I stand corrected....not 50% but 76% living paycheck to paycheck..

My bad, forgive me I stand corrected, in past threads/posts I put that 50% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, actually it was 76%--I understand people are going to get mad at my wrong lying statements, you can toast me if you want, I will not reply.... 76% of Americans Are Living Paycheck-to-PaycheckJune 25, 2013

Source: CNNMoney.com

Roughly three-quarters of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck, with little to no emergency savings, according to a survey released by Bankrate.com Monday.

Fewer than one in four Americans have enough money in their savings account to cover at least six months of expenses, enough to help cushion the blow of a job loss, medical emergency or some other unexpected event, according to the survey of 1,000 adults. Meanwhile, 50% of those surveyed have less than a three-month cushion and 27% had no savings at all.

“It’s disappointing,” said Greg McBride, Bankrate.com’s senior financial analyst. “Nothing helps you sleep better at night than knowing you have money tucked away for unplanned expenses.”

Even more disappointing: The savings rates have barely changed over the past three years, even though a larger percentage of consumers report an increase in job security, a higher net worth and an overall better financial situation.

So why aren’t Americans saving more?

Full article here

561633.jpg

In 1980 85% of those working for a living did not have plans for retirement under the age of 40. So why in 2013 would that have changed? Credit is the new economic engine, not paying things off. Same as 1980, the same since 1916 at the birth of the federal reserve banking system and the founding of the security and exchange commission setting up a global economic standard of crashing local economies in trading currency values.

Einstein's relativity at work...

ssdd.

My bad, forgive me I stand corrected, in past threads/posts I put that 50% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, actually it was 76%--I understand people are going to get mad at my wrong lying statements, you can toast me if you want, I will not reply.... 76% of Americans Are Living Paycheck-to-Paycheck June 25, 2013

Roughly three-quarters of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck, with little to no emergency savings, according to a survey released by Bankrate.com Monday.

Fewer than one in four Americans have enough money in their savings account to cover at least six months of expenses, enough to help cushion the blow of a job loss, medical emergency or some other unexpected event, according to the survey of 1,000 adults. Meanwhile, 50% of those surveyed have less than a three-month cushion and 27% had no savings at all.

“It’s disappointing,” said Greg McBride, Bankrate.com’s senior financial analyst. “Nothing helps you sleep better at night than knowing you have money tucked away for unplanned expenses.”

Even more disappointing: The savings rates have barely changed over the past three years, even though a larger percentage of consumers report an increase in job security, a higher net worth and an overall better financial situation.

Full article here

561633.jpg

If I was asked if I had "savings" to cover 6 months of living expenses I'd have to say no, because the vast majority of my "savings" goes into my Roth, and I never keep more than $1,000 in actual cash.

The problem might be the survey parameters or the fact that they're referring specifically to liquid cash savings, which means that even though it would only take a week and a half to sell and transfer a portion of my stocks(from none retirement accounts) to my bank it still probably wouldn't be counted towards whether or not I have 6 months of living expenses saved.

If I was asked if I had "savings" to cover 6 months of living expenses I'd have to say no, because the vast majority of my "savings" goes into my Roth, and I never keep more than $1,000 in actual cash.

The problem might be the survey parameters or the fact that they're referring specifically to liquid cash savings, which means that even though it would only take a week and a half to sell and transfer a portion of my stocks(from none retirement accounts) to my bank it still probably wouldn't be counted towards whether or not I have 6 months of living expenses saved.

When companies pay less than a living wage what do you expect?

When we stop buying , companies lay off workers because people stopped spending . Vacation business found that out .

Stores can't sell goods , remember when people stopped buying so much gas when it hit close to 5 dollars a gallon?

Companies think the American market is not worth the trouble .

Now see, this is what bugs me about cons. You whine about having to live paycheck to paycheck, yet you also whine about unions. Unions are formed to address these very problems but all you can see is what the Kotch brothers tell you to see.

So you want to bust the unions and then trust corporations to pay a livable wage? Any of you idiots wanna buy a bridge in Brooklyn . . . . . ?

When companies pay less than a living wage what do you expect?

When we stop buying , companies lay off workers because people stopped spending . Vacation business found that out .

Stores can't sell goods , remember when people stopped buying so much gas when it hit close to 5 dollars a gallon?

Companies think the American market is not worth the trouble .

Companies pay less because Americans are idiots that lack any form of national identity or pride.

I'm a German American(I only say that because I'm an actual dual citizen raised to be culturally German) and my values are completely foreign to just about everyone I know. Austerely is the end of the world for Americans, yet it's been the cultural norm for Germans since the beginning, and in case you haven't noticed Germany's doing pretty damn well and now essentially controls all of the European Union.

In the United States your social status is measured by what you have, while in Germany it's measured by what you produce and it's relative value to the nation. If we had millions of college students demanding top notch engineering schools and graduating to produce the very best products in the world, a populace that would demand American made products in stores, and a culture that praised factory workers do you think we'd be in the economic squeeze we'd be in right now?

Now see, this is what bugs me about cons. You whine about having to live paycheck to paycheck, yet you also whine about unions. Unions are formed to address these very problems but all you can see is what the Kotch brothers tell you to see.

So you want to bust the unions and then trust corporations to pay a livable wage? Any of you idiots wanna buy a bridge in Brooklyn . . . . . ?

