Why Does Alec Baldwin Get A Free Pass For Gay Slur?

The question is rhetorical. Alec Baldwin is a liberal elite. They live by different standards. Therefore, Baldwin’s profanity-laced threat to beat up a “little queen” was mostly ignored by the “mainstream” media.

Paula Deen (she lost a book deal and two more sponsors Friday) continues to be excoriated in the media for something she said decades ago. Don Imus was fired for referring to “nappy-headed” girls on a college basketball team. Rush Limbaugh lost sponsors for calling Sandra Fluke a “slut” (for which he subsequently apologized).

Yet arrogant Hollywood elites like Alec Baldwin go virtually unchecked – and suffer no consequences for words and actions that would get anyone else fired – as pointed out by John Ondrasik of the musical group “Five for Fighting”, who tweeted a simple truth today:

“If Alec Baldwin was a righty he’d never work in Hollywood again.”

CNN’s Anderson Cooper asked (rhetorically as well, I’m sure) why Baldwin gets a free pass after making such a hateful statement:

“Why does #AlecBaldwin get a pass when he uses gay slurs? If a conservative talked of beating up a “queen” they would be vilified.”

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFLMAO....coming from a sheep of the party against gay marriage and equal rights for all citizens....that's a hoot and a half.

So when are you going to denounce Baldwin? Oh wait, you won't because you're a hypocrite.

Gee, how unsurprising.

People expect Alec Baldwin to be a douche. So when he runs his mouth, People get what they expect.

People didn't expect Paula Dean to run her mouth and make a racist remark. The market rejected her.

Actually the market seems to be embracing here, it's corporations cutting ties to her because they're afraid of negative fallout.

Her book sales actually increased, as has other of her endeavors.

The market decides who to forgive and who to shun.

Actually the market seems to be embracing here, it's corporations cutting ties to her because they're afraid of negative fallout.

Her book sales actually increased, as has other of her endeavors.

Your link doesn't work for me. The market canceled her tv show and pretty much every endorsement deal she had.

So when are you going to denounce Baldwin? Oh wait, you won't because you're a hypocrite.

Gee, how unsurprising.

You look so cute when your panties are in a bunch.

Baldwin used a string of expletives and gay slurs against the reporter - calling him a "toxic little queen" and threatening to beat him up and to put his foot up... um, somewhere.

"But I'm sure you'd dig it too much," Alec tweeted.

Now doesn't that sound like 80% of all the conservatives on this forum? Your awarenesss took a nosedive here. Shocking.

Cardinal Rule #1 for Cons: Never under any circumstances tell the truth about fellow cons no matter how wrong or bigoted they are.

Baldwin is a loose canon and takes no sh-it from anyone. Everyone knows that. He was offensive and then apologized for his tweet.

end of story.

But you keep looking for some imagined victory here. God knows your cup is empty on victories these days....so revel and make a fist bump b/c Alec Baldwin tweeted.

You look so cute when your panties are in a bunch.

Baldwin used a string of expletives and gay slurs against the reporter - calling him a "toxic little queen" and threatening to beat him up and to put his foot up... um, somewhere.

"But I'm sure you'd dig it too much," Alec tweeted.

Now doesn't that sound like 80% of all the conservatives on this forum? Your awarenesss took a nosedive here. Shocking.

Cardinal Rule #1 for Cons: Never under any circumstances tell the truth about fellow cons no matter how wrong or bigoted they are.

Baldwin is a loose canon and takes no sh-it from anyone. Everyone knows that. He was offensive and then apologized for his tweet.

end of story.

But you keep looking for some imagined victory here. God knows your cup is empty on victories these days....so revel and make a fist bump b/c Alec Baldwin tweeted.

Nice job displaying your hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

I love watching liberals let the mask slip off during one of their self-righteous rants.

Nice job dumbass.

Nice job displaying your hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

I love watching liberals let the mask slip off during one of their self-righteous rants.

Nice job dumbass.

Typical wingnut logic. One liberal does something so wingnut over generalizes about ALL liberals.

A 5th grader debater can see right thru you nonsense.

I said he was offensive.....but you throw the word hypocrite around so easily b/c we all know it's a major part of your life.

You are having a rough few months. Your political opportunism failed with Benghazi....the IRS nonscandal must have really let you down.

But start the parade...Goofy has a victory: Alec Baldwin tweeted a nasty tweet.

American man lies again. Baldwin isn't getting a free pass, I watched 2 hours of prime time TV last night with wall-to-wall crucifying of Baldwin for using that slur.

Properly so.

He's a dick.

If he ever confronted me because I took a picture of him, I'd let him know that he's gonna have a few months of unemployment because I was about to re-arrange his face.

American man lies again. Baldwin isn't getting a free pass, I watched 2 hours of prime time TV last night with wall-to-wall crucifying of Baldwin for using that slur.

Properly so.

He's a dick.

If he ever confronted me because I took a picture of him, I'd let him know that he's gonna have a few months of unemployment because I was about to re-arrange his face.

you are such a bad azz...

lol

at least according to you

lol

Typical wingnut logic. One liberal does something so wingnut over generalizes about ALL liberals.

A 5th grader debater can see right thru you nonsense.

I said he was offensive.....but you throw the word hypocrite around so easily b/c we all know it's a major part of your life.

You are having a rough few months. Your political opportunism failed with Benghazi....the IRS nonscandal must have really let you down.

But start the parade...Goofy has a victory: Alec Baldwin tweeted a nasty tweet.

now you know that if a hollywood actor who was conservative had said the same thing, it would be a huge deal...that idiot paula deen has apologized up and down for words she said yrs ago. and no one ever heard her say them.....what a country

now you know that if a hollywood actor who was conservative had said the same thing, it would be a huge deal...that idiot paula deen has apologized up and down for words she said yrs ago. and no one ever heard her say them.....what a country

...yup, that's the double standards we're living with today! One group can do whatever they want... the other will be kicked out to the oceans if they even SAY the wrong thing!

Sickening!

...yup, that's the double standards we're living with today! One group can do whatever they want... the other will be kicked out to the oceans if they even SAY the wrong thing!

Sickening!

yep. liberals have it so easy in life. do what they want. say what they want. free tax evasion card. do as i say, not as i do................................................................................................................................infinity

No surprise Baldwin gets a Pass..... What was truly laughable was a few years back when we heard the tape of his maniacle tirade directed towards his adolescent daughter---but in true Libewral form, Alec appeared on Oprah where he was awarded victim of Disenfranchised Parent Syndrom staus.... priceless