases of rape and incest, as well as life endangerment, but tightens the life exception to permit payment only when the woman's life is threatened by "physical disorder, physical injury, or physical illness, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself."

In addition, over the years, Congress has enacted legislation essentially banning abortion funding for other large groups of Americans dependent on the federal government for their health care or health insurance, ranging from federal employees and military personnel to women in federal prisons and low-income residents of the District of Columbia

There is no hole where these rightwing as.sholes won't go, they got them all covered.

Hmm, this must be DeMints uniformed advisor, as he doesn't know chit either!!! Only a lil over 1/3 are paid by gov dufus. You dumb fk!!