NSA spies on earth, elsewhere

Not sure why anyone would expect America not to spy on foreign citizens and officials. I get the outrage over spying on Americans, but spying on the EU I think the USA would being remiss not to do so. Anything that would give America diplomatic leverage or security should be used.

Not sure why anyone would expect America not to spy on foreign citizens and officials.

It would be naive, I agree. I would also expect the EU countries to be spying on America - it's always best to keep close tabs on your allies.

And people say Richard Nixon was out of control...BHO is making him look like a Boy Scout.

The gargantuan $1.2 billion complex at a National Guard base 26 miles south of Salt Lake City features 1.5 million square feet of top secret space.

Gee...I wonder how many of BHO's contributors have their fingers in that pie. Just think if that was George Bush...the ultraliberal agenda driven media would be having a nervous breakdown.

Snowden leaks: Fresh US bugging claims as EU seeks answers

When Snowden first spilled the beans and let Americans know BHO was spying on them on scale only a paranoid psycho could have predicted...I thought her was a hero, now I think of him as a out of control wacko.

The editorial board of our leading left-wing rag seems strangely indifferent to the NSA's spying on our European allies:

Most European governments presumably have long been aware of the N.S.A.’s capabilities. Ordinary Europeans, however, were unaware, until Der Spiegel published the numbers this week, of just how many private phone calls, e-mails and text messages the N.S.A. now monitors in Europe each month. The magazine reported 500 million in Germany alone in a single month. That large number raises suspicions that a lot of N.S.A. snooping has no connection to America’s national security or thwarting terrorists.

N.S.A. listening in on ordinary Europeans is perfectly legal under United States law; the agency is prohibited only from snooping on Americans without court authorization. German intelligence agencies are similarly prohibited from spying on Germans. It is naïve to assume that allied intelligence agencies do not share data that may be off limits to one and not the other.

That’s why the outrage of European politicians seems overblown

A serious problem as I understand it is that, while the NSA and equivalent entities abroad are not legally allowed to spy on their own citizens, they frequently share information among each other. So, the USA could share information about German citizens with a German intelligence agency that is not legally allowed to try to acquire it directly, or...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/03/opinion/listening-in-on-europe.html?hp&_r=0

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/nsa-spied-on-european-union-offices-a-908590.html

On the bright side, it's good to remember the government isn't just spying on its own citizens.

all goverment spy on each other. This isn't anything new. It's just that this twit disclosed what we were doing. You don't think that Germany and other friendly countries spy on the US? If you don't then I have a bridge over you mama's backside I will sell you.

all goverment spy on each other. This isn't anything new. It's just that this twit disclosed what we were doing. You don't think that Germany and other friendly countries spy on the US? If you don't then I have a bridge over you mama's backside I will sell you.

I just don't like it. I mean, honestly, what could we ever have to fear from a country like Germany?