air pollution may have reduced atlantic hurricane numbers.

It's never surprising to me when everything the liberals say or believe turns out to be the exact opposite in reality.

ROTFLMAO

There have been ups and downs with the number and locations of hurricanes for a long time. Living in Florida I have looked at this several times. All sorts of reasons are given but no one has ever made a definative reason that has not been at least modified over time. This is another one of those. I notice that they couch it as "likely". In other words here we go again. I keep remembering in the mid 70's they were touting a coming ice age and 20 years later they were touting horrid flooding due to the global warming. I have learned to ignore them. Especially after I worked with a Hughs scientist teaching him about the Telemetry system Hughes bought to monitor the rocket that would take their payload up to study the atmosphere. He told me a few things known at that time about temperature and some things about meteorology.

Liberals hate these concepts.

The earth and the moon have the same average temperature. The temperature has gone up and down over the centuries all based on the output of the sun. The average has been bouncing around 0 degrees centigrade. The Earth has a natural air conditioning. As the temperature rises that causes more clouds thus mitigating some of this efffect. As the temperature lowers fewer clouds allow more sun to hit the earth.

I just can't buy into this theory.

If it were true, then you would see less hurricanes after major volcanic eruptions, where aerosols increase a great deal.

Reflective cloud tops are always white, regardless of aerosols, and what happens underneath the clouds and at the warm sea surface is much more important. Warmer oceans produce more violent, bigger hurricanes, because the warmer the air is, the more moisture it contains, and the increasing instability of the storm. Its basic physics.

The MJO(Madden-Julian Ossicilation) and NAO(North Atlantic Ossilation) are more weighted towards producing(or not) producing cycles of lean or mean hurricane seasons. As is a lack of upper level wind shear, and jet stream positions is telling of strong hurricane production.

ROTFLMAO

There have been ups and downs with the number and locations of hurricanes for a long time. Living in Florida I have looked at this several times. All sorts of reasons are given but no one has ever made a definative reason that has not been at least modified over time. This is another one of those. I notice that they couch it as "likely". In other words here we go again. I keep remembering in the mid 70's they were touting a coming ice age and 20 years later they were touting horrid flooding due to the global warming. I have learned to ignore them. Especially after I worked with a Hughs scientist teaching him about the Telemetry system Hughes bought to monitor the rocket that would take their payload up to study the atmosphere. He told me a few things known at that time about temperature and some things about meteorology.

Liberals hate these concepts.

The earth and the moon have the same average temperature. The temperature has gone up and down over the centuries all based on the output of the sun. The average has been bouncing around 0 degrees centigrade. The Earth has a natural air conditioning. As the temperature rises that causes more clouds thus mitigating some of this efffect. As the temperature lowers fewer clouds allow more sun to hit the earth.

Uh, the average temperature of the earth is 61 F. There is no average temperature of the moon, as it has no atmosphere, but surface temps swing wildly between -253 F and over +200 F. Of course solar output wiil have its effect on earth as well as the moon.

"Liberal concepts?" hahaha, yeah, as if all science is run by hair brained liberals, and cons have a lock on scientific truth. You are a phucking idiot!

well what about the scientists looking at this...are you more qualified. just asking

i have no doubt about warming and climate change..i just can't stand al gore making millions on it

the world must stop driving anything burning fossil energy...all factories must shut down...only solution