Public Official Says She Wants To Hire Someone “Non White”

Public Official Says She Wants To Hire Someone “Non White”

AUTHOR Kristin Tate

nc-kim-ratliff-no-white-males.jpg

Racism is defined as discrimination based on the color of skin. Why then, is racism only called out when non-whites are the victims?

Kim Ratliff, a County Commissioner in Mecklenburg Country, North Carolina, said she wants to hire a “non-white” county manager.

Imagine, for a moment, if somebody said they wanted to hire a “non-black” employee — they would be ripped by the mainstream media and ostracized from society. But the media isn’t interested in Ratliff’s comment, because whites can’t be victims of racism… Right?

Ratliff made the comment last friday while speaking about the departure of Harry Jones, the longtime county manager. Ratliff had obvious issues with Jones’ performance in the position. She said, “There were some people the manager was not talking to. There were county commissioners who were not talking to the manager.”

She elaborated on her ideal candidate, saying she wants “someone who is diverse – hopefully someone outside of North Carolina would be ideal for me. A non-white male who can good working relations with all people.”

After her comments got some local attention, she tried to explain herself, but never apologized for what she said.

“I wasn’t saying for white men not to apply,” Ratliff said. “What I was saying was we had a white male county manager. We had a black male. It’s a given those two genders and races will apply. I’m saying to the ladies of every race – take a chance at it.”

She continued, “Maybe I could have used a better choice of words. But I’m saying everyone apply. The most qualified will be selected. I would like for it to be a woman. If it is not, I’ll still support the person whether it’s white man, black man, or whoever.”

Does she regret her initial comment?

“Not at all. I mean – true – some residents may have taken it the wrong way. But I said what I said.”

Lol. The hypocrisy is laughable.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/06/20154-public-official-says-she-wants-to-hire-someone-non-white/

So, if a white person had said they wanted they didn't want a black person to get hired for the job would that be ok with you?

you are a racist. just not the only one. she's one too

the worst part about it is the double standard. it really doesn't bother me if someone wants to hire or f**k or kill a person simply because of their race.

but if she only wanted to hire a white, libs would be outraged.

Condoning black racism against whites eh?

Is it condoning black racism or understanding that a minority might want someone who reflects the community in that position. White males expect that they rule the world, yet represent such a small amount of it.

Is it condoning black racism or understanding that a minority might want someone who reflects the community in that position. White males expect that they rule the world, yet represent such a small amount of it.

yeah. kind of like when you walk in a chinese restaurant, and see they only hire chinks. that's fine. i don't want a black chick serving me eggrolls. i want a petite little slant-eyed girl in a tight shirt doing it. but the point is, white people are the only ones who can't get away with that $h!t. if i open a fish and chips and ale restaurant, and say i only want to hire anglo-saxons because it it fits more with the british tradition of the $h!t, i'd get hammered for it and you know it.

yeah. kind of like when you walk in a chinese restaurant, and see they only hire chinks. that's fine. i don't want a black chick serving me eggrolls. i want a petite little slant-eyed girl in a tight shirt doing it. but the point is, white people are the only ones who can't get away with that $h!t. if i open a fish and chips and ale restaurant, and say i only want to hire anglo-saxons because it it fits more with the british tradition of the $h!t, i'd get hammered for it and you know it.

Fu¢k it, just do what they do here in Vegas - call them "models" and hold auditions instead of interviews.

No. In order for it to be racist, they would need to be in a position of power, and clearly she... What?... Oh never mind.

Blacks can't be racists because of slavery 150 years Ago. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Everybody is a racist

I never was until I was told I was over and over again. Now I embrace it.

Kinda like I never hated the Red Sox til I moved to Boston and saw how obnoxious they were toward me a Yankee fan.

Wait for it......response from the libbys.....

[url=

Such typical, scared bullies. It doesn't bother you that blacks by the millions were kept from any sort of decent job for 100 years during Jim Crow, and now you're whining to your mommies that ONE person PREFERS to hire a black person. Well how - how - how dare they!

If you could only see yourselves. I never see more irony than I do on this subject.

Such typical, scared bullies. It doesn't bother you that blacks by the millions were kept from any sort of decent job for 100 years during Jim Crow, and now you're whining to your mommies that ONE person PREFERS to hire a black person. Well how - how - how dare they!

If you could only see yourselves. I never see more irony than I do on this subject.

The mental contortions you have to jump through, why?

Just admit that there is gray in the world. That everyone who shares your views is not always pristine. Many are often wrong and hypocritical.

Geez, you will drive yourself mad trying to defend something like this.

Once again, the racist Lisa B tries to justify black racism against whites with moral equivocation. Racism is racism, you racist.

if this fat n*gger gets to keep her job that is the outrage here. she is a racist and should not be in a position of public trust. If I were the mayor I would call her to be hanged in front of city hall at high noon along with her family.

She should definitely lose her job, a white person saying as much would.

No. In order for it to be racist, they would need to be in a position of power, and clearly she... What?... Oh never mind.

Blacks can't be racists because of slavery 150 years Ago. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I never was until I was told I was over and over again. Now I embrace it.

Kinda like I never hated the Red Sox til I moved to Boston and saw how obnoxious they were toward me a Yankee fan.

Same here bro...same here.

I'm beginning to wonder if SlowMotion and LiberalSlayer are the same person. They sound just alike. :mellow:

True.