If it's crazy, it's a republican

In Railing Against the Death of DOMA, Louie Gohmert (R-TX) Approvingly Quotes Famous Polygamist

Saw this from our own Dave Edwards, and this part made me chuckle.

In a Capitol Hill press conference, Gohmert referred to the Supreme Court justices who voted in favor of striking down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) as “the five new holy quintets.”

“For them — I don’t know what kind of cloistered walls this court has been behind,” he opined. “They were not aware that the most wise man in history, Solomon, said there’s nothing new under the sun. And this isn’t new, and it’s been tried over and over. And it’s usually tried at the end of a great civilization.”

Someone who's actually read the bible instead of just waving it around at press conferences might want to tell Gohmert that Solomon isn't the best historical figure to cite when defending marriage between "one man and one woman" -- in light of the fact that he had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Idiot.

IMAGINE 1000 women...all bitching at you...all at the same time :wacko:

now I understand why they put the "one wife" thing in the bible....guess they weren't completely stupid

Fuk! Taking out the trash one time can can be bad enough.

But 1000...

cc

Cons don't think before they talk. The constant foot in mouth routine that they have perfected should be ample evidence of that! I once heard a republican senator from my home state talk about the "mighty Spartan war machine" and how the Spartans could never have been the military force they were had they allowed homosexuals in their army.

Anyone who knows anything about ancient Sparta can tell you how ridiculous that statement was.

Needless to say he was ridiculed in the local press. I never understood why he would say such a thing when he obviously didn't know a damn thing about ancient Greece.

I have discovered if you place physical absolutes up against any social justification character matters most, they all sound insane calling the idea that physical absolutes exist in plain sight rediculous spouting out what everyone throughout history believed, and never understood completely.

I have discovered if you place physical absolutes up against any social justification character matters most, they all sound insane calling the idea that physical absolutes exist in plain sight rediculous spouting out what everyone throughout history believed, and never understood completely.

I see you can't comment on Gohmert's ridiculous comparison to Solomon.

Noted.

. I never understood why he would say such a thing when he obviously didn't know a damn thing about ancient Greece.

he was apoplectic because of the Supreme's shooting down DOMA. He also demonstrated he doesn't understand the bible with his faux pas.

It's like wrestling have one hero and one villian, control both, and get the crowd excited when the hero wins.

Those would would do good by America never get in the ring.

Its also like; "Good cop, bad cop" carrot and the stick approach, where if you don't take the carrot, they beat the Hell out of you with the stick. Either way, your SCREWED!

It's like wrestling have one hero and one villian, control both, and get the crowd excited when the hero wins.

Those would would do good by America never get in the ring.

Like Jesse Ventura and Gary Johnson

In Railing Against the Death of DOMA, Louie Gohmert (R-TX) Approvingly Quotes Famous Polygamist

Someone who's actually read the bible instead of just waving it around at press conferences might want to tell Gohmert that Solomon isn't the best historical figure to cite when defending marriage between "one man and one woman" -- in light of the fact that he had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Idiot.

Idiot.

And none of them were men. It was normal to have more than one wife back then. It has never been normal for a man to have a husban because that isn't a marriage. Guess that part kind of slipped your mind. Oh wait, you want to redefine marriage to fit your political agenda. I forgotz.

I should do that from now one. If i can't win an argument I will redefine words to fit my argument. Thanks for the idea, bub.

hugs n kisses

this has been a favorite of mine.

"They [China] have indicated that they're trying to develop nuclear capability and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat." –Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, warning that China could develop nuclear weapons, even though they've them since 1964, PBS interview, Oct. 31, 2011

not to mention, we were once owned by the brits. If THEY reach nuclear threat capacity, they may want to own us again... no really... they are that fukken stupid ... the most ridiculous is likely to come splattering across your windshield at any moment

keep in mind that this was NOT the intellectual wastrels you find on LF, this is from someone that is arguing that he is qualified to be in charge of YOUR country.

"They [China] have indicated that they're trying to develop nuclear capability and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat." –Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, warning that China could develop nuclear weapons, even though they've them since 1964, PBS interview, Oct. 31, 2011

not to mention, we were once owned by the brits. If THEY reach nuclear threat capacity, they may want to own us again... no really... they are that fukken stupid ... the most ridiculous is likely to come splattering across your windshield at any moment

keep in mind that this was NOT the intellectual wastrels you find on LF, this is from someone that is arguing that he is qualified to be in charge of YOUR country.

About as bad as saying you have visited all 57 states amirite?

thanks for throwing that in and confirming how fukken stupid you are little boy. Tell us all about it. Make your case! come on junior we are waiting.

