Evangelical Atheists promote their Religion via a Monument. hypocrites

Nutjobs. Hypocrites. Attention Whores. They complain about Judeo Christian Monuments/Nativity scenes, etc., (ignore Judaism public themes though) and do the same thing they whine and cry about. Being a Judeo Christian at times is embarrassing, but this time the embarrassment is on Atheists.

Religion: Any system of faith and worship ---Websters Dict.

http://news.yahoo.com/atheists-unveil-fla-monument-near-ten-commandments-195201537.html

Atheism is a religion - a protected religion - just like all religions in the U.S.

Atheism in the USA is protected under the First Amendment's Free Exercise Clause. In August 2005, in a case where a prison inmate was blocked by prison officials from creating an inmate group to study and discuss atheism, the court ruled this violated the inmate's rights under the First Amendment's Free Exercise Clause. The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit affirmed previous Supreme Court precedent by ruling atheism be afforded equal protection with religions under the 1st amendment.[11][12]

Atheism is a religion - a protected religion - just like all religions in the U.S.

Atheism in the USA is protected under the First Amendment's Free Exercise Clause. In August 2005, in a case where a prison inmate was blocked by prison officials from creating an inmate group to study and discuss atheism, the court ruled this violated the inmate's rights under the First Amendment's Free Exercise Clause. The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit affirmed previous Supreme Court precedent by ruling atheism be afforded equal protection with religions under the 1st amendment.[11][12]

While I agree with the ruling to a point, I'd never call it a religion since religion involves belief in a higher power.

Nutjobs. Hypocrites. Attention Whores. They complain about Judeo Christian Monuments/Nativity scenes, etc., (ignore Judaism public themes though) and do the same thing they whine and cry about. Being a Judeo Christian at times is embarrassing, but this time the embarrassment is on Atheists.

Religion: Any system of faith and worship ---Websters Dict.

http://news.yahoo.com/atheists-unveil-fla-monument-near-ten-commandments-195201537.html

Hmm, that's weird, you have no problem with christian nut jobs, hypocrites & attention whores, just with some atheists who repeat the former here.

Doesn't matter what you call it - legally - officially - atheism is a religion...

Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color. :D

Doesn't matter what you call it - legally - officially - atheism is a religion...

Not exactly. The Supreme court ruled that Atheism is provided the same protections as Religions. That's because the !st Amendment states that the government will not endorse or establish a religion.

re·li·gion
/riˈlijən/
Noun
  1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
  2. Details of belief as taught or discussed.

While I agree with the ruling to a point, I'd never call it a religion since religion involves belief in a higher power.

It can mean "4. a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith". There are also those who believe they are or will become the higher power.

I just think it's a bit pitiful that the atheist monument couldn't find enough atheistic quotes, and had to resort to filling up more than a quarter (not counting bench) of it with Scripture.

It can mean "4. a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith". There are also those who believe they are or will become the higher power.

I just think it's a bit pitiful that the atheist monument couldn't find enough atheistic quotes, and had to resort to filling up more than a quarter (not counting bench) of it with Scripture.

Like I said, Reading the Bible pretty much convinced me that there is no God.

And I have no faith in God's existence any more than I have faith in the existence of Zeus.

Atheism is an opinion, not a faith.

Sorry, my state Constitution states religion is of the conscience of the individual and my Webster unabridged* pre 1932 5 inch thick dictionary states Religion isn't just belief in a supernatural diety but can be applied to Atheists and Communists also, go to library, get a pre 1932 jewish unapproved word speak definition and see yourself. Atheism = Religion. Busted.

Atheism.jpg

Sorry, my state Constitution states religion is of the conscience of the individual and my Webster unabridged* pre 1932 5 inch thick dictionary states Religion isn't just belief in a supernatural diety but can be applied to Atheists and Communists also, go to library, get a pre 1932 jewish unapproved word speak definition and see yourself. Atheism = Religion. Busted.

Not really. The commonly held definition states that Religion is a belief in a higher power. Being an atheist involves being faithless.

Not really. The commonly held definition states that Religion is a belief in a higher power. Being an atheist involves being faithless.

Sorry, I will take the centuries old Merriam Webster definition and my State Constitution over your opinion. Faithless doesn't matter, it's a set of values and beliefs, regardless if that's science or some guy in the sky, btw Hitler proclaimed his New Germany would be the first Nation based on Science, let's not side with this anti-semite, lest you be proclaimed one also.