Not that it's a surprise, but you don't really understand the big economic picture.

Unions, just like corporations and regulations, artificially raise the barrier of entry into particular businesses, and give rise to industry monopoly(and no, one company doesn't have to have full market share for it to be a monopoly).

Do you know what the greatest economic victory of the middle class has been in the 21st century? California's decision to remove all food safety regulations from home produces who do direct sales and limited small batch distribution. It used to take hours of classes and tens of thousands of dollars talking to lawyers to navigate all the food safety regulations in California for food preparation, but now anyone who has taken the food safety course and has a quick home inspection by a health inspector is no longer a criminal for making salsa or baking bread and selling it to their neighbors, and you can bet your ass that quite a few businesses are going to spring up from that and employ thousands of people.

Believe it or not corporations love regulations and union labor, because guess who are the only companies that can afford to pay for the legal advise to sift through thousands of pages of new regulation, and pay union wages and/or fight to keep their shops non-union? Major corporations. Guess what happens to their small competition in a highly unionized and regulated environment? They fail or they quit and the only survivors are the companies that would poison us to make a penny.

Small businesses need very little regulation, as the market is very swift to punish a mistake by those that can't afford millions in PR and advertising to make mistakes disappear or rebrand as something new, so why would they be included in regulations meant to prevent major companies from abusing consumers? Probably because our government is corrupt and owned by the major companies that see a very easy way to crush the competition that they could never truly beat in terms of customer service and quality.

Con-tard-o-nomics 101 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Good post !!!!!!!!! :glare:

My bad, forgive me I stand corrected, in past threads/posts I put that 50% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, actually it was 76%--I understand people are going to get mad at my wrong lying statements, you can toast me if you want, I will not reply.... 76% of Americans Are Living Paycheck-to-Paycheck June 25, 2013

Full article here

561633.jpg

Bush said: "The Constitution is just a goddam peice of paper"

Companies pay less because Americans are idiots that lack any form of national identity or pride.

I'm a German American(I only say that because I'm an actual dual citizen raised to be culturally German) and my values are completely foreign to just about everyone I know. Austerely is the end of the world for Americans, yet it's been the cultural norm for Germans since the beginning, and in case you haven't noticed Germany's doing pretty damn well and now essentially controls all of the European Union.

In the United States your social status is measured by what you have, while in Germany it's measured by what you produce and it's relative value to the nation. If we had millions of college students demanding top notch engineering schools and graduating to produce the very best products in the world, a populace that would demand American made products in stores, and a culture that praised factory workers do you think we'd be in the economic squeeze we'd be in right now?

The multinationals are sending so many jobs and plants to China, and IT tech jobs to India. Our corporate culture no longer values labor, and profits rule along with outrageous CEO bonuses. Years of Union busting by Rethuglicans has lowered wage bases here a huge amount.

Corporations pay what the market will bear. When you have low educated people competing for entry level jobs the pay is going to be commensurate. When you have illegals working for little to nothing it drives the pay scale down. When you have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, obamacare, and myriad regulations, companies move offshore. Corporations are in business to make money. A lot of libs don't seem to realize this. Salaries are an expense. I know some libtard will have to comment on the salaries of the CEO. Try to understand that the CEO has a contract, with measurable performance standards, that is approved by the Board of Directors. CEO's are fired every day for not performing. If Obama ran a Corp. he would have been removed by the Board after his first four years. He would have been FIRED.

Corporations pay what the market will bear. When you have low educated people competing for entry level jobs the pay is going to be commensurate. When you have illegals working for little to nothing it drives the pay scale down. When you have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, obamacare, and myriad regulations, companies move offshore. Corporations are in business to make money. A lot of libs don't seem to realize this. Salaries are an expense. I know some libtard will have to comment on the salaries of the CEO. Try to understand that the CEO has a contract, with measurable performance standards, that is approved by the Board of Directors. CEO's are fired every day for not performing. If Obama ran a Corp. he would have been removed by the Board after his first four years. He would have been FIRED.

Yeah but CEOs in other countries get 20:1 50:1 pay ratios. CEOs in America get 500:1 pay ratios, then wanna bitch about having to pay for health-insurance for workers and living wages.

The multinationals are sending so many jobs and plants to China, and IT tech jobs to India. Our corporate culture no longer values labor, and profits rule along with outrageous CEO bonuses. Years of Union busting by Rethuglicans has lowered wage bases here a huge amount.

You're far to intelligent to fall for the party line bullshit.

Jobs are going to China because they have a vastly superior industrial policy to our nothing. The Chinese government allows Chinese employees of foreign corporations to strike and unionize, and considering how in 10-20 years of working in a factory one can easily retire in China, I doubt an insignificant reduction of labor costs is the reason they relocate to China, build an entirely new plant, stock it with new AMERICAN manufactured machinery, and pay huge shipping costs.

Take some ownership in what has actually happened in our country, and if you really want to do something to stop it I'd be more than happy to let you know where to buy American made products for just about everything you need(besides electronics, because we lost that almost completely).

Full article here

Meanwhile, 6 people, all heirs to the Walmart fOrtune... made by paying hardworking, loyal Americans minimum wage and not offering any benefits... own more assets and money than 40% of all Americans. 6 people.