Make my case of what? That you are a partisan hack who follows anything your masters tell you like a good little sheep without ever questioning authority or their policies. Or without ever realizing that both sides are far more closely related than you realize and that this partisanship they have successfully instilled in you is one of the most un-American attributes you could ever have? Because... that is the case.

The Brits run the banks.

The Chinese make the goods.

The Americans vote against their self-interests, time and time again.

Ever want to buck that trend....

logo.png

http://www.constitutionparty.com The Official Website

Constitution Party Promotional Video

10 dumbest things Republicans said last month, ONE MONTH.

. "When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That's a big thing. That's a big surgery. You don't have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that."

—Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin ®, defending her sweeping anti-abortion bill.

2. "They are going to cull the herd, so that instead of having billions, we'll only have hundreds of millions of human beings on the face of the planet."

—Alan Keyes, warning what's behind President Obama's gun control proposal.

3. "Some people could make the argument that a lot of people like being in abusive relationships. It's a love-hate relationship. It's very, very common for people to stick around with somebody they love who also abuses him or her."

—New Hampshire state Rep. Mark Warden ®, during a debate on a bill to reduce the penalty for simple assault.

4. "Slavery and abortion are the two most horrendous things this country has done but when you think about the immorality of wild, lavish spending on our generation and forcing future generations to do without essentials just so we can live lavishly now, it's pretty immoral."

—Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas), equating slavery with the national debt.

5. "Like most men, I'm more opposed to violence against women than even violence against men. Because most men can handle it a little better than a lot of women can."

—Rep. Jimmy Duncan (R-Tenn.), speaking on anti-violence legislation.

6. "There's a lot of ill will towards Sen. Hagel because when he was a Republican, he attacked President Bush mercilessly. At one point, he said he was the worst president since Herbert Hoover, said the surge was the worst blunder since the Vietnam War, which is nonsense. He was very 'anti 'his own party, and people don't forget that."

—Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), explaining the GOP backlash against Chuck Hagel.

7. "To redefine marriage is discriminatory towards those who hold the sincerely held religious belief that it is a sacred institution between a man & a woman."

—Illinois state Sen. Kyle McCarter ®, in response to the state Senate approving same-sex marriage in Illinois.

8. "I'm going to try to be brief because I notice you're on your fourth glass of water, and I don't want to be accused of waterboarding you."

—Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), speaking in the middle of a long, contentious confirmation hearing for John Brennan as CIA director.

9. "Slow down. Slow down. How about a little foreplay?"

—House Speaker John Boehner, joking that with bipartisan conversations on immigration reform taking place it's too early to talk about specific legislation.

10. "I was very proud of the fact that I didn't get anything wrong that I said during the course of the debates. I didn't get anything wrong, and that's a huge arena."

—Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), commenting on her performance in the 2012 GOP presidential debates.

and the grand winner is:

"I think video games is a bigger problem than guns, because video games affect people."

— Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.)

Make my case of what? That you are a partisan hack who follows anything your masters tell you like a good little sheep without ever questioning authority or their policies. Or without ever realizing that both sides are far more closely related than you realize and that this partisanship they have successfully instilled in you is one of the most un-American attributes you could ever have? Because... that is the case.

you are not permitted to speak to ever again ... just because you are scum and, well, also you are just another little inconsequential intellectually weak turd. For the life of me I can't understand why stupid people like YOU, think that you know all about me when you have no evidence of your claims. Makes you look stupid.

Your claim, which you were not savvy enough to realize you were making, is that obama didn't know how many states there are in the US. Anyone that wants to pretend that that is the case... receives nothing from me but total disdain and dismissal for lack of brains. idiot

I am sure that bunches of kons stood right up and were protesting this statement:

“I feel the best way to ensure Americans’ freedom is to tighten restrictions on that freedom in any way possible. Only through wiretaps, illegal searches and seizures, unfettered government intrusion, a controlled media and a complete crackdown on free speech can we ensure the liberties of all people.” ~ Attorney General John Ashcroft

you are not permitted to speak to ever again ... just because you are scum and, well, also you are just another little inconsequential intellectually weak turd. For the life of me I can't understand why stupid people like YOU, think that you know all about me when you have no evidence of your claims. Makes you look stupid.

Your claim, which you were not savvy enough to realize you were making, is that obama didn't know how many states there are in the US. Anyone that wants to pretend that that is the case... receives nothing from me but total disdain and dismissal for lack of brains. idiot

Ok.

A. How quick you were to get aggressive told me all I needed to know about you. That you are insecure, ill informed, and a sheep following the herd.

B. Its funny that you think you can tell me when I can and can't speak to you. See how well it worked?

C. My point, that you were to raged out to notice or just too indoctrinated into partisanship to notice, was that everyone says stupid things sometimes, and, in all honesty, misstating how many states there are in this country is pretty damn high on the list of "dumbest shit ever said by a POTUS candidate".